If you could redesign any one class what would it be and how?

Panda.1967

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Alga.6498 said:

> This whole profession seems too unfinished.

> Even underwater Rev is 50% completed work. Why release something when its not even working properly???

>

> I wish they fixed this instead of ignoring like it's ok and we dont give a kitty about it.

When underwater, I just mash 2 forever and ever as there's nothing good for Revenant underwater....

except assassin so you can speed the hell underwater when you need to travel fast...

...then mounts came along.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @Death.9268 said:

> > Ranger pets need a good update. Better AI. 4 types of pets (condi, power, tank, support) . I rather have a few pets to choose from and they are all usefull and unique in their own way, then having a whole Zoo available and there are only a handfull of usefull pets..

>

> Kind of sounds like Pokémon.

It already feels like Pokémon. first you're like IM GONNA CATCH THEM ALL.

And then you're like Jacaranda I choose you.. oh wait the Lynx I choose you..

Among the classes I've played halfway regularly, it's certainly the mesmer I'd redesign from scratch. First, phantasms would become target-independent pets for a limited duration, second, I'd separate clones and phantasms so you can have three of each, and third, shatters would leave phantasms untouched and just use up clones. After those core mechanics, the massively overtuned utility and defensive capability of mesmer/chrono would have to be toned down by a lot to bring it more in line with other classes. Stuff like killing distort share etc. And last but not least, all of this would probably require massive amounts of fine-tuning.

In the end, I'd ideally see a class that can properly function as a dps class without the current stupid target/buildup limitations or be a strong, but not overpowered support/utility spec.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> Yes buff the very root of engineers created design flaws, that's genius.....

Explain how kits created design flaws because I have no idea what you're talking about. I think kits are great and Anet should add more kits. In fact, I'm still waiting for a "Kitmaster" elite spec for Engi. ;)

> @Mea.5491 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > Yes buff the very root of engineers created design flaws, that's genius.....

>

> Explain how kits created design flaws because I have no idea what you're talking about. I think kits are great and Anet should add more kits. In fact, I'm still waiting for a "Kitmaster" elite spec for Engi. ;)

You mean you like having only 3 viable utility skills and having no decent weapons ? Because that's quite literally the design flaw that is engineer. The sheer idea that you can have 15 skills with minimal cooldowns with greater impact that the baseline power of every other utility is poor design. Even the dev's have acknowledged this various times but they still have no idea how to fix it without a large scale redesign of engineer.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> You mean you like having only 3 viable utility skills and having no decent weapons ? Because that's quite literally the design flaw that is engineer.

Huh? Show me an other profession that has more than 3 viable utility skills. :) Also, my Engi's pistols are more than decent.

> @Mea.5491 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > You mean you like having only 3 viable utility skills and having no decent weapons ? Because that's quite literally the design flaw that is engineer.

>

> Huh? Show me an other profession that has more than 3 viable utility skills. :) Also, my Engi's pistols are more than decent.

Hmm lets see.... Warrior, Theif, Ele, Necro, Mesmer, Guardian, Ranger. The only one that doesn't outside of Engi is the one with no choice in Revenant.

Also, just go compare pistol (MH) to literally any other condi weapon and notice how lackluster both the CD's and Durations are baseline.

> @Mea.5491 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > You mean you like having only 3 viable utility skills and having no decent weapons ? Because that's quite literally the design flaw that is engineer.

>

> Huh? Show me an other profession that has more than 3 viable utility skills. :) Also, my Engi's pistols are more than decent.

To be fair, my necro has more than 5.

Also tried my friend's Engineer with pistols after being on Thief and I can say it's like going from going down a waterslide... to now trying to climb up that waterslide, while a fat creature like a walrus or something is hanging on my back and telling me I need to reach the top to enjoy the waterslide again.

The problem? I never make it back to the top...

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Mea.5491 said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > You mean you like having only 3 viable utility skills and having no decent weapons ? Because that's quite literally the design flaw that is engineer.

