Does Blood Bank seem weak as a GM trait?

Anchoku.8142

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > isn't something like this worth exploring for WvW?

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlRg9wiYmYJN59qA-zVJYmRH/JYyB-w

> > >

> > > I mean with blood bank there could be a reason to actually use blood traitline over others. The point of that trait is to get as many healing sources as possible.

> > > Also **Do heal foods trigger the trait? And Runes?**

> >

> > **If** you already have full health and **if** you or allies expect incoming damage and decide to burn a heal before you need it, **then** it triggers and gives a barrier, which disappears after 2 seconds.

> >

> > For that largely unnecessary and speculative benefit, you give up Unholy Martyr, which consumes allies conditions for LF, or Transfusion, which pumps out significant group healing when siphoning with shroud 4.

> >

> > As it is, Blood Bank might as well be an empty slot.

>

> Barrier lasts 5 seconds, not 2, but otherwise, this is spot-on. *At best* this trait is a "open with Life Siphon on dagger as you close in to melee range" trait. No other play pattern makes sense in practice, and that is supremely weak for a grandmaster trait.

What is sad is that it really only works at the time you never need it ... when you enter combat.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> It is a neat idea but I had hoped the over-heal barriers would extend to allies. I have no idea why Necromancer, of all professions, would need temp hit points. When I first read the patch preview, I expected a group support trait to bring limited, minor barrier sharing to core and Reaper.

Excellent point. Up till now all blood magic grandmasters were party utility traits that gave otherwise selfish necro some supportive aspects. Even vampiric rituals did provide it with aoe barrier on a well.

Blood Bank breaks this otherwise good design for no apparent reason and not for a trait that would be a huge game changer or playmaker.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > The change to Vampyric Rituals may have only been done to nerf wells in WvW. Blood Bank is not a "bank" but rather a pay day loan. If you need it, you probably have a much bigger issue.

>

> Well no one was playing that traitline in wvw.

> I think it was more a spvp nerf.

>

> >

> > The lack of group support is the most frustrating aspect. The mechanic is interesting and extending barrier to core and Reaper is welcome but taking it means a dps loss with no team benefit. Staying out of shroud as much as possible is not good for core or Reaper damage output.

> >

> > If it modified Vampyric Presence to provide barrier from excess siphons and healing, I think that would be good.

> >

> > If it converted excess healing to life force, that qould be good, too.

>

>

You see Last Rites on quite frequently when a support Necro (usually Scourge) is nearby. In fact I'd say this is one of the traitlines that affects WvW the most, especially the trait that can pull allies to you and revive them en mass. Happens all the time.

And even if you meant "no one was using that trait" it was often taken for more fast revives. (The reason being that Transfusion only affects one skill, while Vampiric Rituals affected all Well skills, which were already OP in small group play).

In any case if you've ever been revived by a Necro they were running this traitline, almost guaranteed.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > The change to Vampyric Rituals may have only been done to nerf wells in WvW. Blood Bank is not a "bank" but rather a pay day loan. If you need it, you probably have a much bigger issue.

> >

> > Well no one was playing that traitline in wvw.

> > I think it was more a spvp nerf.

> >

> > >

> > > The lack of group support is the most frustrating aspect. The mechanic is interesting and extending barrier to core and Reaper is welcome but taking it means a dps loss with no team benefit. Staying out of shroud as much as possible is not good for core or Reaper damage output.

> > >

> > > If it modified Vampyric Presence to provide barrier from excess siphons and healing, I think that would be good.

> > >

> > > If it converted excess healing to life force, that qould be good, too.

> >

> >

>

> You see Last Rites on quite frequently when a support Necro (usually Scourge) is nearby. In fact I'd say this is one of the traitlines that affects WvW the most, especially the trait that can pull allies to you and revive them en mass. Happens all the time.

>

> And even if you meant "no one was using that trait" it was often taken for more fast revives. (The reason being that Transfusion only affects one skill, while Vampiric Rituals affected all Well skills, which were already OP in small group play).

>

> In any case if you've ever been revived by a Necro they were running this traitline, almost guaranteed.

I played transfusion for quite some time. But back then those revives were much better. and you have to be a very good player to not instant kill yourself +5 downed players that get teleported to you.

It's generally not a good idea to play support necro right now.

The support it grants isn't very good, since target cap got heavily nerfed and the rez pulses got heavily nerfed.

You will have much more benefit if you play any other healer. More boons and more outgoing healing.

And for downed players just use illusion of life on those chronos.