Scourge and shroud-specific traits

PowerBottom.5796

Hello,

As I was fiddling around with the new build editor (haven't played the beta-weekends or stress test stuff at all of the new expansion), I came across multiple

questions regarding the scourge and how certain traits will work. Mostly, those traits are bound to a certain shroud skill and since scourge has none, I wondered how

they worked exactly. The traits I mean are for example:

Dhuumfire, transfusion, path of corruption and so on.

Also, traits that trigger upon leaving/entering or staying in shroud are likely just for the F5-skill (desert shroud), right? But this doesn't offer any new skills, right? So

will the skill-bar just be empty, or can I use the weapon-skills?

thx in advance for any help.

Your are correct all enter/leave/while in shroud traits are tied to f5.

All traits that would normally activate on shroud 1 will activate when your shades attack (which happens when you press an f skill).

Path of corruption will proc when you use your f2 skill and transfusion will proc on your f4 skill. Transfusion is interesting since f4 is not a channeled skill. In the demo it worked in such a way that it pulsed around you (not the shades) every second (9 pulses) and, due the lack of a channel, was uninterruptiable, which made it really strong on scourge (especially since with vp it is on a 12 sec cd).

> @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> you created a thread asking for things that were already researched and discussed before, just search the reddit or even watch the elite spec livestream from ANet where they explained it...

I searched the forum and reddit and found nothing and I didn't want to search through a huge livestream.

Thx for the actual responses though, everything cleared up!

> @Josh.4016 said:

> In this same vein, has anyone tested the proc from weakening shroud? Since we sending out kitten very often, wouldn't this double down kinda like duhmfire?

>

> If we spec into terrifying descent, does that torment proc Demonic lore as well?

Weakening Shroud's on-crit effect is exactly the same as normal. The Enfeeble effect is triggered by using F5.

Any Torment application at all can proc Demonic Lore's burn, provided Demonic Lore isn't on cooldown for that specific target. It doesn't matter if the application is from a skill, trait, rune, or sigil.