• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Azukas.1426 said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > Because editing isn't a thing yet

> > >

> > > Some Armchair math here, based on your claim of IS and one Dodge can cause 1/2 of Marauder Thief Health:

> > >

> > > IS -2 stacks of Poison with Potent Poisoner and Panic Strike, Doing 2714 damage total over 8 seconds.

> > >

> > > Bleed 5 stacks, 2 from Caltrops 3 from Lotus Training doing 1221 over 8 secs.

> > >

> > > Torment 3 stacks from Lotus training dealing 514 over 6 secs

> > >

> > > These number s include the 10% damage boost.

> > >

> > > This all equals to 4449 over 8 seconds of time which is barely 27% of a Marauder Thief's health when rounding up, so IS and a Dodge does not deal 50% of a Thieves health in damage, only 26% over 8 seconds.

> > >

> > > Now add in 2 other Skills and 3 other traits i can do over 50% damage in 8 seconds.

> > >

> > > Edit had to correct values.

> >

> > I already showed you 2 and dodge does 50% of your life then proceeded to whip you in a duel.

> >

> > After that I beat you in a d/p meta mirror duel.

> >

> > I don't even thief until I started this s/d condi mess lol

>

> That was with Spider Poison on not just IS and Dodge. Quite different scenario.!

>

> And on the not playing Thief that was proven wrong.

The fact remains you got beat on your main by a non main thief. I'm sorry but we are just going to have to take that into consideration when you state your opinion.

s/d needs to go based on all facts

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @Azukas.1426 said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > Because editing isn't a thing yet

> > > >

> > > > Some Armchair math here, based on your claim of IS and one Dodge can cause 1/2 of Marauder Thief Health:

> > > >

> > > > IS -2 stacks of Poison with Potent Poisoner and Panic Strike, Doing 2714 damage total over 8 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > Bleed 5 stacks, 2 from Caltrops 3 from Lotus Training doing 1221 over 8 secs.

> > > >

> > > > Torment 3 stacks from Lotus training dealing 514 over 6 secs

> > > >

> > > > These number s include the 10% damage boost.

> > > >

> > > > This all equals to 4449 over 8 seconds of time which is barely 27% of a Marauder Thief's health when rounding up, so IS and a Dodge does not deal 50% of a Thieves health in damage, only 26% over 8 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > Now add in 2 other Skills and 3 other traits i can do over 50% damage in 8 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > Edit had to correct values.

> > >

> > > I already showed you 2 and dodge does 50% of your life then proceeded to whip you in a duel.

> > >

> > > After that I beat you in a d/p meta mirror duel.

> > >

> > > I don't even thief until I started this s/d condi mess lol

> >

> > That was with Spider Poison on not just IS and Dodge. Quite different scenario.!

> >

> > And on the not playing Thief that was proven wrong.

>

> The fact remains you got beat on your main by a non main thief. I'm sorry but we are just going to have to take that into consideration when you state your opinion.

>

>

> s/d needs to go based on all facts

Sorry but it was proven that someone plays Thief all the time when claiming they don't, I got beat once out of 4 times facing the OP Condi build, and once on D/P.

But some people leave facts like that out. Quite funny really.

The reality is with proper Condi cleanse management only 2 Condi clears are needed to handle S/D also knowing how to counter i.e. Going to the IR location and pressuring.

Then there is the fact I laid out the math of Carrion S/D IS and Dodge vs Marauder Thief only doing 4606 damage which is only 26% of Marauder Thief health but those pesky facts Evade people like a D/D Thief apparently.

Have yet to have facts post to show otherwise.

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> The fact remains you got beat on your main by a non main thief. I'm sorry but we are just going to have to take that into consideration when you state your opinion.

>

>

> s/d needs to go based on all facts

Speak for yourself, he seems rather reasonable to me. For the discussion he was having, he provided concrete math to back up his arguments, and the only thing he got as a rebuttal was the equivalent of _"Lalalalalalala-NOT LISTENING-Lalalalalala!"_ ... Ofcourse it helps that in this case, he's also right. 1 IS and dodge will not bring down half the health of a Marauder Thief, not even quickly. Even if he were a bad player, he is backed by hard numbers that effects everyone because that's the mechanics.

Throw in Venoms and it's no longer a problem with S/D, that's just the Venoms doing what they are designed to do.

