HUD and First Person View on Mounts

I love the immersion that has been bolstered by the new dynamic HUD options. Before they came to be I would manually turn off the entire display in order to see only the environment. I think they need to make an option to turn off party/squad members names too, the immersion is entirely broken as soon as you enter a party or squad, kind of silly really. First person perspective from mounts would be absolutely incredible as well. Both are very easy to implement and hopefully will be soon.

> @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> To simplify: make first person perspective available without the obstruction of anything, while mounted.

To do this would require the game to essentially turn your mount model invisible to just you only when you are in first person mode.

Theoretically possible, but coding that might be difficult. I could see a dev doing it on the side as a passion project, but I would rather the devs work on other things during their paid time.

> @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> I disagree with your assertion of difficulty entirely.

You disagree that it might be difficult?

Does that mean you think it will be or won't be? Because I only said might be. How does one disagree with a might be statement?

I do not know exactly how anet coded in mounts.

I do know there was a few notable bugs early on with their implementation. Like being kicked for inactivity while running around on a mount.

I also know that there are bugs with first person and weapons already.

So it might be difficult to hide your mount when in first person, but I can't make a definitive statement as to whether or not it will be.

But if they do it, I anticipate plenty of bugs that would make them not stay hidden.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> > I disagree with your assertion of difficulty entirely.

>

> You disagree that it might be difficult?

> Does that mean you think it will be or won't be? Because I only said might be. How does one disagree with a might be statement?

>

> I do not know exactly how anet coded in mounts.

>

> I do know there was a few notable bugs early on with their implementation. Like being kicked for inactivity while running around on a mount.

>

> I also know that there are bugs with first person and weapons already.

>

> So it might be difficult to hide your mount when in first person, but I can't make a definitive statement as to whether or not it will be.

> But if they do it, I anticipate plenty of bugs that would make them not stay hidden.

I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that mounts are coded in a similar way that transformations are.. likewise the same for novelty and open world chairs as they also work in a very similar way to mounts.

This is one of the reasons we can't use transformation tonics while mounted or sitting on chairs likewise the same in reverse.. even combat tonics that use the same frame/skeleton structures as playable races can't be used on mounts nor can you use mounts while those transformations are active.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> > > I disagree with your assertion of difficulty entirely.

> >

> > You disagree that it might be difficult?

> > Does that mean you think it will be or won't be? Because I only said might be. How does one disagree with a might be statement?

> >

> > I do not know exactly how anet coded in mounts.

> >

> > I do know there was a few notable bugs early on with their implementation. Like being kicked for inactivity while running around on a mount.

> >

> > I also know that there are bugs with first person and weapons already.

> >

> > So it might be difficult to hide your mount when in first person, but I can't make a definitive statement as to whether or not it will be.

> > But if they do it, I anticipate plenty of bugs that would make them not stay hidden.

>

> I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that mounts are coded in a similar way that transformations are.. likewise the same for novelty and open world chairs as they also work in a very similar way to mounts.

> This is one of the reasons we can't use transformation tonics while mounted or sitting on chairs likewise the same in reverse.. even combat tonics that use the same frame/skeleton structures as playable races can't be used on mounts nor can you use mounts while those transformations are active.

If they are a transformation then why did they kick people for inactivity even when moving around on them?

I had sort of assumed they coded them the way they coded moving platforms and then just locked the character in place on them while 'transforming' them to be in the pose for riding.

So a mix of coding, a transformation code that is used to lock the character in place/puts them in the riding pose, and then the coding that moves the character like with moving platforms.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> > > > I disagree with your assertion of difficulty entirely.

> > >

> > > You disagree that it might be difficult?

> > > Does that mean you think it will be or won't be? Because I only said might be. How does one disagree with a might be statement?

> > >

> > > I do not know exactly how anet coded in mounts.

> > >

> > > I do know there was a few notable bugs early on with their implementation. Like being kicked for inactivity while running around on a mount.

> > >

> > > I also know that there are bugs with first person and weapons already.

> > >

> > > So it might be difficult to hide your mount when in first person, but I can't make a definitive statement as to whether or not it will be.

> > > But if they do it, I anticipate plenty of bugs that would make them not stay hidden.

> >

> > I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that mounts are coded in a similar way that transformations are.. likewise the same for novelty and open world chairs as they also work in a very similar way to mounts.

> > This is one of the reasons we can't use transformation tonics while mounted or sitting on chairs likewise the same in reverse.. even combat tonics that use the same frame/skeleton structures as playable races can't be used on mounts nor can you use mounts while those transformations are active.