> >

> > Huh? Show me an other profession that has more than 3 viable utility skills. :) Also, my Engi's pistols are more than decent.

>

> Hmm lets see.... Warrior, Theif, Ele, Necro, Mesmer, Guardian, Ranger. The only one that doesn't outside of Engi is the one with no choice in Revenant.

>

> Also, just go compare pistol (MH) to literally any other condi weapon and notice how lackluster both the CD's and Durations are baseline.

Especially with cooldowns that Engineer has.

And whyyyyyyyyyyyyy no weapon swap... because of the weak flamethrower or that other conditional rifle? Or is it the grenades which is like the only decent utility next to the rifle turret?

All.

Because all of them have conceptionally flaws, that need to be changed fundamentally to fix the gameplay problems they have, or just to make the classes conceptionally more fun to play, more diversive in their builds, more intuitive to use mechanics which aren't limited somehow by the environment of the game (water/ground)

**Ranger**

- Completely change the Pet Control System to one, that gives the player actually more control over the Pet by being able to switch between you and your Pet, that you can decide when you play your Character, or your Pet, so that the Pet actually becomes a real feature of your Gameplay you can take over in controling it with its Skills that get rebalanced and reworked for this change

- Make Dual Daggers baseline and give the to Beastlord renamed Soulbeast as new Weapon instead the Chain Whip or the Chakram to change it to a Mid Range Specialization, which the Game needs more, than just more Close Range Specs, and if nothign of this is wanted to make, then instead the Spear as Polearm Weapon for the Beastlord, which can also work as Close to Midrange Weapon

- Merge Utility Skills together, where it makes sense to make space for better new Skills and add missing Elite/Healing Skills for Skills Types that have none (Elite Trap, Signet Healing)

- Rework the Spirit Gameplay to make these Skills more interesting and more supportive for you and your allies, so that enemies don't want to ignore them for too long

--

**Engineer**

- Add to the Baseline Weapons the Mace and Hammer with the Hammer beign basically the Scrapper Skills

- Redesign the Scrapper into an Alchemist Elite Spec, which adds instead of the Hammer the Axe as Dual WIelded Weapon to the Engineer as a Mid Range Option, or instead the Chain Whip as a Chain Sickle Skin for a 2H Weapon

- Merge Utilitsy Skills together to make Space for better new Skills and add a missing Elite Skill for the Gadget Skill Type that has none

- All Drones removed for the Alchemist and replaced instead with a Homunculus System with that you create your own unique alche magical Cyborg that fights alongside you instead of these Drones and with that you can fusionize together through your Fusion Skills

--

**Thief**

- Add Offhand Sword baseline to the Thief

- Remove Deadeye an replace it with the Chakram (Shuriken Skin) using Assassin that is a heavily on Stealth and Shadow Step focused and specialized build

- Rework the Shortbow Skills, so that the Weapon is actualy more than just a Utility Weapon for Mobilits, but actually also more dangerous, cause it lacks simply the DPS to be viable for damage dealing, compared to Pistol . Add Trait Effects, with that SB/Pistol Range can be increased back to 1200, cause then theres no need for Deadeye

- Add more Options in the Skills, Traits and Upgrades, with that you can manage better Initiative Regain under the Assassin Gameplay

- Assassin removes Dual Weapon Combo Skills and replaces it with a Skill Chain System which allows the Assassin to use with the Action Skill Butto to use practically a 6th Weapon Skill at the end of every 5 Skill-Chain based on what the last Skill of the Chain was. to simulate this was as good as possible the old GW1 assassi Skill Chaining Gameplay under GW2's Combat System and the Initiative System.

