A World of Warcarft Shaman like build

Cheshire King.6970

• 3 weeks later...

I'm comming back to gw2 for a leave of 2 years more or less, and lately I was maining shaman in wow so when came back to gw2 I try elemental since its the closest to shaman. I saw this I wanted to try it but I'm not 80 yet.

Btw it would be great for the new exp to give ele some sort of totem or banner skills like warrior's

Also I was wondering since I can't tank with my shaman, can I cant with my ele? Is it possible/viable?

> @"javier.9786" said:

> I'm comming back to gw2 for a leave of 2 years more or less, and lately I was maining shaman in wow so when came back to gw2 I try elemental since its the closest to shaman. I saw this I wanted to try it but I'm not 80 yet.

> Btw it would be great for the new exp to give ele some sort of totem or banner skills like warrior's

> Also I was wondering since I can't tank with my shaman, can I cant with my ele? Is it possible/viable?

There's no real "tanking" here. The closest thing GW2 has are raid encounters where the boss just fixates on whoever has the most toughness stat. But you can build tanky with any class, including ele. For example, here's a clip of the Verdant Brink boss trio done solo on sword weaver:

That's the more traditionally "tanky" version of the build, relying on barrier and stability/stunbreak to survive the frequent CC + burst in this fight. I rarely run that, however, as it's unnecessary. A better strategy in most encounters is to use the powerful defensive kit on sword/focus to outright avoid most of the damage. In this clip I only get hit twice. I happen to be using tanky stats, but they're a complete waste in this case.

I'm still going toe-to-toe with a boss that can kill me in a matter of seconds. But since she isn't able to touch me, that doesn't matter!

:open_mouth:

I just got lv 80 and unlock tempest, still don't feel like I get the class core mechanics/rotations/understanding xD tomorrow I'll unlock weaver and would totaly try your builds, also, awsome knowing about the encounters, I suck at dodging xD completed darksouls but suck at dodging :lol:

Ah! I, also, feel like elemental is realy, like realy soft, I spend a lot of time on the ground trying not to die :cry: