Anyone use core build?

JUN YANG.4328

Hi Guys

I try my necro after updated yesterday. it feel like on "Death Shroud" mode. life force lost quicker then before. i am using signet support build. i played this build mostly on wvw. before updated i am so tanky. easily can use death shroud crash into the zerg group. but i die so many time since updated :(

but on wiki it didnt mention life force lost percentage change. is it because they amended "Signet of Suffering"

> @"Bezerker.2379" said:

> Signet of undeath took a nerf with signet trait.

>

> Used to increase effect 50%. 33% now and it only works extra in shroud. Also. new vampirism signet sucks but with the nerf to well of blood not much better heals to use.

this is just suxks. make no fun at all. i lose interest for WvW. :angry:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFcsFa4YEmGzDHdn31JA-zRJYiRPfRkZK0bFkkwYP8A-e

Missing entries in the link:

- Utility: either Spectral Armor (small scale) or Wurm (solo)

- Elite: either Lich (burst) or Plaguelands (instant 30 carapace)

- Rune: either Scholar or Speed

Works okay, but is without a doubt worse than Reaper. I play it from time to time, when Reaper starts to bore me.

> easily can use death shroud crash into the zerg group

It's good that this is not possible anymore. Core lacked damage and still lacks, because it is too tanky for a ranged spec. The patch improves the situation, but there is still a mismatch. Core still can't do anything, if the target just leaves the fight and moves on.

• 1 month later...

> @"Kaspar.3892" said:

> You could always meme it up and run something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwEY6MsMCmHjjpxOxh75flB-z1IY6o+/Q6WEEuUtmFlfOEB5vmEspB-w and just face tank the world. Very slowly kill people (it is doable but takes a while)

I play something similar from time to time.

While you can basically tank almost any opponent for days, there's still some classes that can easily kill you.

And because you're tanky af. You do only very little damage, that any class can out sustain.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Soldier ? At least play it trailblazer.

> No sensible person will continue to fight a Soldier core necro, or they'll just /sit to prevent capture as you won't deal any damage either.

> It's a troll build, but far from somewhat useful. Trailblazer is cancer build.

Sentinel's

You'd be surprised how many people are stubborn and will think they can 2v1 you. If you know your stuff, you can easily sustain 500k+ worth of damage without dying. As long as you can keep your life transfers from being interrupted you can just auto-attack a lot of people to death or [burst someone with lich form](

).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFcsFa4YEmGzDHdn31JA-zRJYiRPfRkZK0bFkkwYP8A-e

>

> Missing entries in the link:

> - Utility: either Spectral Armor (small scale) or Wurm (solo)

> - Elite: either Lich (burst) or Plaguelands (instant 30 carapace)

> - Rune: either Scholar or Speed

>

> Works okay, but is without a doubt worse than Reaper. I play it from time to time, when Reaper starts to bore me.

>

> > easily can use death shroud crash into the zerg group

> It's good that this is not possible anymore. Core lacked damage and still lacks, because it is too tanky for a ranged spec. The patch improves the situation, but there is still a mismatch. Core still can't do anything, if the target just leaves the fight and moves on.

I have to tell you, 1v1 - Reaper vs Core Necro - I win every time on Core Necro. I use Anti-toxin runes and take the Death Magic trait line. As the fight goes on, I can have several stacks of Carapace which, because I've traited that to give me power, I could end up with about 3800 to 4000 power. The Reaper (or even more laughable, roaming Scourge) doesn't stand a chance. Has a Reaper beat me...yes, when I started the fight with my Life Force really, really low (or at 0).