--

**Elementalist**

- Make Tempest Gameplay Elementalist Baseline with Warhorn baseline and Overcharge of Attunements and replace the Spec with a Chakram using Summoner Spec, that is focused and specialized on Summons that work basically like "Kits" and integrate the creation of Conjured Weapons into the Overcharge Mechanic, remove them as Utility Skills completely

- Merge Utlity Skills together where possible to make space for new better skills and give them the missing Elite/Healing Skills (Healing Aura, Elite Signet, Elite Aura, Elite Arcane, removal of FGS as Conjures are no Utiltyy Skills anymore, but now Overcharge Features as result of overcharging an attunement)

- Rework of Cantrips and rename Cantrip to "Enchantments" under their new design and effects, which are then elemental buffs that work like unique unremoveable Boons which cause Exhaustion, if Elementalists keep them active for too long, letting their Recharge Times become longer under increasing Exhaustion. Therefore boost Enchaments of the fittign elelements the power of the Weapon Skills or add new Effects to the Weapon Skills, which they wouldnt have without the Enchantments, like increased range, dealiing more hits, having bigger AoE circles and so on... Enchantment Skills would work basically like proactive traits and so more you use them, so more exchausted do you get quicker, to force the player to deactivate them somewhen agan to lose Exhaustion % again. In brief, make Eles again more like GW1 Eles.

--

**Necromancer**

- Change their Minion Gameplay more to that of the PoF Mission where you have to control Minions near the end of the Expansion, increase the amount of Minions you can have at the same time, by adding the system that makes it possible to use a skill multiple times, before it recharges and make Minions therefore again lose constantly Health. The Utility Skill Minions should have that mechanic, so that you can summon them like 2-3 times and the health Degeneration slightly becomes stronger, so more Minions you summon in a brief time, so that you can decide, do you summon slowly one after another, or do you want to overwhelm your foe quickly with a burst of many minions, which decay thefore also much faster again, if you can't keep them alive with your Blood Ritual Skills (Corruptions) which need to get stronger bonded to the Minion Gameplay then, to give us again more the GW1 Minion Master Flair of GW1 back

- Merge Utility Skills where possible to make space for better skills and add missing Elite/Healign Skills - Elite Well, Elite Signet, Healing Spectral

- Nerf their gain of Life Force, but rebalance therefor also the Costs of Life Force, Necros and their Spaces can use way too often for too long times their Shrouds. Either this change, or increase the amount of LF reduced when being hit, to force Necros to have to make better positioning, dodging ect. to stay logner in the Shrounds, instead if just brainless face tanking the damage and in case of reaper even receiving LFfor that ... (wtf) giving you the feeling, as if they stay eternally in their shrouds, always when you are about to attack them...

- Make Spectral and Well Skills influence positively your Mininos somehow, by granting them based on the Spectral Skill some unique Buffs, so that theres also some Skil Synergy between Minions and Spectral and Well Skills, if they are standing in them.

--

**Mesmer**

- Change and rebalance Clones to be actually real clones of you, that fully copy everythign of the original and reduce the amount of Clones you can have similtanously to two, Clones have their own amount nnow and are split from the Mirror Mechanic, Clones can't be shattered anymore. Only Phantasms can be shatrered now.

- Phantasms get fundamentally changed, they are not anymore transparent versions of you, they are now class based Nightmares that allow the Mesmer to counter better their oponents which provide effects, that go agains the weaknesses of your oponents directly, thats why Phantasms get also renamed to Nightmares. Nightmared have also the unique effect of decreasing the Stats of their oponents in close combat and evenetually (if traited) causing Fear when they deal critical hits

- Merge Skills to make space for better new ones and also here ad missing Healing & Elite Skills - Make Ether Feast a Healing Glamour and add a new Healing Phantasm, add a Elite Phantasm and Elite Mantra

- Nerf Confusion back to its previosu state where it had no constant damage over time effect, slightly make thefore the punishign part of confusion more powerful

