Elementalist summon pets in water

Tom Hsiao.9705

First of all I want to thank ANet for upgrading glyph of elements and the lesser one as well for giving elementalist pets that will last long enough. I have been asking about it forever and I know it’s not permanent summon like necromancer but it is still better than nothing....

(Sorry I know this happened in February but I quit GW2 a while back because I was very upset about my elementalist for a while and just found out about this fabulous thing today)

However can you pleaseeee make the pets survive in the water like you did it for necromancer!??? Also why do the pets get unsummoned after mounting and dismount? Is this intended design or it’s bug someone please clarify that.. thanks!!

I like the pet mechanics myself but underwater elementals might be a little too far.

Just thinking of a fire ele underwater or a stone elemental swimming lol kinda doesnt work unless they give them whole new models and turn them into like elemental fish or something.

In general though I do think more skills deserve underwater variants even if they have completely different functions.. im not a fan of the limited build diversity in that content, it's one of the last big changes that needs to happen to make underwater content as good or close to as good as land combat is in this game.

> @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> It's one of the many oversights / bugs that ele is infamous for. BTW. it took anet 7 years to teach necro's shrimp to swim...I wouldn't have my hopes too high on ele sadly.

I hope they can just copy and past those codes and make my elementalist pet swim!!

As for summon got unsummoned after mount/ dismount if they can’t fix it then they should reduce the CD of summon glyph to 20 sec instead....

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I like the pet mechanics myself but underwater elementals might be a little too far.

>

> Just thinking of a fire ele underwater or a stone elemental swimming lol kinda doesnt work unless they give them whole new models and turn them into like elemental fish or something.

>

> In general though I do think more skills deserve underwater variants even if they have completely different functions.. im not a fan of the limited build diversity in that content, it's one of the last big changes that needs to happen to make underwater content as good or close to as good as land combat is in this game.

I don’t think Letting those elementals swimming is too far... if they can let elementalist cast fire magic in the water then I don’t see why those elemental pets can’t swim lol.

> @"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:

> > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > It's one of the many oversights / bugs that ele is infamous for. BTW. it took anet 7 years to teach necro's shrimp to swim...I wouldn't have my hopes too high on ele sadly.

>

> I hope they can just copy and past those codes and make my elementalist pet swim!!

> As for summon got unsummoned after mount/ dismount if they can’t fix it then they should reduce the CD of summon glyph to 20 sec instead....

>

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > I like the pet mechanics myself but underwater elementals might be a little too far.

> >

> > Just thinking of a fire ele underwater or a stone elemental swimming lol kinda doesnt work unless they give them whole new models and turn them into like elemental fish or something.

> >

> > In general though I do think more skills deserve underwater variants even if they have completely different functions.. im not a fan of the limited build diversity in that content, it's one of the last big changes that needs to happen to make underwater content as good or close to as good as land combat is in this game.

>

> I don’t think Letting those elementals swimming is too far... if they can let elementalist cast fire magic in the water then I don’t see why those elemental pets can’t swim lol.

>

It's quite a bit different the fire skills underwater are typically about boiling the water rather than shooting fireballs.

The magma orb auto attack is pretty cool though, throwing magma rocks that cool down and explode.

Having a fire elemental underwater would probably suffer the same as the magma rock and get extinguished.. since they beings made of fire that would pretty much mean they die.

Unless they could superheat the water around them and evaporate it which could work and be pretty cool for a fire ele to do.

The main one is earth elemental being a giant boulder.. there's no way they'll be able to make that one swim around it would look really silly lol.

That said it is an Earth elemental not a Rock elemental so they could pull a Necro Flesh Golem with it and have the Earth Elemental transform from a rock construct into a mass of dirt and mud when it enters the water.. perhaps a vortex of sorts that can maintain some small jagged rocks floating around in itself to use as weapons.

That's the best I can come up with to make an underwater earth ele work.

Water Ele would be right at home in it's own element so this one is a no brainer, change the ice ele for a water based construct instead.

Back in gw1 we had these cool water Djinn designs and there is concept art for this same design in gw2 as well.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Delta_Djinn_concept_art.jpg

With some modifications like loosing a couple of arms and replacing the Djinn head and clothing this could easily be used for a pretty sweet underwater Water Elemental creature.

The Air elemental would be pretty easy, just keep it as a spark ball though remove the legs and have it propel itself about with air :)

Underwater Elementals could work if Anet were willing to make some design changes like that for the underwater variants although I fear that might be too much effort to justify doing so.. which is a shame.

I'm a big fan and advocate for more underwater content in Gw2 so im very pro more weapons and skills being usable there to flesh out build diversity which I honestly believe is the last big problem left that is crippling the potential of this content.