Also love your solution. "S/D Needs to go"... Sure that's reasonable, let's remove the entire weaponset.

i don't understand why you guys give as a miracle solution to "deal" with the matter the cleanses of a TK/DE thief. Condi S/D build is also something you have to deal with the others classes and also what if only one build force you to play extreme condi cleanse? i mean what if i want to play boon stripping with BT? And on the other hand if i play power S/D i need that little poison proc on panic strike to counter tankier spec's regens and heals... It's not something so easy to balance imo but at least i would defo see condi S/D ask for much skill to be that effective.

The Build is NOT that effective. Certainly there professions or builds it works better against but this is the case with ANY condition build (Or any power build for that matter) . The complainers are Pvp'ers who make a point about starting a new thread on condition builds every second day because they do not want to be bothered to have to trait to counter this thing. They want their meta and nothing but the meta and then whine any time a build comes around that can counter this.

P/d condition is much more dangerous than is this thing and is not tied to one Condition type to do all of its damage.

Nor do you NEED extreme condition cleanse. Impaling lotus, uncatchable , dodges, Caltrops ALL existed long before s/d came around with its 6 extra poison for 15 INI. If EXTREME condition cleanses needed to deal with s/d condition then extreme ++++ would have been needed to deal with d/d condition and p/d condition.

Finally , as to it being easier to play then some other build might be. Why is that a concern? It does not bother me that there easier builds to play. If those that continue to post that every other build but their own is "braindead" are as good as they suggest they are, they should be able to beat this thing with relative ease. If they can not , then they are not as good as they think they are.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > @Azukas.1426 said:

> > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > Because editing isn't a thing yet

> > > > >

> > > > > Some Armchair math here, based on your claim of IS and one Dodge can cause 1/2 of Marauder Thief Health:

> > > > >

> > > > > IS -2 stacks of Poison with Potent Poisoner and Panic Strike, Doing 2714 damage total over 8 seconds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Bleed 5 stacks, 2 from Caltrops 3 from Lotus Training doing 1221 over 8 secs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Torment 3 stacks from Lotus training dealing 514 over 6 secs

> > > > >

> > > > > These number s include the 10% damage boost.

> > > > >

> > > > > This all equals to 4449 over 8 seconds of time which is barely 27% of a Marauder Thief's health when rounding up, so IS and a Dodge does not deal 50% of a Thieves health in damage, only 26% over 8 seconds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now add in 2 other Skills and 3 other traits i can do over 50% damage in 8 seconds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit had to correct values.

> > > >

> > > > I already showed you 2 and dodge does 50% of your life then proceeded to whip you in a duel.

> > > >

> > > > After that I beat you in a d/p meta mirror duel.

> > > >

> > > > I don't even thief until I started this s/d condi mess lol

> > >

> > > That was with Spider Poison on not just IS and Dodge. Quite different scenario.!

> > >

> > > And on the not playing Thief that was proven wrong.

> >

> > The fact remains you got beat on your main by a non main thief. I'm sorry but we are just going to have to take that into consideration when you state your opinion.

> >

> >

> > s/d needs to go based on all facts

>

> Sorry but it was proven that someone plays Thief all the time when claiming they don't, I got beat once out of 4 times facing the OP Condi build, and once on D/P.

>

> But some people leave facts like that out. Quite funny really.

>

> The reality is with proper Condi cleanse management only 2 Condi clears are needed to handle S/D also knowing how to counter i.e. Going to the IR location and pressuring.

>

> Then there is the fact I laid out the math of Carrion S/D IS and Dodge vs Marauder Thief only doing 4606 damage which is only 26% of Marauder Thief health but those pesky facts Evade people like a D/D Thief apparently.

>

> Have yet to have facts post to show otherwise.

I will take this as compliment that I play thief all the time. Thank you.

It is well known I do not and have stated on numerous occasions that I'm not GOOD enough to play thief.

I provided all the facts. We met up and dueled. You died after claiming you destroyed a top 70 player 20x in a row to show him it's not OP. I'm not in the top 70 nor do I play thief, but I beat you 100% of the time AND I beat you at D/P meta mirror duel. Everything you say has been off your word, but all the actual evidence contradicts your word.

Here is the thread on the old thief forums.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/S-d-Condi-needs-to-go-2/page/3

I linked page 3 b/c that's where I pretty much shut the argument for s/d condi down.

> @Azukas.1426 said:

> > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > @Azukas.1426 said:

> > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > Because editing isn't a thing yet

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some Armchair math here, based on your claim of IS and one Dodge can cause 1/2 of Marauder Thief Health:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > IS -2 stacks of Poison with Potent Poisoner and Panic Strike, Doing 2714 damage total over 8 seconds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Bleed 5 stacks, 2 from Caltrops 3 from Lotus Training doing 1221 over 8 secs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Torment 3 stacks from Lotus training dealing 514 over 6 secs

> > > > > >

> > > > > > These number s include the 10% damage boost.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This all equals to 4449 over 8 seconds of time which is barely 27% of a Marauder Thief's health when rounding up, so IS and a Dodge does not deal 50% of a Thieves health in damage, only 26% over 8 seconds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now add in 2 other Skills and 3 other traits i can do over 50% damage in 8 seconds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit had to correct values.

