What new endgame systems should Anet implement?

I am happy for everyone who enjoys the more recent content or anything along the lines of grinding "special" skills and masteries unique to a specific map and all that. I am happy if they enjoy the story and mostly playing solo. Each their own. Means ANet is doing something right if people enjoy the current content. But there are also a lot of players who do not. Many of them quit for that reason.

Personally, the only thing that would be able to keep me interested and active for a while is a lasting refocus on competitive group content such as raids, Fractals and WvW (yes, I know how unlikely that is). This would need to include frequent balance patches, new content, new challenges and possibly some innovations to keep things fresh. And I am not talking about replacing the other more casual content but about having both.

Group content provides insane replayability. People continue to play such content for years after there has even been anything new. Something I certainly can't say about any Open World content unless it happens to be the most profitable farming map. Hell, I still log in once a week to raid with friends and I join WvW once in a while to play with people I know. There are a lot of players like me and a lot of players who might return if this happened. Because even the greatest replayability doesn't last forever if you just give up on the content in question.