Change the Dragon Hunter Name to something else

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"VocalThought.9835" said:

> > I don't like the name because it's sounds off putting from the profession's theme, it sounds like no real thought was put behind it, and I believe there are so many more suitable names.

>

> Idk it was still fitting to its theme for the maps it was made for.

> You can't call it a Seraph as the humans already have an army literally called the Seraph. You cant make it a legionnaire since then it would be a charr only spec.

>

> If it was seriously going to be renamed then at least use something like ' Trappista '

>

> Why Trappista? cause it has the words trap in it and its cheese.

>

>

> Names set, its here to stay.

I don't think that the spec needs another name, but the argument that the elite spec name could be race flavored doesn't really work.

Scrapper is an elite spec in the game and it is also a race related term. It is the name of the legion-less (aka gladium) charr working on the scrapyards.

But the name dragon hunter is fine. The names OP suggested don't really fit the thematics of traps and bows. I don't see an elite spec like seraph or paragon using these, in fact, if we ever get a paragon elite spec then they **have** to use shouts, since that was their entire thing in GW1.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I don't think Legionnaire, Seraph or Paragon would work because those have all been used for other things. Legionnaire is a rank in the charr hierachy and the Seraph are part of the human military. Paragon is a GW1 profession and I think if they'd called it that and didn't give them spears and shouts to make it like the original it really would have been a controversial name.

See what I wrote above, scrapper is also a term used for something else in the lore. Legion-less charr (gladium) working on the scrapyards are called scrappers, yet we still got an elite spec with the same name.

So having the name tied to something in the lore doesn't necessarily prevent that term to get used as an elite spec. Would still keep the name dragon hunter, but want to point out that this argument doesn't work.

> @"VocalThought.9835" said:

> Dragon Hunters has been the most controversial elite specialization in this game. Not because of play style or abilities, but simply because of it's name. A-Net has made changes to several things due to public support, but despite all the past back lash, this name has stayed. People may have thought that it's just needs to grow on us, other may have thought the name is not significant. To this day, it's still not fitting. Nothing about that elite screams Hunting Dragons. I can understand that they may want to avoid any religious theme names since Guardians appear to be the closest thing to a spiritual or holy warrior. I think at this day and time, no one other than A-Net, would fight to keep that name. Before you guys say it. I did a search and looked for past post about this and could not find it.

So ... We have a winner!!! Dragon Hunter!!!

oh, wait... Well, i rest this case. *slams the judge Hammer*

From this day forward... *looks at all the fellow gamers* ... Dragon Hunter shall remain as Named.

*crowd cheer* ... *a few yell* "in your face OP!!!"