Someone that can actually kill someone 1v1 in wvw plz tell me your secrets

Faccina.5091

with zerk/core i do 2.5-5k crits in shroud but they just run around kiting until shroud ends then i do 300-600 dmg with axe

with core/condi i do 80-300 with bleed/poison but it wont stack for some misteruos mistery

i tried scourge condi same thing i ran after someone half map spamming bleed-poison-torment-criple then switched to staff spamming marks and so on but guess who died when he stopped running :/

Necro in WvW as a solo player roamer for random 1vs1 encounter is maybe one of the most difficult classes to master, your positioning and use of LoS is essential, and a good use of Wurm and Spectral Walk is 70% what makes a Necro good or bad.

First you have to decide which spec you wanna go, if core if reaper or scourge, the first two are better for solo, scourge is better in zergs and big groups. Reaper is slightly better than core especially of you get outnumbered, his shroud is all aoe and so you can deal with multiple people at the same time if they don't pay attention, core is maybe a bit stronger for solo 1vs1 "legit" duels where the enemy won't run away and reset the fight.

If you go reaper the best bet is usually berseker gear with Rune of Speed, if you are learning full marauder is good too and you will have ton of health to help you.

If you go core, you mix up different stats, maybe some grieving with trailblazers and condi stuffs, power core is less effective and it's better go for condi. Wurm minion and spectral walk are must have in any necro build.

Find a friend and practice duels is the best thing to do.

I have 98% win rate 1v1 in wvw.

Yes, 1 out of 50 1v1 I lose.

I play the game for 8 years now. I know every single half decent roaming build of every class and I know how it works. Since I played a lot of teef for years I know exactly what the hardcounter to necro is capable of. The result is that most teef players are just not good enough to overcome this and defeat me. One out of 100 thieves is a threat.

I know my limits and I know how to use terrain effectively. So I don't engage rangers in open field and I know the map areas where thieves can not port to to burst me.

I don't need to think about my combos. It's all muscle memory. I can dodge one shot mesmer opening bursts with ingame sound turned off. It's all experience.

One thing does still wreck me after all these years:

Encounters with horrible ping. If they engage before I do, then they hit me before I can see their animations. No one can compensate that against builds like power thief or power rev.

The most obvious hint I can give to a newbie: ignore the reaper metabattle builds. They have always been trash. I don't know why.

Like this:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Greatsword_Roamer

Every single roaming reaper runs this and it's 100% trash! It has a ton of hardcounters - including reaper builds that have less counters. For that reason I have no idea why you would run this solo. This build does work in PvP but WvW is so full of cheese that you won't cut it there.

Side Note:

Reaper is currently in a golden age for roaming in general - even when it is outnumbered. Right after PoF release there was a time when other specs were just so extremely overtuned, that basically every other spec dealt more damage, had better sustain and superior mobility to reaper. During that time my statistics have been way worse of course.

> @"Vilin.8056" said:

> Look for a corruption tank build.

>

> In general most roamer necros do not rely on direct attacks, but rather by converting enemy's own boons into damage.

You can only kill on such a build if your target is stupid. If your aim is to create stalled matches 247 where your target just leaves you alone after a 2 minute fight, then yes, play such a build.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I have 98% win rate 1v1 in wvw.

>

> Yes, 1 out of 50 1v1 I lose.

>

> I play the game for 8 years now. I know every single half decent roaming build of every class and I know how it works. Since I played a lot of teef for years I know exactly what the hardcounter to necro is capable of. The result is that most teef players are just not good enough to overcome this and defeat me. One out of 100 thieves is a threat.

>

> I know my limits and I know how to use terrain effectively. So I don't engage rangers in open field and I know the map areas where thieves can not port to to burst me.

>

> I don't need to think about my combos. It's all muscle memory. I can dodge one shot mesmer opening bursts with ingame sound turned off. It's all experience.

>

> One thing does still wreck me after all these years:

> Encounters with horrible ping. If they engage before I do, then they hit me before I can see their animations. No one can compensate that against builds like power thief or power rev.

>

> The most obvious hint I can give to a newbie: ignore the reaper metabattle builds. They have always been trash. I don't know why.

>

> Like this:

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Greatsword_Roamer

> Every single roaming reaper runs this and it's 100% trash! It has a ton of hardcounters - including reaper builds that have less counters. For that reason I have no idea why you would run this solo. This build does work in PvP but WvW is so full of cheese that you won't cut it there.

>

> Side Note:

> Reaper is currently in a golden age for roaming in general - even when it is outnumbered. Right after PoF release there was a time when other specs were just so extremely overtuned, that basically every other spec dealt more damage, had better sustain and superior mobility to reaper. During that time my statistics have been way worse of course.

I think reapers damage could need a buff to be honest.

Maybe has something to do with spite being basically unplayable right now in solo roaming as you need a lot more condicleanses that only bloodmagic or deathmagic offer. Also if I remember correctly, the might generation is quite low now.

Especially compared to other classes the damage seems quite low.

Ranger pewpew= 18-24k dmg combined with one wolf pack

Dh longbow 2: 12k dmg

Both on range while necro has to go melee for 11k dmg (that's the average I hit people for with my shroud 4)

Thiefes dealing 9-12k backstabs out of stealth

Then autoattack difference:

My shorts autos are normally ~2k,~2,5k,~4-5k

Meanwhile ranger: 2-2,5k autoattacks on 1500 range (and that's not the highest numbers I got)

Same goes for deadeyes.

And then there's the condo shit.

Guards hitting you with one attack for instant 5stacks of burning, which will deal ~2k dmg per tick

But that's not all. Condo rev, next offender. I deal 600-1k autoattacks in shroud to revs. That's absolutely insane

Oh btw. Some classes still have insane boonstacking. Just saw an ele with permanent 10-20stacks might, permanent regen and protection.

WTF.

If they nerf condis maybe that'll make reaper deal more damage, as you then can pick spite again.

>

> > @"Vilin.8056" said:

> > Look for a corruption tank build.

> >

> > In general most roamer necros do not rely on direct attacks, but rather by converting enemy's own boons into damage.

> You can only kill on such a build if your target is stupid. If your aim is to create stalled matches 247 where your target just leaves you alone after a 2 minute fight, then yes, play such a build.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Like this:

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Greatsword_Roamer

> Every single roaming reaper runs this and it's 100% trash! It has a ton of hardcounters - including reaper builds that have less counters. For that reason I have no idea why you would run this solo. This build does work in PvP but WvW is so full of cheese that you won't cut it there.

Would you mind sharing your build? I follow hollts build but always down to try something new

Core necro have one of the best builds to fight even number fights atm in small sale or 1v1's. You can even win 1v2's or 1v3's but have to be careful because the inherent design counters are still there like cc chain and ranged poke so you need to had kite and keep dropping damage while running in outnumbered.

"http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSzEYaNsMCmHzipxIxxVxb5D-zVJYkR9fpEZEkZR1bo2dC49BIc/Wg5GA-w"

You can use this core necro build for small scale fights or 1v1 against most of the builds except condi rev or condi tank ele buids. Anything that bursts too much too often and has too many cc shuts down necro. There are other builds on necro that hard counter condi revs etc, but this is the most general small scale build that i found success on. It is a bit aggressive but the sustain from signets is just too high. You can put more defensive runes like antitoxin with death magic traitline instead of soul reaping if you have trouble surviving.