Help me understand "Condi" and "Hybrid" builds.

Rokeb.3815

I think I understand the philosophy behind "Power builds" - you do lots of immediate damage. You focus on Power to boost that and Precision and Ferocity help by boosting your chance to critical hit and the damage you do if you are successful.

I assume that a 'Condi' build focusing on stacking damage over time? I assume this is good for 'boss' type enemies where over time you end up doing more damage (in theory) than a 'power' build.

hybrid therefore is a bit of both. From a practical point of view - how much does the hybrid 'lose' vs the Power vs Condi builds? Does the flexibility help?

Ie is the hybrid better vs bosses but not quite a good vs 'regular' mobs? How much does the Hybrid type build give up to be a bit of both?

In my case I'm looking at my new Renegade with a short bow. What are the pros/cons of pure power vs hybrid vs condi damage in general??

> @"Rokeb.3815" said:

> I think I understand the philosophy behind "Power builds" - you do lots of immediate damage. You focus on Power to boost that and Precision and Ferocity help by boosting your chance to critical hit and the damage you do if you are successful.

>

> I assume that a 'Condi' build focusing on stacking damage over time? I assume this is good for 'boss' type enemies where over time you end up doing more damage (in theory) than a 'power' build.

>

> hybrid therefore is a bit of both. From a practical point of view - how much does the hybrid 'lose' vs the Power vs Condi builds? Does the flexibility help?

> Ie is the hybrid better vs bosses but not quite a good vs 'regular' mobs? How much does the Hybrid type build give up to be a bit of both?

>

> In my case I'm looking at my new Renegade with a short bow. What are the pros/cons of pure power vs hybrid vs condi damage in general??

>

>

>

>

Hybrid is because certain weapons are neither pure condi nor pure power, like Warrior MH sword and OH sword. You can build for either and be functional, but their damage is optimized with things like Viper's or Grieving rather than Berserker's or Trailblazer's.

In your case, at least in PvE, you can get decent power damage out of the auto attack and other skills. Seven Shot is a 2.17 coefficient for example. In competitive play a T3 Eviscerate is only 2.0.

So Renegade shortbow is definitely a hybrid weapon, and Kalla's Fervor itself is a hybrid damage buff (both critical damage and condi damage).

For things that die quick Power is best, for foes like bosses, champs, or legendaries condi has time to ramp up and over take power damage. Running a Hybrid build lets you perform at a high level in either situation. For things like FotM go full power, for Raids go full condi, for everything else go hybrid.

For the most part, Condi = Hybrid.

Since the optimal gear for increasing Condi damage, is Viper's which offers a bunch of Power and Precision alongside the Condition boosting stats of Condition Damage and Expertise.

This is then further reinforced when (Or if) you manage to cap out your Condition Duration via a mix of Expertise and Runes/Sigils that enhance the duration of conditions your build uses, where Grieving gear is the next most optimal stat selection for damage due to the Power, Precision and Ferocity it adds in addition to the Condition Damage.

There currently doesn't exist an optimal "Condition" stat selection, which would be Condition Damage as a main stat and Expertise and Precision as a secondary (Precision due to Condi on Crit effects)

As far as Power vs Condi (Hybrid) goes:

- Power is better for Open World, Dungeons, Fractals and many Raid bosses. This is because things either die very fast (Open World enemies and trash in Dungeons/Fractals) or because of transition/immunity phases which clear all active conditions.

- Condi (Hybrid) is better for select Raid bosses that do not feature such interactions that clear conditions.

If you're interested in Raiding, you can check out [snow Crows](https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/) to find out which bosses prefer Condition builds and which prefer Power builds (Just click on the boss and look at the composition they show. I.e. Click on Cairn and see that all the builds are Condi damage or click on Mursaat and see that all the builds are Power damage)

Because, in all differents classes, in differents sets, there is no "pur" damage condition.

Vipere/sinister you have power/precision. There is no better set for condition damage. Or you take Dire/trailblazer etc, you won't win condition damage but you'll lose power damage

Some traits triggers on critical hits (bleedings etc) and so you want precision to do condition damage, and so you'll do or you also want to maximize power damage in your configuration.

Even weapons, you have power base, power coef etc.

In most of condi specs you also have power modificators (bonus damage, power, ferocity etc) or just you don't have more than 1 or 2 trailines for conditions.

If you do a power build, you rarely have, nor want, condition application or condition modificator. Except some builds ; some burning on guard, poison on soulbeast etc but it's at best an utility to maximize power damage (bonus damage on burnt foes, lifesteal etc) but you rarely count condition damage as impactful for your dps.

If you do a condition build you don't have the choice, you have an impactful "power part" in your dps, your gear, your traits, skills ...

About "power better for OW, condi better for that" ...It depends of meta/patchs, of classes, of paths, bosses, situation ...

With condition, as I said you can play trailblazer in OW, you won't lose too much DPS but you'll earn a lot of sustain. This isn't true if you play Soldier over berserker for example.

Then, it also depends your gameplay, classes.

With a power soulbeast, sure you have stronger DPS, burst etc, and kill a mob in 2sec but against one to three close targets in a cone. With a trapper soulbeast (or druid, whatever) you have potentialy more DPS against multiple foes : 2 traps, entangle, torch and you can watch 5 elites burn to death. What is the best ?