(y r u running?) The state of this class in WvW

katniss.6735

I started playing again late of this year. I have 8000+ hours on this Ele. I don't play other classes.

I play assassin staff dps weaver with the utmost ease. For dagger/focus, however, I've tried numerous runes/armor combinations (full legendary gear/weaps/jewellery) versus Condi rev/condi war, but they put out damage so fast that I can't even stand anywhere near them. People who play everyday tell me that you need to keep 900 range from revs, and I assume that's how it works for condi warrior, too. Thus a D/F ele support healer can't do anything at all besides run away. If I stay and try to tank I will quickly run out of defensive cds and not be able to get rid of the 3 stacks of torment that somehow do 10k damage for no reason whatsoever. I don't want to see a condi rev/war and think "lolbroken" and run away as a general rule. I think everyone pretty much thinks revs are busted. A condi warrior takes no damage while dealing huge damage. Incredibly frustrating. I feel like anet likes doing stuff like that to make people not want to play at all. I certainly don't want to play D/F anymore.

The problem is the low stack condis doing so much damage, then repeatedly apply more applications after cleansing them.

Ranger seems to have a lot more cc now, too. I noticed some posts about people saying it's an unwinnable fight, but I think weaver with fire and/or air elementals is the way to do that. I'm starting to think that weaver is the only thing I should ever play when not in a group or I'll just be dead.

Everyone is playing the most obnoxious cc/condi/mobility. Only fresh air weaver is anywhere close to enough mobility and damage to do anything and it's all at the expensive of a never-get-hit playstyle.

I don't play warrior, revenant, or ranger (the only 3 classes I don't have lol) so I don't know too much about their skills, but I suggest, as a general rule, to not use focus if you're not playing in a group. Mobility is very important to roamers, so D/D or S/D should work better.

Also about playing only weaver, fresh air weaver definitely has the most mobility out of all ele builds, with 6 seconds of superspeed, but give tempest a shot. If you can avoid getting outnumbered it could just maybe provide the non-never-get-hit playstyle that you're searching for.

Just stay away from core ele. Not even worth trying.