- Rename Manipulations to Hexes and rework them fundamentalyl to work more like GW1 hexes, which woudl be in this case special Conditions, that aren't removeable, but like Enchantments for the Ele,mentalis,t Hexes cause Exhaustion for the mesmer, which becomes stogner so longer you keep the Hex up, making your skills recharge slower and slower so higher your Exhaustion % rises

--

**Guardian**

- Merge Skill and make space for better Skills, add missing Elite/Healing Skills - Elite Spirit Weapon, Healing Spirit Weapon, Turn Shelter into a Concecration, Elite Concecration

- Make Longbow baseline, remove Dragonhunter and replace it with the Inquisitor that adds the Chain Whip and instead of Traps adds Glyphs or Enchantments

- Add two more Virtues to the Class for F4 and F5 - so that there is Justice, Resolve, Courage and newly Mercy and Faith/Trust

--

**Warrior**

- Exchange Torch and Greatsword in regard of Berserker, redesign the Berserker based on the Greatsword, not the Torch, or better, make both baseline, and redesign the Berserker based on the new 2H Greataxe Weapon

- Merche like with al others skilsl together, to make space for better skills, add missing Elite/Healing Skills. Make Mending a Physical or redesign it into a Banner and add a new skilll as Healing Physica. If doing option 1, then add a new Healing Banner instead and also add an Elite Stance and Elite Shout

--

**Revenant**

- Completely remove this Class out of the Game and replace with with an other new one with two new Elite Specs, make revenant a Rytlock only story based class, because its whoel class design as the black sheep with its skill design doesn't fit to GW2. Its nice on paper only to have a class, thats based on characters from GW1, but as stereotype this just doesn't work with GW2, if it ends up like this, that they are by design then the only class that cant use racial skilsl and which has no freedom to mix together various utility skills , cause of the legend giving you no choice, thus heaviliy reducing your build diversity into nothingness, compared to the other classes.

- Replace the Revenant with the Renegade, which is a dark themed mixture basically of the guardian and the thief, which uses its Energy System then instead of Initiative and the utility skills are instead of stances that replace all skills on the right side of the bar then a utility skill type, which works just like Kits, so that when used it changes now the weapon skills.

E-Specs are then the Vagabond and the Outlaw, which add as weapons the Shield (Vagabond) and Shortbow (Outlaw)

Brief said, the Class must get brought back conceptually in line with all other classes to fit into this game.

Basic Elements like the Boon Sharing can easily be reworked into the new form of the class and its E-Specs with the new names. All that has to go is the legendary stance crap that throws conceptually the whole thing out of the window by it's design.

So if it was me, I will make the Rev like a "**Traveler of the Mists**".

- You will be able to enter the Mists (like a mirror world) and no one will be able to see you or interact with you (the Rev will not be able to interact with anything either, just be able to exit the Mists through a new portal).

- Each weapons will have 2 "positions" (so you don't switch set of weapons but "position" of the same set of weapons) :

1) Your weapon do melee damage at melee range (normal position).

2) Your weapon do melee damage at distance range (through mists portals).

- The weapons skills will generate energy rather than cost energy.

- You will have more utilities to choose per Legend.

- Switching Legend will only be out of combat to adapt of the situation before the fight.

After, that is "just" the basic Rev (without further details) and not the Elite Spec.

Pretty much anyone who's played multiple classes and is being honest with themselves should be able to say with little hesitation the correct answer here - Revenant is the sloppiest _by far_ in terms of execution, and the one that would most benefit from a real rework. It's frustrating because it's an awesome concept for a unique class, it just needed a lot more time in development than it got.

Most other classes are fine and at most may need overhauls to some of their skill types (mesmer mantras are still pretty lackluster, for example), but nothing like the updates Revenant needs.

-They are about 20 skills behind other classes. Variety is important in an MMO.

-Their weapon swap feels like a poor band-aid that was tacked on in a futile attempt to address more underlying problems with their gameplay fluidity

-They have severely restricted customization, which is terrible in an MMO

-They uniquely lack a profession attribute.