>

> If they are a transformation then why did they kick people for inactivity even when moving around on them?

> I had sort of assumed they coded them the way they coded moving platforms and then just locked the character in place on them while 'transforming' them to be in the pose for riding.

> So a mix of coding, a transformation code that is used to lock the character in place/puts them in the riding pose, and then the coding that moves the character like with moving platforms.

No idea.. might have been a bug, could also have been the moving platform thing too or a mixmatch I honestly don't know for sure.

Wonder if there is a video or something going into any detail on their development.. maybe a clip from a stream or something.

Would be interesting to watch ^^

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> > > > > I disagree with your assertion of difficulty entirely.

> > > >

> > > > You disagree that it might be difficult?

> > > > Does that mean you think it will be or won't be? Because I only said might be. How does one disagree with a might be statement?

> > > >

> > > > I do not know exactly how anet coded in mounts.

> > > >

> > > > I do know there was a few notable bugs early on with their implementation. Like being kicked for inactivity while running around on a mount.

> > > >

> > > > I also know that there are bugs with first person and weapons already.

> > > >

> > > > So it might be difficult to hide your mount when in first person, but I can't make a definitive statement as to whether or not it will be.

> > > > But if they do it, I anticipate plenty of bugs that would make them not stay hidden.

> > >

> > > I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that mounts are coded in a similar way that transformations are.. likewise the same for novelty and open world chairs as they also work in a very similar way to mounts.

> > > This is one of the reasons we can't use transformation tonics while mounted or sitting on chairs likewise the same in reverse.. even combat tonics that use the same frame/skeleton structures as playable races can't be used on mounts nor can you use mounts while those transformations are active.

> >

> > If they are a transformation then why did they kick people for inactivity even when moving around on them?

> > I had sort of assumed they coded them the way they coded moving platforms and then just locked the character in place on them while 'transforming' them to be in the pose for riding.

> > So a mix of coding, a transformation code that is used to lock the character in place/puts them in the riding pose, and then the coding that moves the character like with moving platforms.

>

> No idea.. might have been a bug, could also have been the moving platform thing too or a mixmatch I honestly don't know for sure.

> Wonder if there is a video or something going into any detail on their development.. maybe a clip from a stream or something.

> Would be interesting to watch ^^

There might be something in the guild chats, but I tend to not watch them so someone who does would have to let us know if there is.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > > @"Tsunami.4516" said:

> > > > > > I disagree with your assertion of difficulty entirely.

> > > > >

> > > > > You disagree that it might be difficult?

> > > > > Does that mean you think it will be or won't be? Because I only said might be. How does one disagree with a might be statement?

> > > > >

> > > > > I do not know exactly how anet coded in mounts.

> > > > >

> > > > > I do know there was a few notable bugs early on with their implementation. Like being kicked for inactivity while running around on a mount.

> > > > >

> > > > > I also know that there are bugs with first person and weapons already.

> > > > >

> > > > > So it might be difficult to hide your mount when in first person, but I can't make a definitive statement as to whether or not it will be.

> > > > > But if they do it, I anticipate plenty of bugs that would make them not stay hidden.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that mounts are coded in a similar way that transformations are.. likewise the same for novelty and open world chairs as they also work in a very similar way to mounts.

> > > > This is one of the reasons we can't use transformation tonics while mounted or sitting on chairs likewise the same in reverse.. even combat tonics that use the same frame/skeleton structures as playable races can't be used on mounts nor can you use mounts while those transformations are active.

> > >

> > > If they are a transformation then why did they kick people for inactivity even when moving around on them?

> > > I had sort of assumed they coded them the way they coded moving platforms and then just locked the character in place on them while 'transforming' them to be in the pose for riding.

> > > So a mix of coding, a transformation code that is used to lock the character in place/puts them in the riding pose, and then the coding that moves the character like with moving platforms.

> >

> > No idea.. might have been a bug, could also have been the moving platform thing too or a mixmatch I honestly don't know for sure.

> > Wonder if there is a video or something going into any detail on their development.. maybe a clip from a stream or something.

> > Would be interesting to watch ^^

>

> There might be something in the guild chats, but I tend to not watch them so someone who does would have to let us know if there is.

Aye, I have watched a bunch of them myself but I can't remember much from any of them unfortuantely.

I don't understand why this isn't possible, having first person view enabled while mounted. Heck first person view works even while seated on a novelty chair. For all I know it could be as dumb as someone at Anet not being able to decide where the first person view would center on and decided having that option disabled would be better overall. Sure would appreciated first person while doing those skyscale reality rifts though.