Idea: Next expansion, Norn centric Northern Shiverpeaks story. Braham villain?

So i had an idea for the next expansion, will try to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

So after PoF, we know that the next Living Story season will deal with Kralkatorrik. So my idea is that near the end of the LS, AFTER dealing with the crystal dragon, there's a huge rumble in the world and Taimi tells us that there's an energy spike in the Northern Shiverpeaks.

We then get a message from Rox saying that Braham found a group of wild Norn who didn't flee south and have been fighting Jormag all this time, and they helped him find Jormag and kill it in it's sleep.

These Norn are fanatics, all they know is fighting dragons and their minions, so they convince Braham to gather the rest of them into the first Norn army the world has seen, then lead a campaign to kill all of the rest of the dragons. When our PC attempts to explain to Braham that the dragons can't be killed, he refuses it, saying that we've been brainwashed and are in league with the dragons, using our relationship with Aurene as an example.

The main story of the expansion would be us, The Commander, allied with the races of Tyria, defending Aurene and the southern world from Braham and the first Norn army the world has seen. With the setting being the far Northern Shiverpeaks.

So that's my idea, if this is in the wrong place, please guide me to the right place and I'd love to hear feedback on the concept.

I really don't think that we will "deal" with Kralkatorrik and end that chapter during the LS.

And I don't want to have to deal with that whiny, annoying and overall pretty uninteresting character Braham ever again, especially not as the main antagonist of an entire expansion.

It would also be terribly close to what we got with PoF. A villain that goes mental and wants to fight an elder dragon and we have to stop him.

Pls not.

Ever since LWS3 and finding out the story of PoF. I'm expecting, hoping, and anticipating LWS4 to be Braham related.

Kralkatorrik wreaking havoc, and Braham on his crusade to stop Jormag. Blinded by grief and vengence, Braham gets in over his head - as he always does - and gets himself and "Destiny's Edge" corrupted by Jormag. His rage focused on blaming The Commander for his mother's loss.

I just hope I get to kill Braham. Somewhat because he's voiced by Sam Reigel, one of my favorite VA's from Critical Role, but also because he's a little kitten and I dislike that we got him over keeping Eir. She was everything he's not and I supremely dislike his character.

No redemption!

Playing through season 3 on some alts reminded me how much I hate Braham, and how much I hate not being in control of how my player character acts. I hope in Season 4 some random npc in Hoelbrek just casually mentions that Braham got run over by a dolyak and died. Then the player character can mutter "thank god" under their breath and Braham is never mentioned again.

I should be writing for Anet.

i just want some really nice nordic environments with armor and weapons to collect.

my interest has always bin with the nordic mythology and if Anet can make a wonderful expansion with that as a base line it would be my favorite area, if possible an area similar to how the map of skyrim looks like.

plenty of snowy mountains, small dungeons/caves and plenty of side mysteries to solve within the nordic nature.

> @Karmapolice.4193 said:

> Playing through season 3 on some alts reminded me how much I hate Braham, and how much I hate not being in control of how my player character acts. I hope in Season 4 some random npc in Hoelbrek just casually mentions that Braham got run over by a dolyak and died. Then the player character can mutter "thank god" under their breath and Braham is never mentioned again.

> I should be writing for Anet.

give you options to how to react, such as "wish i could have seen it happen"

Braham will be a villain like Kylo Ren :lol:

Instead i think it will be something like

1. Braham whine and decide to pursue his own path

2. Braham to achieve his goal put in danger many peoples, rox included.

3. At the end he'll find himself powerless ( or worst, stupid and fool ).

4. He will try to make it right at first alone, and then with Dragon's Watch ( which will manage, with the power of friendship, to take him back ).

5. I doubt he's going to sacrifice or die, cause it carries Eir's Legacy, and would be bad for story. Rox's Death instead could be the reason Braham will find himself again

6. Not sure if he will eventually join Dragon's Watch or prefer to wander alone and help ( Canach now is part of the guild, so maybe an outsiders could be a good idea ).

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> Braham will be a villain like Kylo Ren :lol:

> Instead i think it will be something like

>

> 1. Braham whine and decide to pursue his own path

> 2. Braham to achieve his goal put in danger many peoples, rox included.

> 3. At the end he'll find himself powerless ( or worst, stupid and fool ).