-They are even more restricted underwater than other professions

-Their weapons and legends are hogtied to specific roles with little hybridization or synergy, limiting the value of weapon and legend swapping

-Their energy mechanic is clunky and seems to only serve the purpose of forcing the player to legend swap in spite of the above point.

-Jalis is not terribly useful, Ventari is too tablet focused, and Shiro over-relies on the boring crutch of Impossible Odds. Lots of changes needed here.

-Unlike other classes, they feel designed to their elite specs - relying on them to complete the class rather than open up interesting variants for it

I would give them 10-16 new skills that are not associated with any legend, then allow them to unslot one of their legends and have a "none" option which would grant them access to the 10-16 legend agnostic skills they could customize their skill bar with. This would mean that, if you like the Revenant how it is now, nothing would need to change for you, but if you're one of the many people who don't - you'd have a lot of new things to play around with.

Surely revenant? As it stands it feels like a class still in beta. Interesting concept, and I love playing rev, but damn does it need some work.

The energy system is a clunky mess, the profession is missing a whole lot of functionality, there is barely any customisability etc Its a no brainer.

I think some extra utilities per stance and some general invocation utilities would help with customisation and variation. And some F-skills to provide some flavour, and perhaps provide some needed functionality. And I think maybe the traits need work to improve synergy and provide more playstyles.

> @Einlanzer.1627 said:

> Pretty much anyone who's played multiple classes and is being honest with themselves should be able to say with little hesitation the correct answer here - Revenant is the sloppiest _by far_ in terms of execution, and the one that would most benefit from a real rework. It's frustrating because it's an awesome concept for a unique class, it just needed a lot more time in development than it got.

>

> Most other classes are fine and at most may need overhauls to some of their skill types (mesmer mantras are still pretty lackluster, for example), but nothing like the updates Revs needs.

>

> -They are about 20 skills behind other classes. Variety is important in an MMO.

> -Their weapon swap feels like a poor band-aid that was tacked on in a futile attempt to address more underlying problems with their gameplay fluidity

> -They have severely restricted customization, which is terrible in an MMO

> -They uniquely lack a profession attribute.

> -They are even more restricted underwater than other professions

> -Their weapons and legends are hogtied to specific roles with little hybridization or synergy, limiting the value of weapon and legend swapping

> -Their energy mechanic is clunky and seems to only serve the purpose of forcing the player to legend swap in spite of the above point.

> -Jalis is not terribly useful, Ventari is too tablet focused, and Power is too dependent on the boring Impossible Odds. Lots of changes needed here.

> -Unlike other classes, they feel designed to their elite specs - relying on them to complete the class rather than open up alternate pathways for it

I am completely in agreement. Rev is pretty much the only profession in dire need of a rework.

Revenant

1. Grounding

- Scaning through his entire traits and removing every copy-cat ability stolen from the original classes. Most of the old classes would receive their abilities back, added/replacing some minor traits in core-traitlines.

- Removing the facet of nature. (this alone was the only real reason the revenant was viable anyway, buffbot!)

- The upkeep mechanic in its current form has to go as well.

- Hammer, the most powerful melee weapon in the entire game ranged? Nope!

- Weaponswap? Nope!

2. Reconfiguration of the Legendary and Trait mechanic

- There are only traits of selectable legendaries. Those boost the legendaries when used and boost passives.

- Three legendaries can be selected and swaped through out combat.

- Every legendary grants a permanent passive buff to the group depending on its core mechanic (e.g. dwarf = toughness, shyrio = precision, ventari = healing power, dragon = power, ...), while in combat. Stat increase is equal to other existing buffs of other classes.

- The traits of the removed trait lines, which were no copy-cat-abilities, are spread among the remaining/new ones, according to their core abilities. E.g. Dwarf trait line would get the reflection ability when using a healing skill. Or Ventari the passive for cleansing conditions upon swaping legendaries.

