How often is Season 2 on sale?

LSD.4673

Can anyone tell me how often Season 2 of the Living World goes on sale? I'd like to get an idea of what's actually going on before continuing with the HoT story (i have almost no clue), but the price is pretty steep. I saw i juuuuust missed a 30% sale the other week. How regular do we get things like this? I'd like to conserve as many gems as possible, as i still need the first part of Season 3 as well...

Thanks!

I'm not certain how often it goes on sale (it's not one of the things I watch), but I do know that each chapter of it that you already have reduces the total gem cost.

"Notes:

This pack's price is reduced by 12.5% for each episode previously unlocked on the account."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_2_Complete_Pack

Uh, hard question, but... I have bought my HoT in prev year before Winter event - but I was still using my un-upgraded account at the Halloween event for shure, so I upgraded mine between the two events - and I clearly remember that I lured a Revenant up - not with boost - and started collecting money for some sht to get something nice from the shop when I saw the season 2 discount first, so... maybe it was in spring time? Maybe? So from this, I think they discount it in every half years so not very often. **I think the next one will be again after the Winter event**. :star:

This is only my prediction ofc, I wanted to buy it for the first time when I saw it, but I spent my ingame cash for remodels a few days before it - but this time I could get it :heart:

> @Behellagh.1468 said:

> Actually the package, pro-rate discount from the gem shop is 20% NOT 12.5%. (160 gems each VS 200 gems individually from the story journal)

>

Someone should update the wiki. ;) Since it doesn't mention that difference in price.

What I am referring to, however, is that if you already have one of the eight parts of the story unlocked, the gem store package deal is reduced in price by 12.5% for each chapter you already have unlocked.

So to buy the package with -all- of the chapters locked, costs 1,280 gems.

*Number of chapters unlocked -- total price*

0--1280 gems

1--1120 gems

2--960 gems

3--800 gems

4--640 gems

5--480 gems

6--320 gems

7--160 gems

8--chapters unlocked means you already have it all and don't need to buy this.

I would also say, as a general rule, that if you didn't have the chance to unlock these on release, both the living world 2 and 3 packs are probably worth getting without waiting for a sale. They contain a lot of great story, and season 3 especially has many rewards that are well worth your time from playing in the new maps, and it's not really worth waiting like it would be for a cosmetic item.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> The Living World Season Two bundle has only been on sale once, during the PoF promotion, along with the Living World Season Three bundle. The Season Two bundle been discounted 20% all of the time it's been offered, since it first appeared. The Gem Store also pro-rates the bundle price(s) for any Episodes already unlocked.

I've seen a few posts from Googling saying it's been as low as 40% off (~800 gems for the season). That was July last year though. It's hard to really track when it goes on sale and for how much though...

I'd like to pick it up, but to start gearing up with some ascended gear makes it one or the other without a sale. Here's hoping we get one around winter.

> @DBZVelena.5186 said:

> You do know LS2 happens before HoT, not after. So if you've already played HoT. It might be a lil confusing. If you want the story after HoT. That is LS3.

I've just reached Auric Basin and called it quits.

Egg...random people replacing the last group of people...barbarian has a son now (with a freakish haircut)...Caithe bad?

wut

> @LSD.4673 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > The Living World Season Two bundle has only been on sale once, during the PoF promotion, along with the Living World Season Three bundle. The Season Two bundle been discounted 20% all of the time it's been offered, since it first appeared. The Gem Store also pro-rates the bundle price(s) for any Episodes already unlocked.

>

> I've seen a few posts from Googling saying it's been as low as 40% off (~800 gems for the season). That was July last year though. It's hard to really track when it goes on sale and for how much though...

> I'd like to pick it up, but to start gearing up with some ascended gear makes it one or the other without a sale. Here's hoping we get one around winter.

Perhaps, you saw posts about Season 3 which is, and always has been 800 Gems (20% off for the 5 Episodes/no charge for the 6th Episode as it's always still been live, and thus, free. Expect an increase in cost for Season 3 soon).

> @LSD.4673 said:

> > @DBZVelena.5186 said:

> > You do know LS2 happens before HoT, not after. So if you've already played HoT. It might be a lil confusing. If you want the story after HoT. That is LS3.

>

> I've just reached Auric Basin and called it quits.

> Egg...random people replacing the last group of people...barbarian has a son now (with a freakish haircut)...Caithe bad?

> wut

Actually, the "random people" have been around the whole time, playing their parts throughout the seasons. With Hot they get a more primary focus, and can no longer be missed. You're really going to want to get caught up on the lore properly if you wish to have it all make clear sense.

There's the wiki, where you can read up about anything and everything: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_2

And there are video compilations of the seasons: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/125007/#Comment_125007

Much of the story can be pieced together in game, via NPC dialogues that are still present, story mode in dungeons, and many of the fractal levels are actual bits of the seasons which you missed. The fractals are also where you should be familiar with our "new" NPCs group for anyone who missed LS2. Lots of bits and bobs in the Personal Stories, too. Norn players know from the start that Eir has a son. ;)