How to balance condi the EZ way

TheBravery.9615

I think condi application should be limited by trait.

Remove most condi from weapon skill, increase condi wepon skill power coefficient weapon skill (still remain relatively low damage), then let the trait to setup either into condition burst damage type (single damaging stacking) / condition support type (multi condition low damage condi). Cannot have both in one build / boon corruption type.

A condition burst damage build provide high condi burst but easily got removed, a condition support type provide a lot of covering condition, deal low condi damage but hard to remove all and a boon corruption type cannot create many condi but the more boon enemy use, the more corruption.

After that, we can greatly reduce resistance across all classes.

Allow condi to deliver critical hits. Readjust damage scaling so overall damage is not increased, and possibly lowered. Condi now requires Condition/Prec/Expertise just like how power requires Power/Prec/Ferocity.

The gist of this is that Condi can currently out burst and out DPS power build with just a 2 stat investment. I have no idea how that is considered balanced. Should be addressed yesterday.

The number of conditions is part of the issue, they could get away with cutting the amount in half and still be laughing. 1 Movement impairing, 1 Healing impairing, 1-2 Damaging. Thats all you really need, doubling and tripling up seems like bad design imo, just convert them into the same thing, chill and slow ... why, they're the same thing more or less.

> @mulzi.8273 said:

> ..... I like what SW did with their game though. When using a cleanse, it put a buff on you that prevent the same condi from reapplying for 5-10 seconds.

..... this would actually solve a lot of problems with WvW specifically. Probably not as high as 10, but 1-2 is enough to nullify most of the bomb density strategies used by Pirate ship meta. Or at the very least applied to damaging conditions.

> @zionophir.6845 said:

> buff resistance. add condi cleanse skills

Yes but boon corrupt is a big thing now a days, and as far as condition cleansing there's not enough of it in game because it can be re-applied soooo fast. They tried adding light field blasting as a condition cleanse but it wasn't enough. I almost think they should make water field blasting heal and cleanse 1-2 conditions, and make light field blasting clear 2-3 conditions. Light auras could probably use a boost too, more than just the -10% condition damage when struck (1s cooldown), maybe just a straight -50% condition damage (or 33% to match the protection boon). I'd also increase their duration to longer than 5s.

I don't think there's an easy way to balance condis because the fundamentals of the condi system honestly need to be rebuilt from the ground up, but there are some things that could be done within the current framework. The first thing I would say is that duration boosts for boons and condis just shouldn't exist, nor should duration reductions from things like melandru runes. There's no way you can possibly balance an effect when it can reasonably be expected to last anywhere from 65% to 200% of its base duration. No matter what value you balance around it all goes out the window the moment a different value occurs in actual combat.

The second is that there needs to be a separation between dots and debuffs. When you have a whole host of varied effects all running off the same system balancing it becomes a mess. There's a huge difference in the value of condis yet condi clears treat them all the same way, leading to a similar issue as in the first point. When all condis are equal in the eyes of the condi clear, spamming all kinds of condis is necessary to try and stick your important ones and spamming condi clears is necessary to trim them down, meaning you have to balance around a certain ratio of condi application to condi clear. If that value isn't represented in a fight your balance becomes useless. Additionally, the spammy nature of condi vs condi clear means you can't reliably remove the condis that are threatening you at any given moment.

The last is that condis 'break the rules' when it comes to stat allocation and damage mitigation. Condi builds can run stats like trailblazer and get maximum damage, maximum debuffing and maximum defense all at the same time where power builds always have to make trade-offs between damage and defense and have to run entirely different defense strategies for power damage and condi damage. Condi builds already have defense against power builds and only have to add condi clears to have it all. If, following the first and second points, dots were separated from debuffs they could be balanced around the same set of damage potentials as power attacks while not necessarily even needing to be removable.

Balance condi Application thats all.

Applying 20 burn + 20 torment + 20 poison + 20 bleed + 4 cover condis at once is the problem.

Slowly pushing one or two condis to a high level should need more time/more ability - use then right now for some classes. - mesmer shatter for example are healthy condi applyers in my opinion-mesmer needs setup and sacrificed something.

Another Thing is burn guard - only 1 damage condi (2 with bleed lul)

Something unhealthy was prebug- Scourge