3. Weapons and Elite

- Weapons would be limited to 4 on the core-class. Onehanded sword dual option (left right for damage), mace dual option (left right for conditions), hammer for tanking and closer range and shortbow for long-range.

- The first elite specialization would grant access to the spear/polearm weapon. It can use the skills the staff has right now. I would keep the condi-cleanse ability and make it a condition-weapon with thrust moves that cause poison+bleed and can be traited to cause torment in addition.

- The second elite specialization would grant access to the rifle weapon. 1200 range. Skill 1 would be a charge shot, doing more damage the longer the button is hold. Auto-attacking causes short shots. Skill 2 would cause the player to teleport to left and right several times, always shooting the target and so evading attacks. Skill 3 causes the rifle to malfunction, cooldown on all skills 3 seconds but 6 might-stacks to the entire group (duration 15 seconds). So the revenant can still be a buffbot, but for the sacrifice of all the damage this time. Skill 4 does an automatic charged shot that causes a blastfinisher at the player, a projectile finisher (100%) on its way and another blastfinisher on impact, causing only burning conditions (see purity of purpose, gyro nerf). Skill 5 would be the character cursing at his weapon throwing it against the enemy, causing a powerful ranged CC.

4. Upkeep mechanic

- Upkeep and weapon-skills are no longer tied together. So it only influences utility skills.

- Trait option in shyrio-trait-line to increase upkeep gain when endurance is full.

- Elite grant an additional boost in effects when upkeep is at 100%.

- Ventari elite can full heal the entire group, when upkeep is at 100% but has a cooldown of 180 seconds. As long as upkeep is lower, cooldown is only 30 seconds and the group-heal is half the % of the upkeep. E. g. if you are at 80% upkeep and use the elite, the group is healed for 40%.

- Dwarf elite can create a dome of immortality for 10 seconds that prevents damage, if upkeep is at 100% - cooldown 180 seconds. As long as upkeep is lower, every 20% grant an attack-block to your party. E.g. if you are at 80% (= 4x20%), your partymembers block the next incoming four attacks.

- Shiryo elite grants quickness to your allies for 10 seconds, if upkeep is at 100% - cooldown 180 seconds. As long as upkeep is lower, every 20% of grant 1 second evasion buff to your party. E. g. if you are at 80% (=4x20%), your partymembers gain 4 seconds of evasion.

- Dragon elite grants 5 stacks of stability and doubles the passives-buff for 15 seconds when upkeep is at 100%. As it is an elite-elite, you will be unable to select the dragon-legendary for 2 minutes after that thing is launched. Which means no damage passive buff. So it is only good for a real final blast, or if your group is made of 5 revenants, which I'd like to see ^^. If upkeep is lower, each 10 % of your upkeep grants one stack of stability and one might-stack with a duration of 10 seconds.

- Mallyx elite grants resistance for 15 seconds and causes the next 5 attacks of your allies to cause bleeding (base duration 5 seconds) when upkeep is at 100%. When upkeep is lower, for every 10% upkeep your allies convert 1 condition into a boon. If it is a stacked condition, you receive a stacked boon. This should make this skill excellent for tactical uses and change the cleanse asap mentality (*waving at necromancers*). The condition <-> boon replacement follows a strict list and is not random.

- Renegade elite causes a pact airship to fly across the battlefield, it throws out a searing-cauldron granting a large blast aoe with good damage and a pulsing fire-field (range 1200) for 10 seconds - if upkeep is at 100%. Again elite-elite, so you won't be able to use the legendary for 2 minutes. If upkeep is lower, for every 10% of upkeep, you spawn a charr engineer with a different attack:

10% - charr with a motar, shooting a motar shell that causes a pulsing fire field

