[Poll] what's in store for Thief?

MatyrGustav.6210

I know Dual Sword Assassin is basically expected at this point, but what if a magical Thief was implemented? What if it was given A Scepter and was called Shadowmancer with Shadow magic? Or even a Greatsword with teleporting strikes that would be called an Infiltrator? Or even a Mace, with confusion called a Burglar. So many options.

We have a melee spec, a ranged spec, but not really a full magic spec. I dunno what are your thoughts?

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I certainly hope for an Assassin speak that replaces Stealth application with a defensive boon and off-hand sword.

>

> If Arenanet refuses to replace stealth, I hope Arenanet will not make it resemble GW1's Assassin and will not give it that name.

Yes I feel as though there are enough stealth mechanics to select from in core Thief. I hope if its Assassin that its moveset doesn't involve stealth.

> @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I certainly hope for an Assassin speak that replaces Stealth application with a defensive boon and off-hand sword.

> >

> > If Arenanet refuses to replace stealth, I hope Arenanet will not make it resemble GW1's Assassin and will not give it that name.

>

> Yes I feel as though there are enough stealth mechanics to select from in core Thief. I hope if its Assassin that its moveset doesn't involve stealth.

I meant that even the Stealth parts of Core Thief get converted into said defensive boon.

It ought to be part of the first minor trait.

If they make Assassin the next Thief elite specialization, it ought to have no access to Stealth **at all.**

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > I certainly hope for an Assassin speak that replaces Stealth application with a defensive boon and off-hand sword.

> > >

> > > If Arenanet refuses to replace stealth, I hope Arenanet will not make it resemble GW1's Assassin and will not give it that name.

> >

> > Yes I feel as though there are enough stealth mechanics to select from in core Thief. I hope if its Assassin that its moveset doesn't involve stealth.

>

> I meant that even the Stealth parts of Core Thief get converted into said defensive boon.

> It ought to be part of the first minor trait.

> If they make Assassin the next Thief elite specialization, it ought to have no access to Stealth **at all.**

Ohhh. That would be interesting.

One thing thief lacks is versatility especially in pve. Outside of boon thief and speciality roles in raid they don't bring anything truly unique to a party. A torch would give them the ability to burn their enemies but also to generate bonfires that could work like wells to give boons/healing other support effects. Offhand sword no matter how popular an idea would not really expand anything for the thief and still just leaves it as a melee power dps for the most part.

> @"Psykewne.3025" said:

> One thing thief lacks is versatility especially in pve. Outside of boon thief and speciality roles in raid they don't bring anything truly unique to a party. A torch would give them the ability to burn their enemies but also to generate bonfires that could work like wells to give boons/healing other support effects. Offhand sword no matter how popular an idea would not really expand anything for the thief and still just leaves it as a melee power dps for the most part.

Would love a heal/support thief with Wells. Thief really needs a support spec.