Couple of Core PvP Builds

FrownyClown.8402

• 2 weeks later...

Nice builds. I tried core D/D for a few months not too long ago. Fun but difficult for sustain. I would try Renewing stamina over arcane restoration, especially since you're relying on dodges for cleanse/heal.

I've been using this build and have been easily defeating Reapers, DH's, thieves, rangers, etc. The constant burns are killer.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwuYZMF2JOSPnLNA-zZp8MiUCkvCwtDA

You're always crit'ing, applying burns, gaining might and prot, and cleanses are easy to come by. Signet of fire is the bread and butter of this build. Got to plat pretty easily.

> @"Stallic.2397" said:

> Nice builds. I tried core D/D for a few months not too long ago. Fun but difficult for sustain. I would try Renewing stamina over arcane restoration, especially since you're relying on dodges for cleanse/heal.

>

> I've been using this build and have been easily defeating Reapers, DH's, thieves, rangers, etc. The constant burns are killer.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwuYZMF2JOSPnLNA-zZp8MiUCkvCwtDA

>

> You're always crit'ing, applying burns, gaining might and prot, and cleanses are easy to come by. Signet of fire is the bread and butter of this build. Got to plat pretty easily.

Yep. I figured my uptime from cantrips was enough.

Signets are great. Wizards might be a better choice though. Its hard to run signets with 1 stunbreak though. Water signet is good with -condi duration runes. If cele amulet was still a thing i could see a full signet build working.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > @"Stallic.2397" said:

> > Nice builds. I tried core D/D for a few months not too long ago. Fun but difficult for sustain. I would try Renewing stamina over arcane restoration, especially since you're relying on dodges for cleanse/heal.

> >

> > I've been using this build and have been easily defeating Reapers, DH's, thieves, rangers, etc. The constant burns are killer.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwuYZMF2JOSPnLNA-zZp8MiUCkvCwtDA

> >

> > You're always crit'ing, applying burns, gaining might and prot, and cleanses are easy to come by. Signet of fire is the bread and butter of this build. Got to plat pretty easily.

>

> Yep. I figured my uptime from cantrips was enough.

>

> Signets are great. Wizards might be a better choice though. Its hard to run signets with 1 stunbreak though. Water signet is good with -condi duration runes. If cele amulet was still a thing i could see a full signet build working.

Yeah, wizard might work with rune of the thief to keep the precision high. Burning precision is really good, even just to bait cleanses. Signet of air and arcane shield are actually good combo. Both have relatively low cds for stunbreaks. Plus the constant evades from fire and earth 3 help with survivability

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwuYYsM2JOqPnpcA-zZwKBpHA

>

> This build looks like it would be op on paper.

I feel like water is good with the elites. They complement each other. But on core it feels lackluster. Even coupled with arcane it just doesn't bring enough sustain.

> @"Stallic.2397" said:

> If they nerf weaver in Pvp I feel like core might be a good side noder. That's if the fotm players ever get sick of playing Tempest

Core is a solid home point duelist and anyone that says otherwise needs to get good. Core does need some buffs though. Offhand dagger needs buffs too.

Firegrab does the same damage as burning speed, but a conditional modifier, 10s more cd and harder to hit. 20s cd and more damage is fair. Cleansing wave could be 25s. Updraft could be 30. Churning earth and earthquake could be 25s. That alone would bring core back. They would need to nerf tempest and weaver traitlines before buffing others to bring core up.