Need Help with Choosing a WvW server [EU]

Dragneel.7389

Hi guys,

I got the game in march and went through the content, got the skyscale and did the DRMs and finally made a small guild for people in my timezone. We have decided to move a server for doing WvW content. We need the help of WvW players as I am new to WvW to help me choose a server.

We are mainly

English speaking and

our timezone is not in the active time of EU.

We would like to join a server with good small fights and for roaming as duos or trios.

Please suggest some. Thanks in advance and Happy gaming B)

The illustration (below) is only for your help and orientation and is the current state and status (population) of the respective servers. The chart may look different next week, after the weekly update.

If you take a closer look at the illustration, you will find basically all the information (without going into further detail) you need to make a choice. The list also shows the "language". If no language is indicated, these are usually "international" servers. In other words, on these servers "English is often or usually spoken", but it does not have to be!

![](https://i.imgur.com/LkPr9Ac.png "")

Further information (in general) can be found here, see: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> That chart may actually look different within hours because of bandwagons.

Thank you for the [MEME], sorry, i meant the hint, and true. **BUT that is not the point.** A player who is apparently or obviously new to WvW wants to be helped. And in order to help him, he or she should understand the basic or underlying system (open minded, unbiased). Everything else comes afterwards ... one way, this or another. :) And the chart will not look any different until it is officially updated (which is usually done weekly). The fact that "populations" will be moving until then is not necessarily relevant to his concern (initially).

> @"Metzie.3012" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > That chart may actually look different within hours because of bandwagons.

>

> Thank you for the [MEME], sorry, i meant the hint, and true. **BUT that is not the point.** A player who is apparently or obviously new to WvW wants to be helped. And in order to help him, he or she should understand the basic or underlying system (open minded, unbiased). Everything else comes afterwards ... one way, this or another. :) And the chart will not look any different until it is officially updated (which is usually done weekly). The fact that "populations" will be moving until then is not necessarily relevant to his concern (initially).

While being open minded is important, if they transfer prior to the bandwagon, based on activity, and that bandwagon leaves the server they moved to, they get stuck on a dead link. Waiting until the aftermath, if they are determined to transfer, at least they get a few weeks of decent play.

Well small scale fights are kinda dead but lot of movement towards Ring of Fire from what I have seen. Holding and being capable of attacking SM is very important for small groups on off-hours.

Expect it to be high or very high monday evening, when pop update happens, onwards so better transfer fast.

> @"Dragneel.7389" said:

> Should I wait until Monday then?

Well, regardless of the re-linking, there are basically not many reasons why you should wait. You could, so to say, use the current status or the chart (see above) for orientation (superficially). One reason, however, would be that if you want to transfer today (as an example), you won't get any pips for the coming week + the following week (until Friday, next reset).

---

Wiki: After transferring to a different world, you will be unable to earn any pips until WvW has reset twice. This means a maximum wait of 14 days and a minimum wait of 8 days until you are able to earn pips again. Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

---

Considering and following the "re-linking", there is first of all some chaos. Many players (so called Bandwagoners) transfer to other servers. The day of relinking, including the following days or the weekend, is also the time of the "locusts", so to say. If you want to include this in your decision, then wait until the graphic is updated. As far as I know the update usually takes place from Monday to Tuesday.

See also: [Match-making and Server Linking](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World#Match-making_and_Server_Linking)