Labyrinthine Horror Abuse

Ravij.9856

Whether or not this was a mistake or an actual attempt to ruin a race, I can see it being used to troll racers at the starting line waiting for the race to begin.

This just happened in a Lab Map I was in. Everyone was waiting in the designated area and Lab Horror was near by which was no issue because the Lab Horror doesn't path to the middle, however if it's pulled by someone it will follow them to the middle and it will attack pretty much everyone, making people try to skirt the starting position box trying to get away from this thing. Well all but one person managed to avoid the horror in that tiny box while the rest of us got our mounts killed and had to run up the hill to try to lose aggro and make an attempt to talk to the NPC to get signed up for the race and then make an attempt to quickly hop on our mounts and do the race while the Horror jumped between attacking people at the starting line.

It's entirely possible it was an accident. I've been teleported to a far corner of the map twice for gliding too close to where the Mad King and Prince Thorn stand, and have had to run from the Horror to safety. The center seems like one of the safer places to go when you're overwhelmed because not a lot of mobs will follow you all the way to the top by the mausoleum, and there's lots of places to lose los.

> @Batelle.1680 said:

> It's entirely possible it was an accident. I've been teleported to a far corner of the map twice for gliding too close to where the Mad King and Prince Thorn stand, and have had to run from the Horror to safety. The center seems like one of the safer places to go when you're overwhelmed because not a lot of mobs will follow you all the way to the top by the mausoleum, and there's lots of places to lose los.

Even if it was an accident, It can still be used as a form of griefing for people who wish to race.

What happened to some of the other posts? Did the other repliers delete them or something? For a while it looked like the OP was talking to themselves. On topic though I haven't seen it done yet on my runs but it is always a fear of mine. Getting really far in the race only to have Steve spawn and wreck all the racers. Like an angry blue shell with a chainsaw.

> @Ravij.9856 said:

> Whether or not this was a mistake or an actual attempt to ruin a race, I can see it being used to troll racers at the starting line waiting for the race to begin.

>

> This just happened in a Lab Map I was in. Everyone was waiting in the designated area and Lab Horror was near by which was no issue because the Lab Horror doesn't path to the middle, however if it's pulled by someone it will follow them to the middle and it will attack pretty much everyone, making people try to skirt the starting position box trying to get away from this thing. Well all but one person managed to avoid the horror in that tiny box while the rest of us got our mounts killed and had to run up the hill to try to lose aggro and make an attempt to talk to the NPC to get signed up for the race and then make an attempt to quickly hop on our mounts and do the race while the Horror jumped between attacking people at the starting line.

>

>

They don't call him the Labyrinthine *Horror* for nothin'! Just doin' his job!

Let him have some fun with his chainsaw. After all, there are not many trees left there. He has to saw SOMETHING. There is no perma-death anyways.

Just be glad he isn't roming around in Lions Arch, which could be entirely possible with all the portals there.

**Secret tip**: Join a squad with commander that does not skip the bosses. Kill the chainsaw dude and continue with whatever you were doing down there. Maybe you will even get some achievements in the process.

> @Ravij.9856 said:

> Whether or not this was a mistake or an actual attempt to ruin a race, I can see it being used to troll racers at the starting line waiting for the race to begin.

>

> This just happened in a Lab Map I was in. Everyone was waiting in the designated area and Lab Horror was near by which was no issue because the Lab Horror doesn't path to the middle, however if it's pulled by someone it will follow them to the middle and it will attack pretty much everyone, making people try to skirt the starting position box trying to get away from this thing. Well all but one person managed to avoid the horror in that tiny box while the rest of us got our mounts killed and had to run up the hill to try to lose aggro and make an attempt to talk to the NPC to get signed up for the race and then make an attempt to quickly hop on our mounts and do the race while the Horror jumped between attacking people at the starting line.

>

>

I wonder if we were in the same instance last night? My ranger got wiped so I had to wp and was unable to do all of the race. Fortunately I did it today for the daily.

I have seen him up there a few times this year but in the past I have never seen him in the center section.

> @Daddicus.6128 said:

> Steve shouldn't be able to go near the race start area at all, when a race is pending. Nor should any nearby creatures. I've been griefed several times by players running through the group to lose aggro on something chasing them.

He should spawn right there

I like things the way they are. /shrug Racing through the lab is dangerous. I've been dismounted during a race and still struggled on to finish it on foot... or at least until I can mount again. Sure, griefing can happen... but it's rare, really, on the scale of how many people are playing. There's nothing quite as thrilling as sitting in that starting box and watching Steve run back and forth across that alley that we'll shortly be racing down. It builds tension.

Steve is doing what Steve does ... ruin everything. I love Steve.

But seriously, the Horror is what makes the map fun for me. He's always a pain in the backside and most often completely inconvenient. What's the fun of a haunted house without the jump scare? Steve is the jump scare. If people are intentionally griefing with it, well, that's what Steve is there for. Can't get too worked up about this, even when it has happened to me.

Now that I'm thinking of it, I sincerely hope that those who are intentionally griefing are players that don't have mounts. Evening the playing field, so to speak.

Labyrinthine Horror is secretly a Palawa Joko supporter and he has been set loose with King Joko's blessing. This is what happens when a group of people are farming weakly candy corns and the horror decides to show up to crash the party

Imo nothing is more exciting then seeing the Horror rushing at me when I'm on my jackal I wave as I zip by he gives a nod and keeps going forward

The Labyrinth Horror is an absolute trollish bar steward all by itself. It's unlikely anyone would purposefully aggro it just to lead it to a group of racers. If it sees you and you have even just moderate agility and are in combat, you may as well just cough up the wp silver on the spot. A player who led this prick of a mob to the middle was probably just trying to get away from it, and saw a group of players that might be able to help. Unfortunately for the victim, these players were just a bunch of douchey racers hanging about in their own little world.