GS trait needs a rework

Terrorhuz.4695

Pretty much everything needs a rework now BUUUUUT

The problem with gs is the absurdely long cooldown between each skill, and you can't do anything about it.

What if bountiful blades recharged greatsword skills for a small amount (1%? 2%? 1s? 2s? IDK, I'm not a dev) whenever a boon is removed from a foe? This could create some interesting interactions with the rest of the Domination traitline and give use a usable gs trait. What you guys think?

PVP wise as long as on GS you cant defend yourself its gonna be really bad, and thats the only flaw, when thief/rev ports on you. You are fucked, and the damage the weapon offers isnt even that good anyways, trade blows with reaper and you gonna lose, odd for a "melee" spec right?

The problem of the weapon is

1 Its too fair, all skills are slow, telegraph and have huge counterplay.

2 Its a ranged weapon that forces squishy class into melee

3 It has almost no defense whatsoever, 1 very bad CC is not cutting it, and since the offence of the weapon is not good enough to justify lack of survi its just lacking.

Thief can switch to SB and spam 2 on gs mesmer and just dodge every important skill and they win, rev ports on you and you are forced away from GS, Holo wins with nades VS gs, even if you chunk him down to half before he gets in range, reaper wins ranged fight against GS mes too.

Its just bad.

I don't see any problem with it.

It reduced the cooldowns by 20%, as most (if not all) weapon traits.

And the two phantasmal berserkers are great for GS shatter builds.

I do **not** want a rework that causes it to interact with boon removal.

That'd make it useless to me.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I don't see any problem with it.

> It reduced the cooldowns by 20%, as most (if not all) weapon traits.

> And the two phantasmal berserkers are great for GS shatter builds.

>

> I do **not** want a rework that causes it to interact with boon removal.

> That'd make it useless to me.

I'm not sure you noticed but the CD reduction is gone

> @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I don't see any problem with it.

> > It reduced the cooldowns by 20%, as most (if not all) weapon traits.

> > And the two phantasmal berserkers are great for GS shatter builds.

> >

> > I do **not** want a rework that causes it to interact with boon removal.

> > That'd make it useless to me.

>

> I'm not sure you noticed but the CD reduction is gone

>

^ this

If memory serves me right they applied 20% CD reduction in PVE only, and left PVP cooldowns as they were, the exception is GS 5 shill that got reduced to 25s from 30s.

They ALSO lowered damage of berserker with the trait from 75% of its value to 66% of its value. -> this is 10,7% damage nerf.

GS got fucked in feb patch.

While most skills got nerfed by 30-33%

GS 4 ate -> 35% nerf on phantasm ( this is more then average )

Its blade no longer comes back ( 50% damage nerf from the blade itself, again above average nerf )

And taking GS trait reduced phantasm damage from 75% to 66,6? ( or 67% fuck knows with anet ) of its value.

So its double layered nerf.

In the end, while traited GS 4 ended up losing cripple, losing ~42% of its damage AND lost 20% CD reduction. Sad times.

> @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I don't see any problem with it.

> > It reduced the cooldowns by 20%, as most (if not all) weapon traits.

> > And the two phantasmal berserkers are great for GS shatter builds.

> >

> > I do **not** want a rework that causes it to interact with boon removal.

> > That'd make it useless to me.

>

> I'm not sure you noticed but the CD reduction is gone

>

I hadn't noticed this.

But the trait still is better this way than getting a replaced for a rework that interacts with boon removal.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> But the trait still is better this way than getting a replaced for a rework that interacts with boon removal.

I think Terrorhuz said something along the lines of "Remove additional bounces and replace it with duration reduction on boonrip" before, no idea why he didn't say it in this post. 2x Berserker will stay.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > But the trait still is better this way than getting a replaced for a rework that interacts with boon removal.

>

> I think Terrorhuz said something along the lines of "Remove additional bounces and replace it with duration reduction on boonrip" before, no idea why he didn't say it in this post. 2x Berserker will stay.

But we know Arenanet.

If they rework it, they rework all of it.

And the extra bounce still has more value to me than some random effect on boon rip.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > And the extra bounce still has more value to me than some random effect on boon rip.

>

> It's actually almost worthless, no? Every time it bounces, the damage is reduced 15% and it counts bounces to allies too.

Almost worthless still is better than completely worthless.

Not all Mesmers are ripping boons left and right.

Especially in PvE, where boons aren't as over-abundant as in PvP.

> @"Noodle Ant.1605" said:

> From December 11th 2018 patch:

> Following up on the previous balance release, we're continuing to update weapon traits to offer more meaningful options **when players are not using the related weapons** while also enhancing those weapons' playstyles if the player is using them.

>

> Also devs:

> Bountiful Blades (NEW): Mirror Blades bounces 2 additional times. Phantasmal Berserker summons an additional berserker and they each deal less damage (33% instead of 25% less damage.

>

> Looks useful on non-GS setups /s.

Was a nice sounding idea while it lasted, I guess.

Well, gs trait itself is one of the worse ones out there. it does nothing for 4/6 skills which is silly.

But making GS trait better wont fix GS, it has design flaws that used to be worked around by raw damage/stealth/mobility.

Now mesmer lost those 3 and GS no longer functions properly in pvp, in pve all I want is for AOE phantasms to finish their attacks even when the target dies.

If I use aoe gs on the mob with intentions of cleaing entire pack and it dies.... they all just poof away and there goes the aoe :/

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > But the trait still is better this way than getting a replaced for a rework that interacts with boon removal.

>

> I think Terrorhuz said something along the lines of "Remove additional bounces and replace it with duration reduction on boonrip" before, no idea why he didn't say it in this post. 2x Berserker will stay.

Because I don't want to give advice to devs about "how screw things up"