Dragonhunter Longbow damage is too low, can we expect a rework?

aaron.7850

Arenanet doesn't like Ranged power weapons to be good on Heavy armour professions.

Warrior Rifle has always been terrible, Revenant Hammer has been ruined in February.

I don't know if Dragon Hunter Longbow ever was good. I only use it to pull enemies.

I don't think it'll receive a rework within the next 20 years.

1. Don't think comparisons to other class capabilities is compelling; notice classes are different ... for good reason

2. Why do you think everything needs to be 'viable' in whatever game mode you choose?

I think we can not expect a rework based on the fact that there are LOTS of weapons that aren't 'viable' and balancing to some equivalent performance level isn't what we have seen Anet do.

The damage of Longbow is good when there are lots of enemies around, because you can get your F1 skill up, and use your 2 to hit a massive damage, every 4 seconds. That's about 65% of your GS 2 skill (at least for me). I get about 25-28k per skill 2 on LB, with Spear of Justice active on the target. That doesn't really work for single target bosses, but then it does give you 2 CCs in your rotation. So, I use it as a stop gap for my GS rotation, where you simply go away, kite for sometime (if required), and come back with GS.

That being said, I can totally agree on boosting damage from 1 and 2 skills on LB, and reducing recharge time for 3 in PvE.

I would to see like to DH - longbow buffed.

It is currently the only Elite weapon that can't be used effectively in raids in same way at all.

It's too slow and its cooldowns are a bit long. LB5 has the longest weapon CD in the game.

Maybe they could give DH's LB a trait to replace heavy light or repurpose it for longbow.

Give it condi?

Both Dragonhunter and Warrior Longbow skills need alot of love, they're far to generic. Its strange because the weapon is most used by Ranger who also has the most interesting skills, traits and overall power to go with it, so its not like you don't have a good design to pull from when figuring out what to do with the weapon, but I don't know.

Maybe because Ranger damage scaling is lower, the devs felt they could make LB more powerful there?

There will never be a rework of the longbow, or of any ranged weapon for that matter, unless it is to be nerfed. Someone at Anet HATEs the bow - one of the most popular and effective weapons in human history - but absolutely loves the greatsword, which is one of the most unpopular and ineffective weapons in human history. Anet: turning established history and lore on its head since...the beginning!

• 2 weeks later...