Forum (EN) bug/issue - [Merged]

Have never had this before but currently when I open the forum (unlogged state) on English on my smartphone it says "no categories are found". In other languages it does display so it seems to be EN only. When I log in I do see everything but I usually do not log in when reading forums and F2P accounts probably have the same empty page. Unless its only on my side but I cannot test that atm. A fix would be appreciated, thanks :)

Same thing just happened to me on PC. While logged out the forums says no categories found and the "Latest Arenanet Posts" at the top show nothing. Everything seems fine while logged in.

I even tried the Windows 10 Edge browser and it's the same issue.

Edit: Can confirm. After logging out I switched to other languages and it seemed fine but the EN isn't working.

@"Aaralyna.3104" The forums are meant to be read by anybody when not logged in. F2P accounts wouldn't have any issues unless logged in and that is if there are any restrictions on forum access for them.

> @"Charrbeque.8729" said:

> @"Aaralyna.3104" The forums are meant to be read by anybody when not logged in. F2P accounts wouldn't have any issues unless logged in and that is if there are any restrictions on forum access for them.

Yes exactly. But they also will have this issue. The only thing is that F2P cannot have forum accounts as its the restriction for not having purchased the game so these players cannot login nor post. Which means they cannot access things like reading patch notes in English atm.

> @"Solace.3425" said:

> I just encountered the same issue. I never log in to just read the latest and was surprised I couldn't read the forums without logging in.

>

> Edit. I post the above message and then was leaving. As soon as I logged out the forum disappeared.

Do you still have the issue atm Solace? For me it solved by itself in noon (thus I changed the status to probably solved) but if you still have the issue then I will put it back as unsolved.

I first thought the board was hacked; glad this is not the case ^^.

Still, the forum should be read-able for non registered visitors. It is a great source of knowlege, news and entertainment.

If you try to access a thread with a direct link, you get moved to the login-page. Which indicates that the permission-rights were changed. Either accidentally done by an Administrator or Vanilla Forums directly (my guess).

The Language-Boards (French, German, Spanish) are still accessible. This promotes the mistake-answer. Accidently checked a checkbox.

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > @"Solace.3425" said:

> > I just encountered the same issue. I never log in to just read the latest and was surprised I couldn't read the forums without logging in.

> >

> > Edit. I post the above message and then was leaving. As soon as I logged out the forum disappeared.

>

> Do you still have the issue atm Solace? For me it solved by itself in noon (thus I changed the status to probably solved) but if you still have the issue then I will put it back as unsolved.

I just checked and it's still happening. I had to log in to even view the thread. After I post the comment, as soon as I log out to leave the screen immediately flips to the "no posts" screen you initially see when coming to the site.

I put its state back to not fixed as seemingly theres still a lot wrong.

I had the issue starting yesterday if that may be of any use for the forum team. Using Chrome browser.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" Maybe you can have a look at this forum issue or inform the ones in charge of the forum?

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > @"Charrbeque.8729" said:

>

> > @"Aaralyna.3104" The forums are meant to be read by anybody when not logged in. F2P accounts wouldn't have any issues unless logged in and that is if there are any restrictions on forum access for them.

>

> Yes exactly. But they also will have this issue. The only thing is that F2P cannot have forum accounts as its the restriction for not having purchased the game so these players cannot login nor post. Which means they cannot access things like reading patch notes in English atm.

Good point.

Forums are still bugged for me. I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Hopefully.

@"Charrbeque.8729" Ye, I thought it fixed yesterday when I checked on phone (only went to the overview page)... But noticed when I clicked further when I accessed on phone today that I was never logged off there yesterday lol. So it never was fixed.

It would indeed be nice if theres a fix soon or at least an acknowledgement from higher up (especially since the new patch comes out soon and patchnotes should be available for everyone).

might just be me but when clicking on the forums in the web site you have a message of no catagories on the forums page? no i figure others might have this problem or web site is down on the forums? only way i can see what is on the forums is by logging in to read the catagories that is out! hope this issue gets resolved soon and please be honest about your issues for this post

I encountered this today. I thought it might be an issue on my tablet (using Chrome and Safari), but once I got to my PC and signed out, I experienced the same thing in FireFox.

I generally like to scan the forums earlier in the day, before I get to my computer, to check on what's new in the gem store, any announcements, and whatever the big topics of the day seem to be. Since my forum password is de facto my game password, and I do not know for sure my tablet is secure for such purposes, I won't type my password into my tablet. So please fix this if possible.

(I'll still take this over the problems I'm having with the ESO forums, which also use the Vanilla platform. Those have gone freaking horrible with being unable to precisely read where the mouse cursor is, so you have to click many lines away from the thread or subforum you want to read. And then most of the time the thread won't fully load, cutting off mid post with a pile of blank space below. Those are pretty much unreadable right now. I really hope GW2's Vanilla doesn't go as screwy).