Anyone know of a way to rearrange the guild chat list?

Tubalz.9831

Unfortunately no, there's no way to rearrange it.

The nearest you can get is leaving all your guilds and re-joining them in the order you want them in the list. But that may not be practical, depending on your guilds. My top two are a bank guild and an inactive guild I joined at launch and therefore don't want to leave, and in both cases leaving and being re-added is more trouble than it's worth.

Thank you all, I was affraid that was going to be the answer. Just struck me as odd since the game is built around the "Guild" concept, one would figure that players would most likely pass thru several guilds until they found their niche. I was hoping that maybe i was just over looking the solution. Shirlias, i hadn't thought of the idea of passing the tourch and then retaking it upon return. I can do that on at least 1 of my two. Again, thank you all :)

I have to say I really doubt that guilds are sorted in the order I joined.

I created my first guild literally within minutes after the servers went live, and I never left it. That's /g4. Next I created my bank guild, which ended up as /g3. 3rd, my wife's bank guild, is /g2. Next I joined a WvW guild - /g5, and finally I joined Another guild, which became /g1.

I have pondered over what other factors might be relevant for guild ordering but can't find any. My list isn't ordered by guild name, tag, creation, or join date.