First Maul doesn't hit when quickly using Maul/Hilt Bash/Maul combo.

Hax.8701

I have been roaming on my ranger for an extremely long time. Recently just got back into small man stuff in WvW, and when attempting a really quick 2/5/2 on GS, it feels like the hilt bash goes off before maul does any damage. I will look in my damage logs after a fight and see only hilt bash and maul right after. No sign of hitting the first attack. Has anyone else seen this before?

> @"Hax.8701" said:

> Hilt bash shouldn't have priority over finishing Maul. It's not a stun break, and you should be able to queue up skills normally without the fear of one cancelling another.

On the other hand, you want to have an interrupt/stun in priority. I can see both side tbh. You just have to get used to it unfortunately.

> @"Krispera.5087" said:

> > @"Hax.8701" said:

> > Hilt bash shouldn't have priority over finishing Maul. It's not a stun break, and you should be able to queue up skills normally without the fear of one cancelling another.

>

> On the other hand, you want to have an interrupt/stun in priority. I can see both side tbh. You just have to get used to it unfortunately.

Yep.

> @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > @"Krispera.5087" said:

> > > @"Hax.8701" said:

> > > Hilt bash shouldn't have priority over finishing Maul. It's not a stun break, and you should be able to queue up skills normally without the fear of one cancelling another.

> >

> > On the other hand, you want to have an interrupt/stun in priority. I can see both side tbh. You just have to get used to it unfortunately.

>

> Yep.

Still it is a bad design, the skills should queue up. In other classes the skill queue works fine.

Another one together with LB#3 going directly into CD without triggering when the target is not directly in front of you.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > @"Krispera.5087" said:

> > > > @"Hax.8701" said:

> > > > Hilt bash shouldn't have priority over finishing Maul. It's not a stun break, and you should be able to queue up skills normally without the fear of one cancelling another.

> > >

> > > On the other hand, you want to have an interrupt/stun in priority. I can see both side tbh. You just have to get used to it unfortunately.

> >

> > Yep.

>

> Still it is a bad design, the skills should queue up. In other classes the skill queue works fine.

>

> Another one together with LB#3 going directly into CD without triggering when the target is not directly in front of you.

You don't want interrupts to Q after other skills, they need to cancel the other skill, so they can be effective. For the same reason heal skills cancel other skills. For the same reason PBS cancels RF.

This interaction is a double edged sword.

On the one hand, it messes with skill queueing.

On the other hand, it's really, really, really freaking nice to be able to cancel a skill to interrupt a target with a stun or to use an evade.

There's plenty of other classes skills that have 1s+ cast times that cannot be interrupted by other skills which hurts their flexibility, which imo should be changed to be similar to this interaction. More player agency > the convenience of being able to queue up your combos.