Derelict Delves Rune-locked doors achieve

Kestrell.6952

Howdy Tyrians, I'm working on my skyscale and I got to the spider room in Derelict Delves, and it's slooow going because I'm handicapped and webs are invisible unless you mouse over them but I'm powering through it ok. I kept hearing people saying that it saves your progress but every time I die/map closes on me it seems like it removes most of my runestones that I've already placed. It drops down to 2 or 3 (I think I need 5?) to get into the water room. I know porting out drops the runestone if you're carrying one so I stopped doing that. The already placed runestones are the one's disappearing on me, so what am I doing to keep accidentally resetting this puzzle back a bunch of steps because it's becoming very discouraging beating my head against 10 thousand constantly respawing spiders for 2 days to find a bunch of my progress wiped.

Thanks for reading

As far as I know, it only saves progress for each _door_ (opening each individual sub-area), not for each individual runestone. The spiders one is definitely the hardest, so hopefully you'll have smoother sailing once you can get through that one somehow.

If you're on the North American servers and you've hit the point where you'd really like a second player to help out, feel free to message me if you see me in-game. In my experience, it's a lot less frustrating if you've got someone else to distract the respawning mobs a bit.

Oh damn. That is very discouraging. I've been slashing my way thru spiders all weekend and basically running place and not achieving anything. :/ Ok, well now at least I know now not to switch to a new map voluntarily. I saw one person in the spider room for a milisecond on saturday and then they left, I guess everyone has already been thru here and gotten their egg exposed to water magic a year ago. I appreciate the offer to help but I really want to do this by myself :) I'll just keep slashing these demonic spiders in the meantime.

> @"Kestrell.6952" said:

> Oh kitten. That is very discouraging. I've been slashing my way thru spiders all weekend and basically running place and not achieving anything. :/ Ok, well now at least I know now not to switch to a new map voluntarily. I saw one person in the spider room for a milisecond on saturday and then they left, I guess everyone has already been thru here and gotten their egg exposed to water magic a year ago. I appreciate the offer to help but I really want to do this by myself :) I'll just keep slashing these demonic spiders in the meantime.

Remembering the initial path you took from the beginning of the spider room to the runestone you got, and taking the same path back to exit the room can help. That way you will know where the webs already are, from before, if they respawn again after you grab the runestone.

I waited to start until I got into a brand new map last night to give me the most amount of time for spider slashing, and after I had gotten them so many times I did remember exactly where they all were, so spider room is down and I never have to step foot in there again! Thanks all for the help <3