How to find a raid party

> @"WernerShadow.5261" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > Your best bet is to find some training groups. Check out [snow Crows Training site](https://snowcrows.com/raids/training/) and join their discord.

>

> thank you appreciate the help my experience so far has been just negative . Sadly they wanrt meta build or what they think is meta i dont have meta builds

You will find good **_starting points_** for meta builds on that site as well. I say starting points because every instance you may need to tweak some things for the encounter that you are in. Make sure to not only check the build for the class you are using but the raid guides for each encounter.

Raiders can be picky when it comes to what is in the group because you do need some keystone classes and builds to get through a particular boss. Learning the mechanics is just one part of the bigger picture.

It would be best for you to get your builds as close as you can to the meta and watch some of the [Raid Bosses](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raid) on youtube that you are going to attempt before you join a group. You can never be to prepared.

You need 4 keys to open the gate:

Luck

Patience

Timing

A leader that is willing to make a open group.

I have tried to raid, actually I have done W1 3/3 W2 2/3 and W3 2/3 and I have to admit that is not funny to pug raids and you must be patience and sometimes after 1h of waiting all goes to hell and you are like; really, compae...

Maybe in a guild is different. I do not know

Start a group with your friends/Guild mates. We did so about 2 or 3 months ago, only two people knowing Raids and taking the lead. We started with Cairn and struggled a lot. Now, we clean Wing 1 - 3, Cairn, Mursaat, Samarog, Sabir and Conjured Amalgamate. Also, we teach other players in our Guild how to take down these bosses and learn the missing ones.

> @"WernerShadow.5261" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > Your best bet is to find some training groups. Check out [snow Crows Training site](https://snowcrows.com/raids/training/) and join their discord.

>

> thank you appreciate the help my experience so far has been just negative . Sadly they wanrt meta build or what they think is meta i dont have meta builds

If you dont want to run meta builds you need to make sure your personal build comes as close as possible to achieving what a meta build can. For dps this means 30k dps on the golem. If you are providing boons to the group you need to make sure the boons you provide are first; useful, and secondly have 90% uptime.

If you are new to raids, its not advised you do this as you wont have a full understanding of what is needed for each boss fight.

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> > @"WernerShadow.5261" said:

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > Your best bet is to find some training groups. Check out [snow Crows Training site](https://snowcrows.com/raids/training/) and join their discord.

> >

> > thank you appreciate the help my experience so far has been just negative . Sadly they wanrt meta build or what they think is meta i dont have meta builds

>

> If you dont want to run meta builds you need to make sure your personal build comes as close as possible to achieving what a meta build can. For dps this means 30k dps on the golem. If you are providing boons to the group you need to make sure the boons you provide are first; useful, and secondly have 90% uptime.

>

> If you are new to raids, its not advised you do this as you wont have a full understanding of what is needed for each boss fight.

"B..b...but they told me I could play how I want O.O"

hi i started raiding 2 weeks ago, i cleared w1 full, w3 full, w2 Slashor, w4 i don't togcht yet (got 9li)

what i was did it was joining to a open traning raid, and than i joined to guild that organizing such traning raids

now i geting notifications whnever thay want to do traning on discord so i can just log on that time insted of waiting all day for that moment

it's taking mostly 2-3 attemps to learn boss, sometimes if you still not understed somethink, guide on yt helping alot

i usualy play scrapper, but i learned holo rifle and i feel more confortable right now on holo as well

even tho i do 26-28k dps on scrapper right now and usualy ppl don't have problem with it once thay see how well i do on arcdps i try to play holo more offten as well cuz with holo i usualy end as top dps, scrapper i'm using only to practice, as it's tanky af even in full berserker gear and forgiving many mistakes with not much dps lose to holo

raids are medium dificulity, and in order to complete them you want to do your best and try to improve to do even better

don't do raids if your motivation isin't self improvment or if you don't like chalange

i recomending you strike misions insted if your more of casual player as you can complite them even with random team

only boneskinner is for ppl that like chalange rest is duable with 1-2 necros ressing downed ppl ;)

i know you like your gameplay with your build and it's not eazy to find motivation to be inaf flexable to change to meta build but trust me, once you gona make it, you gona fast used to it, if you fell more save on your build go play on it for 1-2 times until you learn boss, and when you will feel more confortable try switch to meta

reson is becose if you do small dps, it longer taking to kill boss, and the longer you kill boss, more chance for rip

same many boss have somethink like dps check, that's mean if you not break his hp inaf fast to a x% it's one shot for team