irl kill threat

garkos.2973

> @garkos.2973 said:

> i know they can t be taken seriously as they probably come from 10 yo kid, but making a threat to kill someone in real life can get you banned right?

If someone threatens you as a person (not your character), definitely report it to Anet. Blocking them is not enough - you don't know if they will threaten other people also, so Anet should also have a chance to deal with them.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> If someone threatens you as a person (not your character), definitely report it to Anet. Blocking them is not enough - you don't know if they will threaten other people also, so Anet should also have a chance to deal with them.

**This.**

Definitely report them, and if the threat sounded severe and you have proof, consider asking ANet for the player's real name and address and call the police. Such threats are not to be taken lightly. There was a case in another game where someone raged and made death threats, then cyberstalked the person for months, found out where they lived, and went to their place and killed them for real.

Depending on what was said, I would take it seriously. If it was just one line of raging nonsense, reporting the person should be sufficient.

> @savacli.8172 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > how are they going to kill you? they don’t even know who you are

>

> Regardless of the seriousness or the tactic anytime someone threatens you at the irl level that's an immediate flag to send a report.

tbh, i feel like death threats are less of an issue when compared to the more prevalent ‘kill yourself’

like, the chance of some salty gw2 player being able to track me down & kill me is so small. would have to be like Liam Neeson for real.

but on the other hand, encountering depressed mmo players, or just mmo players w low self esteem & encouraging them to kill themselves is much more likely to produce results. eh, just my thoughts on the matter

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > If someone threatens you as a person (not your character), definitely report it to Anet. Blocking them is not enough - you don't know if they will threaten other people also, so Anet should also have a chance to deal with them.

>

> **This.**

>

> Definitely report them, and if the threat sounded severe and you have proof, consider asking ANet for the player's real name and address and call the police. Such threats are not to be taken lightly. There was a case in another game where someone raged and made death threats, then cyberstalked the person for months, found out where they lived, and went to their place and killed them for real.

>

> Depending on what was said, I would take it seriously. If it was just one line of raging nonsense, reporting the person should be sufficient.

Well said x2 :+1: :+1:

> @Westenev.5289 said:

> Well, I mean, there IS always the possibility that the 10 year old in question has a Death Note. But the chances of that is so remote, I wouldn't worry too much. Someone's clearly having a bad day, but that's really not your problem! The Ignore list is there for a reason! B)

But then the 10 year old in question. Would need your name and face. At the very least your face if they've made the eye deal. :cold_sweat:

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > If someone threatens you as a person (not your character), definitely report it to Anet. Blocking them is not enough - you don't know if they will threaten other people also, so Anet should also have a chance to deal with them.

> >

> > **This.**

> >

> > Definitely report them, and if the threat sounded severe and you have proof, consider asking ANet for the player's real name and address and call the police. Such threats are not to be taken lightly. There was a case in another game where someone raged and made death threats, then cyberstalked the person for months, found out where they lived, and went to their place and killed them for real.

> >

> > Depending on what was said, I would take it seriously. If it was just one line of raging nonsense, reporting the person should be sufficient.

>

> Well said x2 :+1: :+1:

Was this over some Eve Online drama. Because that's what this sounded like.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > > > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > > If someone threatens you as a person (not your character), definitely report it to Anet. Blocking them is not enough - you don't know if they will threaten other people also, so Anet should also have a chance to deal with them.

> > >

> > > **This.**

> > >

> > > Definitely report them, and if the threat sounded severe and you have proof, consider asking ANet for the player's real name and address and call the police. Such threats are not to be taken lightly. There was a case in another game where someone raged and made death threats, then cyberstalked the person for months, found out where they lived, and went to their place and killed them for real.

> > >

> > > Depending on what was said, I would take it seriously. If it was just one line of raging nonsense, reporting the person should be sufficient.

> >

> > Well said x2 :+1: :+1:

>

> Was this over some Eve Online drama. Because that's what this sounded like.

i'm not sure, still need to be taken serious

I just don't understand people. I play games. I'd call myself a gamer. I've played mmo's for about 10 years and first person shooters for 3 years before that. I have never understood how people can get so passionate about a game that they say "go kill yourself" or make death threats. I just don't get it.

I like games as much as most other people on the forums I'm sure. I get upset when I see teammates doing stupid stuff. But I don't rage and scream and call down death and destruction on the people that annoy me.

I'd never do that in real life where people's stupidity can actually affect you or hurt you. So, why in the world would I do it in a game. Even when I was younger I didn't do that. I'd jump up and shout with excitement if I made a good play. Might have talked a little smack for fun, but making real life threats like that isn't funny or okay. Doesn't matter if they can carry it out or not. That is irrelevant. Rational people don't even joke about that stuff.