Named exotic for PoF Ascended collection avalibility

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > @LeSavage.1359 said:

> > > That doesnt change the fact that drop rate of those exotics is ultra low plus chances of getting the one u need makes it impossible to aquire, instead u are at mercy of other lucky players and how much money they want for it. Beside that, a "collection" that literally force u to buy item from trading post instead of doing open world/crafting or somehow working towards it is plain stupid. At the moment its: /map "looking for a guy who got my sword!"

> >

> > The collection doesn't require you to buy anything. The rares for it drop very often from yellow and green Unidentified Gear containers, as well as on their own as event rewards on occasion. I had five of them in the first day of playing PoF. So, do events and stuff in PoF.

> Completing the Elonian weapon collection gets you _one_ named Sunspear weapon, of the _six_ you need for the specialization collections. That's still roughly 3-400g of weapons you need to buy.

>

> Anet desperately needs to address this somehow. The easiest fix would just be making unlocking the sunspear skin count for the collection, allowing you to get it by crafting your own instead of paying out the nose on the TP or praying to the RNG (since the named Sunspear weapons drop all of never, and even if one does it's statistically more likely to be one that isn't needed for the collections).

"Very Often" They have a 1.5% drop rate from rare unidentified with 0% Magic Find... The math has been done several times at varying MF levels (300, 500, 1000%+ through pushing silverwastes buffs) that means that in 1000 Rares you are likely to get 15 total... this is of course highly RNG dependant, and there is VERY little gaurantee that you will actually get the specific one required for the collection you in particular are working on. Some people might get stupidly lucky and get 4 in 100, others might never get one in 1000... much like winning the lottery. 1.5%, that's it.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > Honestly, you're gettin an ascended weapon out of basically no work required. What do you expect? For it to be free? There has to be one expensive aspect of it. In this case it's the named exotic. Crafting a weapon would cost you a fair amount too. I do agree that they have to at least get that drop rate up a bit, it's kinda ridiculous, but they shouldn't be available everywhere.

> The sunspear weapons _not_ required for the collections are a fraction of the price, despite presumably having the same drop rate. The cost is entirely artificial and inflated.

Actually no, that's exactly how supply and demand work.

The weapons not needed for the collections are in way lower demand. Supply for all is likely the same.

Higher demand at same supply = higher cost.

> @Sindariel.2354 said:

> Problem isn't the drop rate, problem is that PoF is desolated.

> Desolated Content = no supply of content specific drops

>

> Supply was actually pretty high in the first 2-3 weeks, but now the supply goes down each day.

I disagree. I think the drop rate is the problem. I've managed to collect multiple copies of all the sunspear weapons, but not one of the named ones.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > @Sindariel.2354 said:

> > Problem isn't the drop rate, problem is that PoF is desolated.

> > Desolated Content = no supply of content specific drops

> >

> > Supply was actually pretty high in the first 2-3 weeks, but now the supply goes down each day.

>

> I disagree. I think the drop rate is the problem. I've managed to collect multiple copies of all the sunspear weapons, but not one of the named ones.

Sunspear weapons don't drop...

> @Sojourner.4621 said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > > @LeSavage.1359 said:

> > > > That doesnt change the fact that drop rate of those exotics is ultra low plus chances of getting the one u need makes it impossible to aquire, instead u are at mercy of other lucky players and how much money they want for it. Beside that, a "collection" that literally force u to buy item from trading post instead of doing open world/crafting or somehow working towards it is plain stupid. At the moment its: /map "looking for a guy who got my sword!"

> > >

> > > The collection doesn't require you to buy anything. The rares for it drop very often from yellow and green Unidentified Gear containers, as well as on their own as event rewards on occasion. I had five of them in the first day of playing PoF. So, do events and stuff in PoF.

> > Completing the Elonian weapon collection gets you _one_ named Sunspear weapon, of the _six_ you need for the specialization collections. That's still roughly 3-400g of weapons you need to buy.

> >

> > Anet desperately needs to address this somehow. The easiest fix would just be making unlocking the sunspear skin count for the collection, allowing you to get it by crafting your own instead of paying out the nose on the TP or praying to the RNG (since the named Sunspear weapons drop all of never, and even if one does it's statistically more likely to be one that isn't needed for the collections).

>

> "Very Often" They have a 1.5% drop rate from rare unidentified with 0% Magic Find... The math has been done several times at varying MF levels (300, 500, 1000%+ through pushing silverwastes buffs) that means that in 1000 Rares you are likely to get 15 total... this is of course highly RNG dependant, and there is VERY little gaurantee that you will actually get the specific one required for the collection you in particular are working on. Some people might get stupidly lucky and get 4 in 100, others might never get one in 1000... much like winning the lottery. 1.5%, that's it.

You can't even choose which one you get on top of that 1.5% drop rate.

Getting anything other than the named 6 exotic means you lost the lottery too.

And where did you get this statistic?

Is there someone showing it on youtube opening 1000 bags?

If not, the statistic you mentioned is worthless.

To me, this points out that the POF maps are not as active as they should be this close to the release of the expansion. The first few weeks there was tons of the precursors on the TP that drove the price down. Now however, we have learned that there isn't replayability in POF Maps so the availability isn't present on the TP.

> @Glacial.9516 said:

> Perhaps there should be a forge formula involving the crafted Sunspear weapon. Such as...

> - Sunspear weapon (~12g)

> - Rune of the [elite spec] (based on weapon, for classes that share a weapon both runes would work) (~2g)

> - 5 Mystic coins (~4.5g)

> - [item worth 500 trade contracts] (5g)

>

> Or something to that effect. (Prices based on the wiki and pile of trade contracts which sell for 1s each).

Or let us just craft them, since there are recipes available for the exact same, but unnamed, weapons. Why do they not count?

I don't think the shortage is just Halloween related. Has anyone actually gotten one of these as a drop? I know you can get one from 1 achievement, I wonder if that is the only source of those listed on the TP. It would not surprise me if they actually overlooked adding these to the drop table.

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> I don't think the shortage is just Halloween related. Has anyone actually gotten one of these as a drop? I know you can get one from 1 achievement, I wonder if that is the only source of those listed on the TP. It would not surprise me if they actually overlooked adding these to the drop table.

I got two or three as drops from chests and events.