> > > > >

> > > > > I already showed you 2 and dodge does 50% of your life then proceeded to whip you in a duel.

> > > > >

> > > > > After that I beat you in a d/p meta mirror duel.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't even thief until I started this s/d condi mess lol

> > > >

> > > > That was with Spider Poison on not just IS and Dodge. Quite different scenario.!

> > > >

> > > > And on the not playing Thief that was proven wrong.

> > >

> > > The fact remains you got beat on your main by a non main thief. I'm sorry but we are just going to have to take that into consideration when you state your opinion.

> > >

> > >

> > > s/d needs to go based on all facts

> >

> > Sorry but it was proven that someone plays Thief all the time when claiming they don't, I got beat once out of 4 times facing the OP Condi build, and once on D/P.

> >

> > But some people leave facts like that out. Quite funny really.

> >

> > The reality is with proper Condi cleanse management only 2 Condi clears are needed to handle S/D also knowing how to counter i.e. Going to the IR location and pressuring.

> >

> > Then there is the fact I laid out the math of Carrion S/D IS and Dodge vs Marauder Thief only doing 4606 damage which is only 26% of Marauder Thief health but those pesky facts Evade people like a D/D Thief apparently.

> >

> > Have yet to have facts post to show otherwise.

>

> I will take this as compliment that I play thief all the time. Thank you.

>

> It is well known I do not and have stated on numerous occasions that I'm not GOOD enough to play thief.

>

> I provided all the facts. We met up and dueled. You died after claiming you destroyed a top 70 player 20x in a row to show him it's not OP. I'm not in the top 70 nor do I play thief, but I beat you 100% of the time AND I beat you at D/P meta mirror duel. Everything you say has been off your word, but all the actual evidence contradicts your word.

>

> Here is the thread on the old thief forums.

>

> https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/S-d-Condi-needs-to-go-2/page/3

>

> I linked page 3 b/c that's where I pretty much shut the argument for s/d condi down.

Sorry to break it to you, but winning 1 out of 4 duels with you on Condi Thief isn't close to 100%. And in those Duels I proved that you couldn't get my health below 50% with proper Condi management and positioning. But people like to leave things out.

Again you adamantly claimed you never play Thief yet I provided proof that shows that is false since I only ever see you logged in on anThief in WvW, what else is false in your claims I wonder?

You have yet to provide proof of anything.

To be fair, the evidence that you provided that he plays thief all the time doesn't really prove that. It only proves that he has been playing it recently, something that he has already admitted to and is part of his argument.

So far Asuka's been fair and honest in his assessments. You may disagree with his opinions of the build, but I don't see any evidence of deceit.

> @DaShi.1368 said:

> To be fair, the evidence that you provided that he plays thief all the time doesn't really prove that. It only proves that he has been playing it recently, something that he has already admitted to and is part of his argument.

When a player only admits to something after claiming to never play Thief until after proof is provided showing the falsehood, and then leaving out key facts in regards to the duels of only winning 1 time as the said Condi Spec and losing 4 other times not dropping my health below 50%, and the claims made of Sword 2 and 1 Dodge causing 50% damage but in reality they used Spider Venom on top of that which goes against the claimed Sword 2 and 1 Dodge. Go look through the original thread that was linked, it shows everything.

I wonder what other falsehoods can be uncovered easily with screenshots.

But in regards to this build the Sword 2 and Dodge Traited with Lotus Training and Caltrops doesn't deal 50% If a Marauder thief's Health in 8 seconds, it only does approx 26% over 8 seconds.

Now adding in Traited Steal and Spider Venom it can provide heavy burst, but that heavy burst is easily negated with proper Condi management and positioning on top of using defensive actions. Since the Condis still have to tick at Least 3-4 times to do any Noticeable damage.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > To be fair, the evidence that you provided that he plays thief all the time doesn't really prove that. It only proves that he has been playing it recently, something that he has already admitted to and is part of his argument.

>

> When a player only admits to something after claiming to never play Thief until after proof is provided showing the falsehood, and then leaving out key facts in regards to the duels of only winning 1 time as the said Condi Spec and losing 4 other times not dropping my health below 50%, and the claims made of Sword 2 and 1 Dodge causing 50% damage but in reality they used Spider Venom on top of that which goes against the claimed Sword 2 and 1 Dodge. Go look through the original thread that was linked, it shows everything.