> 4. He will try to make it right at first alone, and then with Dragon's Watch ( which will manage, with the power of friendship, to take him back ).

> 5. I doubt he's going to sacrifice or die, cause it carries Eir's Legacy, and would be bad for story. Rox's Death instead could be the reason Braham will find himself again

> 6. Not sure if he will eventually join Dragon's Watch or prefer to wander alone and help ( Canach now is part of the guild, so maybe an outsiders could be a good idea ).

Rox will die, and Frostbite will then bite brahams head off

> @EdSammon.1750 said:

> So i had an idea for the next expansion, will try to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

>

> So after PoF, we know that the next Living Story season will deal with Kralkatorrik. So my idea is that near the end of the LS, AFTER dealing with the crystal dragon, there's a huge rumble in the world and Taimi tells us that there's an energy spike in the Northern Shiverpeaks.

>

> We then get a message from Rox saying that Braham found a group of wild Norn who didn't flee south and have been fighting Jormag all this time, and they helped him find Jormag and kill it in it's sleep.

>

> These Norn are fanatics, all they know is fighting dragons and their minions, so they convince Braham to gather the rest of them into the first Norn army the world has seen, then lead a campaign to kill all of the rest of the dragons. When our PC attempts to explain to Braham that the dragons can't be killed, he refuses it, saying that we've been brainwashed and are in league with the dragons, using our relationship with Aurene as an example.

>

> The main story of the expansion would be us, The Commander, allied with the races of Tyria, defending Aurene and the southern world from Braham and the first Norn army the world has seen. With the setting being the far Northern Shiverpeaks.

>

> So that's my idea, if this is in the wrong place, please guide me to the right place and I'd love to hear feedback on the concept.

While I was totally prepared to talk about how boring Norn are and how despicable Braham is and how uninteresting ice maps results to me... your idea is not bad at all. It may be a bit repetitive, after Balty's same behavior, but IMO Braham and the Norn as villains COULD actually save the character and the race from their current dullness, through a more personal and culturally involved strategy. Emphasis on "COULD", though. So I'll give you a +1.

How about he gets corrupted and jormag, having FINALLY caught on that mortals can kill the dragons (we're two in and still none of them treat us like even a tiny threat. I don't expect them to fear us, but responding to our presence would be a wise move of them). Anyway he purposefully uses braham as a high level minion mess with us and we end up killing him towards the end of the expansion

> Playing through season 3 on some alts reminded me how much I hate Braham, and how much I hate not being in control of how my player character acts. I hope in Season 4 some random npc in Hoelbrek just casually mentions that Braham got run over by a dolyak and died. Then the player character can mutter "thank god" under their breath and Braham is never mentioned again.

PRAISE JOKO FOR THIS GLORIOUS MERCY WE HAVE BEEN GRANTED!

I sincerely doubt Braham or any member of Dragon's Watch will ever be in real mortal peril, just as i also doubt that Braham will ever be used in such a sloppy narrative as to be evil. Confused, Dejected, Isolated sure...But not evil that's a bridge too far for someone whose end-goal is living upto and surpassing the ideals of his mother.

I have the same feelings about Anet's version of Wesley Crusher, Taimi. The sooner we can kill off that know-it-all plot device the better off we'll all be.

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> I'd say that there's already too much focus on Norns.

Funny, funny joke mate!

Just compare how rarely Jormag is mentioned as being a threat or nuisance in contrast to the other Elder Dragons. Or just mentioned at all.

If anything, there's _extremely little_ focus on the plight of the Norns and Jormag.

I have never understood the hate Braham gets. He's a cool guy through S1 and 2, goes through some major emotional upheaval in HoT, and is understandably upset during S3. Yeah, it sucks that they fridged Eir--possibly the only likable member of Destiny's Edge--but the grief he feels combined with the fact that he's always felt like he's lived in her shadow make the way he does things now make sense. He's trying to live up to her legend, trying to give Norns hope that they haven't had in a long time, barely holding it together... and then the Commander goes and tells him he won't be having his vengeance, won't be able to give those Norns hope after all because of an inconclusive theory of Taimi's. Decades of effort by multiple heroes to try and just CHIP the tooth, and the moment the spark of something good happening it's immediately snuffed out because we have to save the dragons massacring everyone now.

Braham may be acting bull headed, but I have to defend Anet's writing for once here.