Grumble: griffon achievements for players outside of North America

Could you please make the griffon master courses a bit more forgiving for those of us who are playing with 250 ping or more? In particular, could you put a little more vertical/horizontal distance between obstacles (such as water) and check points?

We have to be that much better than the NA players who don't have our ping, just to get bronze.

Here is a paper discussing visual reaction times, note how the median reaction time is roughly equal to our ping: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4456887/

The reaction time added to the ping is the time delay between the game sending visual information to us, and our reaction being received by the game. That means around half a second, give or take.

Any game activity assuming a 500ms reaction time means that non-USA players are having to guess when to react ahead of time. And with ping fluctuating that can mean the difference between overshooting, undershooting, or being successful.

Well the issue with that is you're then removing any challenge that those adventures have.

Edit: I’m not going to bump this thread with another post.

Citation is not needed because you can use basic logic. The challenge of the Griffon adventures is due to the right maneuvering. Making them more forgiving makes the adventures easier.

**Edit 9/25/20**

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> Making them more forgiving isn't removing the challenge, which can be implemented in other ways. Some of the adventures mean that OCX/SEA players have to react _much_ faster and _much_ more accurately than NA players due to ping. With ping fluctuating, predictive movement becomes a problem - which is what I use to try to overcome the effects of ping.

>

As I said in my post, the challenge for the griffon adventures comes with mastering the movements. Making them more forgiving reduces the challenge if not eliminating it altogether. Many of them require precise movements in order to achieve gold and there's a fairly fine line for maintaining that.

With as many SEA/OCX players in this game, wouldn't you think the complaints would be more prevalent? How do you know other players in that region are having issues? Maybe it's just your connection.

> And now I have repeated what I said in my first post, which you have not addressed.

I addressed your first post. Twice in fact.

• 1 month later...

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Well the issue with that is you're then removing any challenge that those adventures have.

>

> Edit: I’m not going to bump this thread with another post.

>

> Citation is not needed because you can use basic logic. The challenge of the Griffon adventures is due to the right maneuvering. Making them more forgiving makes the adventures easier.

That means I didn't see you reply to me.

Making them more forgiving isn't removing the challenge, which can be implemented in other ways. Some of the adventures mean that OCX/SEA players have to react _much_ faster and _much_ more accurately than NA players due to ping. With ping fluctuating, predictive movement becomes a problem - which is what I use to try to overcome the effects of ping.

And now I have repeated what I said in my first post, which you have not addressed.