>

> I wonder what other falsehoods can be uncovered easily with screenshots.

>

But you didn't demonstrate any falsehood. He clearly stated that he's started playing in WvW now. Not sure why you're so hung up on this. It doesn't change his argument and borders on a personal vendetta.

To be frank, given your responses, I give more credit to his version of the duels than yours. Unless you have evidence otherwise.

> @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > To be fair, the evidence that you provided that he plays thief all the time doesn't really prove that. It only proves that he has been playing it recently, something that he has already admitted to and is part of his argument.

> >

> > When a player only admits to something after claiming to never play Thief until after proof is provided showing the falsehood, and then leaving out key facts in regards to the duels of only winning 1 time as the said Condi Spec and losing 4 other times not dropping my health below 50%, and the claims made of Sword 2 and 1 Dodge causing 50% damage but in reality they used Spider Venom on top of that which goes against the claimed Sword 2 and 1 Dodge. Go look through the original thread that was linked, it shows everything.

> >

> > I wonder what other falsehoods can be uncovered easily with screenshots.

> >

>

> But you didn't demonstrate any falsehood. He clearly stated that he's started playing in WvW now. Not sure why you're so hung up on this. It doesn't change his argument and borders on a personal vendetta.

>

> To be frank, given your responses, I give more credit to his version of the duels than yours. Unless you have evidence otherwise.

>

Who when someone claims they never Play multiple times and it is proven otherwise and then they change their story only after being called out about it doesn't since they made the claims of never playing, proof shows otherwise. And I don't care if you don't believe me I know the facts and don't try to hide anything or claim otherwise unlike some people making false claims.

Let's see any proof to back that players claims up, but there won't be any look at the original thread, their proof was a screen of placement. Lol

I even proved the damage with simple math, that one of the main claims is false as well.

Sword 2 and Doge will only do 26% of Marauder Thief Health.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > > To be fair, the evidence that you provided that he plays thief all the time doesn't really prove that. It only proves that he has been playing it recently, something that he has already admitted to and is part of his argument.

> > >

> > > When a player only admits to something after claiming to never play Thief until after proof is provided showing the falsehood, and then leaving out key facts in regards to the duels of only winning 1 time as the said Condi Spec and losing 4 other times not dropping my health below 50%, and the claims made of Sword 2 and 1 Dodge causing 50% damage but in reality they used Spider Venom on top of that which goes against the claimed Sword 2 and 1 Dodge. Go look through the original thread that was linked, it shows everything.

> > >

> > > I wonder what other falsehoods can be uncovered easily with screenshots.

> > >

> >

> > But you didn't demonstrate any falsehood. He clearly stated that he's started playing in WvW now. Not sure why you're so hung up on this. It doesn't change his argument and borders on a personal vendetta.

> >

> > To be frank, given your responses, I give more credit to his version of the duels than yours. Unless you have evidence otherwise.

> >

>

> Who when someone claims they never Play multiple times and it is proven otherwise and then they change their story only after being called out about it doesn't since they made the claims of never playing, proof shows otherwise. And I don't care if you don't believe me I know the facts and don't try to hide anything or claim otherwise unlike some people making false claims.

>

It's not about belief in this case. Your "proof" doesn't prove what you are saying it does.

> @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > > > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > > > To be fair, the evidence that you provided that he plays thief all the time doesn't really prove that. It only proves that he has been playing it recently, something that he has already admitted to and is part of his argument.

> > > >

> > > > When a player only admits to something after claiming to never play Thief until after proof is provided showing the falsehood, and then leaving out key facts in regards to the duels of only winning 1 time as the said Condi Spec and losing 4 other times not dropping my health below 50%, and the claims made of Sword 2 and 1 Dodge causing 50% damage but in reality they used Spider Venom on top of that which goes against the claimed Sword 2 and 1 Dodge. Go look through the original thread that was linked, it shows everything.

> > > >

> > > > I wonder what other falsehoods can be uncovered easily with screenshots.

> > > >

> > >

> > > But you didn't demonstrate any falsehood. He clearly stated that he's started playing in WvW now. Not sure why you're so hung up on this. It doesn't change his argument and borders on a personal vendetta.

> > >

> > > To be frank, given your responses, I give more credit to his version of the duels than yours. Unless you have evidence otherwise.

> > >

> >

> > Who when someone claims they never Play multiple times and it is proven otherwise and then they change their story only after being called out about it doesn't since they made the claims of never playing, proof shows otherwise. And I don't care if you don't believe me I know the facts and don't try to hide anything or claim otherwise unlike some people making false claims.

