A reasonable Comprise.

> @thrag.9740 said:

> Raids are hardly big enough to warrant being stand alone maps. These would be tiny maps that just serve the purpose of having 3 or 4 bounties. None of it would make sense.

>

> Just make a story mode, no rewards, everything divided by 100. Boss hp divided by 100, damage divided by 100, etc. Don't release story mode until like, 2 weeks after the raid comes out. As fighting the bosses to figure out what is going on, makes it more exciting.

We dont need more dead content. One play through if that on story mode and it;s never touched again. Then people will complain about rewards and we back a square 1.

wasted time and effort foir what? so some can 11111 a boss and say they raided ?

> @PopeUrban.2578 said:

> The entire point Crystal made in regards to not working on raid variants was simply that doing it in any form takes development resources. Even this theoretical open world system STILL takes development resources. Someone has to stop what they're doing now to retrofit raid bosses, alter mechanics, etc. etc. in stead of working on new LS stuff, or new fractal stuff, or new raid stuff.

>

> It isn't about the amount of effort. Its the idea that more effort than zero is more effort than zero, and they prefer to create more accessible content whole-kitten in stead of half-kitten.

>

> Software development is rarely as simple as it seems on paper. Especially in a project like an MMO where multiple QA steps, patch verification steps, and other stuff not specifically part of the actual arguments and variables is a large part of that process that costs time any money as well.

Agreed. If I can tl;dr your comment, it's not just about how easy/cheap it costs; it's about what else could be done with those resources instead.

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > @"Valik Shin.9027" said:

> > And how would you do the collections of legendary armour?

>

> You wouldn't.

>

> TCs suggestions is aimed to provide people an opportunity to see the raid zones and see the raid bosses without having to raid. Obviously to raid rewards would not be available.

>

> While I personally wouldn't mind, I doubt there is a huge audience for this. As seen by the first comment, people want the shinies.

My bad. Misread it the first time

> @Lunaire.9741 said:

> > @thrag.9740 said:

> > Raids are hardly big enough to warrant being stand alone maps. These would be tiny maps that just serve the purpose of having 3 or 4 bounties. None of it would make sense.

> >

> > Just make a story mode, no rewards, everything divided by 100. Boss hp divided by 100, damage divided by 100, etc. Don't release story mode until like, 2 weeks after the raid comes out. As fighting the bosses to figure out what is going on, makes it more exciting.

>

> We dont need more dead content. One play through if that on story mode and it;s never touched again. Then people will complain about rewards and we back a square 1.

> wasted time and effort foir what? so some can 11111 a boss and say they raided ?

All story content is dead content within a month. Just how it goes. And no, it isn't so they can say they raided. It is so they can experience the story, and we can avoid this thread coming up once a month for 2 years.

> @thrag.9740 said:

> > @Lunaire.9741 said:

> > > @thrag.9740 said:

> > > Raids are hardly big enough to warrant being stand alone maps. These would be tiny maps that just serve the purpose of having 3 or 4 bounties. None of it would make sense.

> > >

> > > Just make a story mode, no rewards, everything divided by 100. Boss hp divided by 100, damage divided by 100, etc. Don't release story mode until like, 2 weeks after the raid comes out. As fighting the bosses to figure out what is going on, makes it more exciting.

> >

> > We dont need more dead content. One play through if that on story mode and it;s never touched again. Then people will complain about rewards and we back a square 1.

> > wasted time and effort foir what? so some can 11111 a boss and say they raided ?

>

> All story content is dead content within a month. Just how it goes. And no, it isn't so they can say they raided. It is so they can experience the story, and we can avoid this thread coming up once a month for 2 years.

I'd like to think my proposal was a bit more thought through than Easymode Raids please.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @thrag.9740 said:

> > > @Lunaire.9741 said:

> > > > @thrag.9740 said:

> > > > Raids are hardly big enough to warrant being stand alone maps. These would be tiny maps that just serve the purpose of having 3 or 4 bounties. None of it would make sense.

> > > >

> > > > Just make a story mode, no rewards, everything divided by 100. Boss hp divided by 100, damage divided by 100, etc. Don't release story mode until like, 2 weeks after the raid comes out. As fighting the bosses to figure out what is going on, makes it more exciting.

> > >

> > > We dont need more dead content. One play through if that on story mode and it;s never touched again. Then people will complain about rewards and we back a square 1.

> > > wasted time and effort foir what? so some can 11111 a boss and say they raided ?

> >

> > All story content is dead content within a month. Just how it goes. And no, it isn't so they can say they raided. It is so they can experience the story, and we can avoid this thread coming up once a month for 2 years.

>

> I'd like to think my proposal was a bit more thought through than Easymode Raids please.

Complicated doesnt mean better or realistic. You propose 4 new open world maps just so we can have 13 new legendary bounties. That is a bad return on investment of developer hours. Legendary bounties are already a sinking ship, because they have terrible rewards. The main reason people do them now is because they see a group of people already doing them. What reason besides bounties would people have to be on the 4 new raid maps?

My idea: take existing instances, use the mote feature which already exists to modify the rewards and difficulty. Things we have already seen done in raiding and fractals.

You can make up crazy complicated solutions and preach about how much better they are, but it doesnt mean they get implemented.

> @thrag.9740 said:

> My idea: take existing instances, use the mote feature which already exists to modify the rewards and difficulty. Things we have already seen done in raiding and fractals.

Honestly that idea has many problems, but more important one is the community split. I always wondered why challenge motes do not have a permanent reward, which would make them much more amazing. But there is a high possibility that giving them extra rewards would cause all raid groups to move to those and ignore the prior Raid encounters, making training/new Raids even harder to be created.

Adding even more version motes and versions would complicate things even further.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @thrag.9740 said:

> > My idea: take existing instances, use the mote feature which already exists to modify the rewards and difficulty. Things we have already seen done in raiding and fractals.

>

> Honestly that idea has many problems, but more important one is the community split. I always wondered why challenge motes do not have a permanent reward, which would make them much more amazing. But there is a high possibility that giving them extra rewards would cause all raid groups to move to those and ignore the prior Raid encounters, making training/new Raids even harder to be created.

>

> Adding even more version motes and versions would complicate things even further.

READ READ READ my actual post. I am not advocating tiered difficulty in any serious way. Decreasing boss hp by a factor of 100 isn't easy mode, its an interactive youtube video with no rewards. And you know what it does? It gets rid of these threads.

> @thrag.9740 said:

> It gets rid of these threads.

No, it only shifts the threads to the real complaint. The armor and loot.

Also, see eater of souls as to why an easy mode for Raids will never happen. Like, literally never....No amount of balance can make an already easy fight easy enough for that kinda of player.