Boss Blitz Mechanics and Map Zerging

If you've ever been smart/fortunate enough to get into a map IP that is solely dedicated to getting a Gold run in the Boss Blitz, then you've probably not been in amongst the chaos that ensues in an unorganised map.

Just about everyone that does the Boss Blitz in the Crown Pavilion approaches these six bosses in the same way as they'd approach any other core boss - gang up on it, use numbers to overpower it and 'zerg' your way to a win. It's only in these latter years that the boss mechanics in expansion maps and the like have been designed to prevent a mindless type of full-on attack, and actually use tactics to overpower the boss instead of the BFI method (brute force & ignorance).

What I propose for future Festival of the Four Winds events and the corresponding Crown Pavilion Boss Blitzes, is:

* an overhaul of the way the map mechanics work, according to who is in the map (numbers), which bosses have been either attacked (if they've done enough to earn credit) or defeated by a player

* tracking of how many players there are in a map (similar to volunteer map changing when numbers in one map are low), temporarily dismissing the scalability of bosses that remain in a given map

* possibly even adding a timeout (say 5 minutes) after a boss has been defeated, and a player has earned credit for that boss kill, which would go a long way to prevent the mindless drifting from one boss to another, thus bumping up the boss' scale

* scaling of bosses in this way could be minimised and the fights could be done in faster times, earning higher rewards.

Understanding that this festival/event was created when expansions were but a dream, I believe the devs might need to do a bit of cleanup here for future events, and this is most likely one of the best ways to get things started. It stops people raging in map when they can't get it through their thick heads that they'll never get any higher than Bronze tier rewards if they keep approaching bosses the way that they do now, and it could also pave the way for getting these people to learn a bit more about the inherent map mechanics that have been incorporated into other LW and expansion maps. Who knows, it might even make some blind folks see some common sense in the way things work.

> @"Valandil Dragonhart.2371" said:

> It stops people raging in map when they can't get it through their thick heads that they'll never get any higher than Bronze tier rewards if they keep approaching bosses the way that they do now, and it could also pave the way for getting these people to learn a bit more about the inherent map mechanics that have been incorporated into other LW and expansion maps. Who knows, it might even make some blind folks see some common sense in the way things work.

it's really nice if you get into an IP of crown pavillion with an organised group/commander the boss blitzes are really quick (usually everyone downs all bosses with 1 minute of spare time left for the gold reward tier)

but i do get those map IPs where everyone just yolo's the bosses and it takes 30minutes or more just to clear the blitz... and yes people would rage but it can't be helped if people wouldn't bother at all and the whole map just gangs up on 1 or 2 bosses and goes through each one in a rotation instead of spreading out and preventing the bosses from over-scaling

Leave my Boss Blitz alone. It is one of my favourite boss mob encounters because it requires a bit of brain power to realise how it works and take the appropriate action.

For example, I logged in over the weekend to find the mindless zerg occurring. I turned it from an almost-assured bronze run into a silver run (I joined when gold was gone in 3m and only 1 boss had died). Both myself and the map had a lot of fun, especially when they realised what needed to happen and did it.

The Boss Bash is a brilliant event. I do not want it to change. Having events like this is healthy because needing to use your brain every now and then is a good thing.