Unforgiving - Should it be changed/stronger?

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

I've been playing around with this trait lately, and while I'm finding it to be fairly good, though,I feel as if it could be much, much better. It's way too easy to waste as ANY hit of direct damage can use up the stun. Honestly my idea/suggestion for a change, would be to make it so STOLEN skills stun your marked target, as opposed to a first hit stunning your marked target. It would give the DE version of stolen skills a little bit more use outside of the boon/condition effects, and a bit more CC since I feel most DE's will be foregoing Basilisk Venom for Shadow Meld.

What is everyone else' thoughts on the matter?

Marked stolen skills are instant, so that would be a long range instant stun possibly lining up 2 or more of those depending on trait choice. That would also be kind of brutal if you already have Sleight of Hand. I agree though, Unforgiving doesn't feel deliberate enough and it's between two good traits, but it's good as a pile on even if there's no PI for it to carry.

> @Asur.9178 said:

> * Unforgiving should also make your first hit on your marked target unblockable; else it will fail to compete with the other 2 traits in this column.

[https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2715/deadeye-feedback](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2715/deadeye-feedback "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2715/deadeye-feedback")

> @"Kawloon Fuathach.3807" said:

> I've been playing around with this trait lately, and while I'm finding it to be fairly good, though,I feel as if it could be much, much better. It's way too easy to waste as ANY hit of direct damage can use up the stun. Honestly my idea/suggestion for a change, would be to make it so STOLEN skills stun your marked target, as opposed to a first hit stunning your marked target. It would give the DE version of stolen skills a little bit more use outside of the boon/condition effects, and a bit more CC since I feel most DE's will be foregoing Basilisk Venom for Shadow Meld.

>

> What is everyone else' thoughts on the matter?

This would definitely make Unforgiving compete with Silent Scope. As of now, unless you are trying to specialize in something there is no reason to take off silent scope.

> @Volrath.1473 said:

> We already have a stun on Mark in trickery.

> Having 2 traits do the same is pointless...

> Even as it is is pointless... imo it should just be replaced.

you dont understand how it works

via trickery you have daze while using steal/mark

via deadeye you have stun after deal any next damage to your target if you have marked him and this will be much viabel if you can decide when to use this stun via used stolen skill in any time in fight instead of your 1st any hit which will stun your opponent in unecessary situation

I find unforgiving strong enough.

Using basilic's venom with mark + unforgiving on a first attack is a 2.5s stun. Add be quick or be killed for quickness access and you get a really strong opening. I'm currently considering using the +30% damages on stunned target in pvp.

* It is a really strong utility as a +1 role. You can deny res by simply auto attacking.

* Coupled with shortbow, it's a really powerful trait against thieves since it's enough to use two cluster bombs and wreck him.

Unforgiving fits two gameplay :

The first one, using mark and deal damages as fast as possible. The second, applying mark, waiting in the shadow for malice to stack, then burst the target.

In both case it can be used to secure an opening burst on the target. It fits the sniper theme well IMO.

Though I can understand the feeling of unreliably with all the blocks around. You still have more control on unforgiving than on swindler's equilibrium.....

Given that Unforgiven as-is includes stolen skills as 'attacks', I don't think it really needs a buff.

Unblockable _would_ be nice, but since Basi Venom remains an elite option that could end up a bit too much. As it is, the lack of ICD on Unforgiven allows synergy with Mercy for an 'on-demand' stun (plus everything else you have mark traited for) in the midst of combat. Deadeye stolen skills have no travel time and execute quickly/instantly, making them fairly safe ways to proc the stun in pvp.

In terms of it feeling too easy to 'waste' Unforgiven's stun... think of it in a similar way to Basi Venom. Often you're entering combat with Basi on, opening with a stun to follow up with your initial burst. Unforgiven works very well with that tactic, so long as you don't auto-cast attacks immediately after marking. Deadeye mark's faster CD allows for more CC opportunities throughout the fight as well, asking only that you take some time to keep Unforgiven in mind and figure out how best to make use of the proc... which is quite in line with Deadeye in general.

> @Wargameur.6950 said:

> I find unforgiving strong enough.

>

> Using basilic's venom with mark + unforgiving on a first attack is a 2.5s stun. Add be quick or be killed for quickness access and you get a really strong opening. I'm currently considering using the +30% damages on stunned target in pvp.

Stun duration does not stack, that includes petrify/stone from Basilisk Venom and normal stuns like from Unforgiving

> @Turk.5460 said:

>No, giving a trait in a Major slot the utility of an ELITE skill is a terrible idea. Especially since it can be used twice in a short time with the help of mercy, 3 times if you include acro sword.

The hit which actualy trigger the Major Trait is blockeable. You need to hit "after" you mark a target to stun him. That hit is Dodgeable, Blockeable, etc... The fact is that you lost the stolen Skills a lot of times just coz obstructions, invulnerabilities, etc.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > Just make it unblockable.

>

> No, giving a trait in a Major slot the utility of an ELITE skill is a terrible idea. Especially since it can be used twice in a short time with the help of mercy, 3 times if you include acro sword.

you're right, it might be a little too op.

tbh it's fine as it is right now.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @Wargameur.6950 said:

> > I find unforgiving strong enough.

> >

> > Using basilic's venom with mark + unforgiving on a first attack is a 2.5s stun. Add be quick or be killed for quickness access and you get a really strong opening. I'm currently considering using the +30% damages on stunned target in pvp.

>

> Stun duration does not stack, that includes petrify/stone from Basilisk Venom and normal stuns like from Unforgiving

I'm not stacking it, basi petrification is just enough time to kneel and activate a skill + bullet time travel . I'm just applying one after the other :p