Quality of life suggestion : The Mounts wheel

kylian.5079

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

>Keybinds were fine when we had 4 mounts, but their number keeps increasing and it's getting more and more confusing. I use numbers in my numpad for the mounts, but not everyone uses a keyboard with numpad these days.

I use Shift+1 through Shift+8 so that I can still hit them with my left hand which leaves my right on my mouse. This also helps when I play on my Surface which doesn't have a number pad. Maybe that will help someone else?

> @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > There is a precedent when they saw a useful mod created by someone and made their own version for the game. Unfortunately, the real question is whether they'd monetize such a feature or not

>

>

> Precedent or not, relying on it happening is still being hopeful. A lot of us have switched to using keybinds if a third party app isn't the comfortable option, and that's what I would recommend as well. Having moved my movement keys to ESDF and action bar keys to all the keys surrounding it (weapon bar is XZAQW and utility is VBGTR) I have 1-7 on my keyboard open to mounts, no numpad required.

using 7 buttons for mounts is still too many. For something that you can do with a single press using the radial mount menu.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"kylian.5079" said:

> > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > @"kylian.5079" said:

> > >

> > > > Don't force it onto everyone, let people choose for themselves.

> > >

> > > I'm not forcing anything, I'm _suggesting_ as the title says. As for now I'm the one being forced to use the actual menu.

> > >

> > > On a side note, shortcuts are nice until you have none left or too annoyingly far to reach. I'll check out the add-on.

> > >

> > > @kharmin.7683 I tried to search this section but couldn't find it, even when using the search bar.

> >

> > You mean like how the deposit all and compact button change wasent forced upon everyone?

> > Dont kid yourself if anet implement this it will be forced on everyone.

> > Edit

> > And your not forced to use it use the third party app that some kind soul did to do just this.

>

> I never heard of 3rd party apps until quite recently and have never looked into them. I do not want to risk my account. Is there a list of A-Net approved 3rd party apps? If not - I will wait for the devs.

Here's information on API apps: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:Main

Here's some information on the GW2Radial:

_An ArenaNET-approvedTM addon to show a convenient, customizable radial menu overlay to select a mount, novelty item and more, on the fly, for Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire. This addon is compatible with the Windows client only; it will not work with the Mac client._

Approval: