What is your Favorite Jumping Puzzle?

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > The Silverwastes one.

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > I love jumping puzzles. In fact, I get excited when one appears on the daily list.

> >

> > Me too as it's usually "easy" due to ports.

>

> I don't use lazy ports. I actually run the jumping puzzle. I like them. :)

After completing them once, I just want them done quickly.

There's very few I find fun as I have no problem with actual platforming. The way many of these "puzzles" are done is having very weird boxes and invisible walls on certain platforms which honestly sounds like a "just program however you want and if it's passable... even through just jumping around like an idiot because if you stand still you would slide off... so be it."

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> None of the above. My fave, even though it drove me insane for the better part of a year after it came out, is Not So Secret. And Skipping Stones. It's grown on me.

Same here. I hated Not So Secret for so long because I found it so incredibly difficult. I'd failed at the goggles dive so many times, and I would get so extremely frustrated at missing the dive after all that effort of getting to the top, that by the time I actually completed it successfully, I left my mesmer parked there for a week offering portals to anyone I could find. I used to port that JP partially as a way of helping others bypass the frustration I had endured, and partially as a way of "showing the JP who's boss," so to speak.

Nowadays I like to speedrun it as fast as possible just for funsies. I still port NSS pretty often but mostly it's just because I find myself hanging out there, watching as others try and work their way though. One port for one person leads to announcing in map chat that you're porting, leads to posting a LFG offering free ports to other JP's... leads to me running JP's the rest of the night. It's good times.

Skipping stones had the same effect on me as above, only not quite so pronounced. It only took me a few days of frustration, versus weeks. B-)

My new favorite is Abaddon's Ascent in Siren's Landing. It has a good mix of standard platforming and exploration/finding the right route, with enough safe spots so even if you fail a jump you don't have to redo too much. It took a while to finish the first time, but it was so, so satisfying without being pull-out-my-hair-out-of-frustration difficult.

Before AA, I loved the Drydock Scratch, as well as Not So Secret. After running all my alts to the end chest to farm daily blade shards, I got familiar with the quirks of the launch pads and came to really enjoy it.