20% - charr with charrzooka, rapid firing rockets at the target

30% - charr engineer throwing a barrage of grenades at the target

40% - charr-tank rolls over the enemy

50% - charr-tank shoots a motar shell on the enemy

60% - charr-engineer opens a ghost-trap (see AC P2), releasing an ascalonian wizard to cast an AoE (blue fire) on the enemy

70% - charr-engineer opens a ghost-trap, releasing an ascalonian commander with a trebuchet

80% - charr-engineer opens a ghost-trap, giant graveling appears, engineer runs away, graveling digs and spawns below the enemy, causing a large aoe knockdown

90% - charr-kid spawns with a slingshot, projectile bounces between all enemies 10 times, causing one stack of confusion on each impact and causes a blast-finisher on the last strike

- depending on the upkeep, the elite-skills have cooldowns. Every 5 % upkeep increase the cooldown by 5 seconds. It can be traited so the increase is only 4 seconds each step. Applies for all elite-skills which have no specific cooldowns listed.

I have to admit, it looks very very werid. But this would be at least unique and createive instead of the giant copy-cat we received. In its current state it is a mess and if it wasn't for the facet of nature and this ridiculous ferocity ... complete this sentence on your own, the result is always horrible.

I was one of the many players who got hyped on the revenant during the LS2. I had plans for creating it immediately on launch, prepared gear and tomes and everything. Unfortunately my computer crashed arround launch and I was not able to play the revenant. When I returned to the game, I was so disappointed. The dark knight turned into a jester. Most of the traits still seem like they belong to other classes and were just removed for the purpose of making the revenant viable. In the end, the utilties ended up to be so extremely powerful, that they had to tie the upkeep with the weapon-skills. We received the auto-attack metas, facet-of nature buffbot and press 1 while runing in circles. Turning a close-range combat weapon like a heavy hammer into a ranged weapon, with the 1200 range, because it is twohanded. I main engineer for nearly five years now. I still enjoy it as in my first days. The only class that ever tickeled me to switch was the revenant. The revenant could be so much more, unique and useful and even funny. It is just a huge disappointment.

Mesmer.

Illusions need to be looked into. Clones should be used for shatters and phantasms should be a seperate being (summon - like).

Mirage trait should get some bigger utility for group besides just own dps.

If this happened mesmer would only need 3rd spec to be power/healing and we would be fine.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> Hmm lets see.... Warrior, Theif, Ele, Necro, Mesmer, Guardian, Ranger. The only one that doesn't outside of Engi is the one with no choice in Revenant.

Well, I just counted 12 viable utilities on my core Engi, depending on situation and build. In other words, just because you think they suck, that doesn't mean other people think the same. :) Edit: I forgot to mention I'm not meta so I'm not narrow-minded when it comes to "viable" builds/skills.

> @StinVec.3621 said:

> > @Myhr.9108 said:

> > Aaaaw, no option to says "none, I think everything's ok." :(

>

> As the question was posed, a "none, everything is fine" option does not mean anything since you wouldn't change anything. The poll is for "if you _did_ want to change one, which one?", **not** "do any of them need changing or are you ok with things how they are?"

>

> Having a 'no I wouldn't change any of them' option is the same as simply not voting at all since the poll is targeted at those who _would_ change something. Knowing you wouldn't change anything means nothing in relation to this poll.

The question was if you COULD, not if you DID want to change.

Since it's a COULD, a valid option is "no, I wouldn't change any of them"

> @Mea.5491 said:

> I'm glad you're not an Anet dev. Leave my kits alone, I love them and I main (core) Engi with 3 kits. Either buff them or leave them alone.

To each their own for that. As the others have said, it is not perfect as you think it is. There are some flaws with it. I just don't see the point of even having weapons on it then when you barely use them. They are just stat sticks. Not to mention the actual skills for the weapons are too utility based. When I envision engi, I see someone that is using the actual weapons on his sides/back instead of some dumb kits. Holo did fine in my book, but the rest of the engi is awful imo.