> >

>

> It's not about belief in this case. Your "proof" doesn't prove what you are saying it does.

>

It shines a light on claims of someone saying they never play a class that do in fact play a lot, whenever I log in they had been on Thief for hours ata time in WvW when they still claim to not play the class, which was shown in this similar thread in the Pvp sub forum. Go check it out.

Like I said, I don't try to obscure facts/fabricate information and change tunes when proof is shown otherwise. And I have proof to back my claims up unlike some people.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> It's a lot more proof to back claims unlike some players.

>

Again, it doesn't prove anything. Azuka's did demonstrate that he made platinum in 14 games on a thief. You, on the other hand, are making a huge extrapolation based on a single screenshot that only shows he played thief once in WvW. He has shown more proof than you, in this instance.

> @DaShi.1368 said:

> > It's a lot more proof to back claims unlike some players.

> >

>

> Again, it doesn't prove anything. Azuka's did demonstrate that he made platinum in 14 games on a thief. You, on the other hand, are making a huge extrapolation based on a single screenshot that only shows he played thief once in WvW. He has shown more proof than you, in this instance.

>

>

His claims were that it was OP to get to Plat on the build when claiming it play the class ever I showed otherwise to the claim of never playing the class, thy also claim Sword 2 which is 2 Poison stacks and Lotus Training W/Caltrops 2-3 bleeds and 1 Torment does 50% of 17,245 over 8 seconds, health in damage which Math proves false.

Placing in Plat doesn't mean anything I placed Plat with a D/D Power Thief does that mean D/D Power Thief is OP? No that just means someone placed in that rating that can be done while being a competent Pvp player knowing what it takes to win a match. Those screens do not prove the claim of the build being Op. my screens prove that a player plays a class when they claim otherwise. Since they still make the claim of not playing The class.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > It's a lot more proof to back claims unlike some players.

> > >

> >

> > Again, it doesn't prove anything. Azuka's did demonstrate that he made platinum in 14 games on a thief. You, on the other hand, are making a huge extrapolation based on a single screenshot that only shows he played thief once in WvW. He has shown more proof than you, in this instance.

> >

> >

>

> His claims were that it was OP to get to Plat on the build when claiming it play the class ever I showed otherwise to the claim of never playing the class,

Um, where is your evidence that he never played thief before testing s/d?

> @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > @DaShi.1368 said:

> > > > It's a lot more proof to back claims unlike some players.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Again, it doesn't prove anything. Azuka's did demonstrate that he made platinum in 14 games on a thief. You, on the other hand, are making a huge extrapolation based on a single screenshot that only shows he played thief once in WvW. He has shown more proof than you, in this instance.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > His claims were that it was OP to get to Plat on the build when claiming it play the class ever I showed otherwise to the claim of never playing the class,

>

> Um, where is your evidence that he never played thief before testing s/d?

>

The proof is the player claims not to play Thief, even now, that player was shown to play Thief in WvW. And that was taken well before I dueled them, since I added them after they sent me cute love notes in the ingame mail.

??? How can he test the s/d build then? Of course, he was playing it to demonstrate it's effectiveness. His own pics did a better job of showing that than yours. How much he's played thief after that thread is irrelevant to any argument here. You are making great leaps in logic just to attack this guy.

> @DaShi.1368 said:

> ??? How can he test the s/d build then? Of course, he was playing it to demonstrate it's effectiveness. His own pics did a better job of showing that than yours. How much he's played thief after that thread is irrelevant to any argument here. You are making great leaps in logic just to attack this guy.

Not so much, I post actual proof while they didn't. Since anyone can place high if they have any competency at Pvp. And they claim in Pvp for all their claims guess what WvW isn't Pvp testing in WvW doesn't mean anything in Pvp since so much is completely different interesting isn't it. And they still claim to not play it but that was proven wrong, how about you post proof that they didn't play before? Oh wait....

Stretching very hard aren't you.

I proved with math provided from the ingame values that other claims are also false i.e. Sword 2 and a Dodge doing over 8600 damage in 8 secs with a Carrion necklace against a Marauder Thief. But I know facts are pesky little things.

Here post a video showing how OP the build is, use their claim of just Sword 2 and a Dodge doing over 50% of a Marauder Thief's HP. Or actual gameplay footage of it, if it's as OP as being claimed you can perform above your current level with it as per claims.

I even asked the one person to post proof of that S2 and single Dodge claim and yet nothing because they used Spider Venom to achieve the result.

Archived