Scourge in high fractals

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > @nsleep.7839 said:

> > By using the same mechanic available to every character in this game: dodging.

> This. My necro colleague is doing very fine in fractals.

>

>

Hi. Necro colleague here. Im too lazy to get agony resistance for other Charakters. I just have a power and a condition set for my necro.

And I can tell you this:

It's way easier to survive in high fractals as a scourge, than it is as a reaper, and you can even carry pugs really hard as a scourge.

Here's why:

Reaper has same dmg like scourge has, and it gets even better if you have a bad chronograph, as it offers permanent quickness while in shroud.

But you are melee.

There's often a instability called "social awkwardness" and most people are just to good to understand how it works. They always walk inside you, fcking up your rotation by doing big dmg to you and knocking you out of shroud. And additionally you are very limited when it comes to team assistance and buffs or removing conditions from allies

Scourge is ranged, it's way easier to not get hit by social awkwardness.

Also you can sometimes easily protect you allies by dropping a bit of dps, either by using your barrier skills or by removing conditions via f2

Also you don't loose that much DPS by using bloodmagic

So you can pull and rezz downed allies pretty fast.

Scourge becomes just really really useless in good groups. It offers so low damage that it slows everything down. Just play power builds in fractals. Everything dies too fast for condi builds.

Pugs biggest challenge are most of the time dps checks like the thaumanova ooze or ice elemental just because bad builds like scourge are played in fractals. Also no experienced CM group will ever accept you as condi scourge. Just go power reaper if you really have to play necro.