Hands down mesmer needs a complete rework of it's mechanics, the sheer contradiction between illusions and shatters, as well as the temporary nature of illusions being tied to a single enemy, makes it seriously baffling to play as sometimes, and this is as someone who mains a mesmer. I don't ever use shatters unless it's for a killing blow or as a way to heal myself (I always have the heal on shatter inspiration line trait), and there are several design choices that rely on focusing on one aspect over the other and there's no escaping illusions even if you truly would rather not have them. I don't have an issue with the design intent, it's a cool idea in theory to conjure illusions and shatter them for benefits, but I don't think shatters should have been f1-f5 abilities (instead, each illusion should have it's own shatter related to the theme of the weapon), I absolutely feel the removal of clone-death traits was detrimental to the class and illusions should be able to swap targets and not die when the target dies. I don't know what i'd replace f1-f5 abilities with, and illusions themselves would need more balancing than just allowing them to swap targets (for example, make them last a short duration instead of how long the enemy lives or until shattered, with a decreasing benefit for shatters the longer they stay alive so that you don't simply shatter at the last moment to gain maximum benefit from shattering illusions), but I know that if i'd be given the opportunity to redesign the class, i'd do heavy reworks on their contradictory core mechanics. Mirage also has pretty obvious contradictions (mirror spawning to give mirage cloak is not cohesively designed, no matter how much I love the theme).

Next up is revenant. I actually know how I'd redesign it's mechanics:

First, make the entire skillbar affected by legends, not just the utility half. Weapon swap could be removed to allow more freedom in weapon design. Each legend would use the same weapon in different ways, for example Jallis would use the hammer as it's current ranged weapon implementation, while attuning to mallyx turns it into a melee condi spec. Each weapon provided to the revenant has at least one core legend able to use it as a ranged weapon (say jallis is the only legend that uses hammer at range, may mallyx use swords as ranged weapons by using them as magical foci or something like that, more thought can be put into what weapons are used etc.)

On the utility side, there's a selection of say four or five utility skills. Each utility skill is a specfic kind of skill (one is aoe, one is single target, one is upkeep, etc.) and that theme is altered depending on the class. If you picked jallis and mallyx, the aoe utility would swap between the jallis lightning road skill and mallyx leap dark aoe skill.

I'd also suggest having a "no legend" attunement, which has the more mist focused skills (and would be themed supportively instead of healing like ventari or tanky like jallis), so that we can simply channel mist magic separately from the legends and have a 5th adaptable skill type that changes weapons and utility skills. I don't think I'd change heal/elite skills simply because the variation of having 4-5 skills of each brings it above and beyond what other classes have, so limiting it to one each makes more sense.

This design would mean that every new weapon would have 4-5 different variations according to the old legends on top of the new variation, the utility skills wouldn't need to be more complicated, even with this design we can still introduce 1 heal, four utility and one elite skill per elite spec. the actual numbers would need tweaking about how many legends, how many utility skills etc. to see what works best, but I think that's in general how i'd redesign the revenant.

> @Mea.5491 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > Hmm lets see.... Warrior, Theif, Ele, Necro, Mesmer, Guardian, Ranger. The only one that doesn't outside of Engi is the one with no choice in Revenant.

>

> Well, I just counted 12 viable utilities on my core Engi, depending on situation and build. In other words, just because you think they suck, that doesn't mean other people think the same. :) Edit: I forgot to mention I'm not meta so I'm not narrow-minded when it comes to "viable" builds/skills.

That's nice, but i'd suggest you look at what viability is. There's 0 situation where a turret does anything better grenade kit doesn't. There's 0 situation where a turret is better than bomb kit. There's 0 situations where Gadgets are even remotely usable over any kit even our weakest in tool-kit. Oh and lets not even remotely forget that our only capable heal completely drowns out others to the point they may as well delete every other heal with have.

So, i'll end it like this. It's probably for the best that you take your own advice about balancing things, especially if you want to buff kits.