Opinion on ranked restrictions

witcher.3197

so i understand both sides of the coin here... so the only thing we have to compare to is other competitive sports. i watch football alot and there is a spread margin of win and over under. so if it is a 5 man que vs 5 indiviual 1's there could be a win margin for rank to change. if the 5 man dont win by 400 points they drop 50 ranked points that goes to the other team but the win loss rating also gets affected.

just spamming ideas out, but picking your team and haveing voice chat should enable you to be able to win against an equal oppent who does not know how to work with the people and have voice chat... make everyone have there rank number add them up figure the spread and then determin how much voice chat and picking your team mate is worth. then make a spread from that, spread not covered it counts as a loss so ranks get changed for that. ranks also get changed for winning and lossing.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

>

> > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> >

> Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

>

Tournament features? Like the ATs? A handful of people actually play them, so in a few months, we'll get changes that affect only people who play in the AT?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > >

> > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> >

> > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> >

> > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> >

> > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

>

> Why have Duos at all especially if the decision to restrict Duo at 1600 is because Duo Plat could snipe Legendary positions what about Duos up to 1600 sniping top 250 positions? Why allow anyone the advantage of queuing with a Duo essentially fixing 2/5s of their Team? Why punish hose players that are doing well in Pvp by forcing them not to play with their friends but rewarding players for doing badly?

>

> If the idea is to have ATs as your team centric gamemode why have Duos in Solo Que?

>

> This should be an all or nothing decision not a half attempt.

>

> Also whatever happened to this?

>

> >“Evan Lesh

>

> > #After the end of Season 5 we will re-evaluate the experience and poll the community again to decide if the change should become permanent for all ranked seasons. Thanks for voting and we look forward to the changes coming to ranked play!”

>

> https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/PvP-Season-5-Ranked-Queue-Poll-Closed/6370640

>

> So far no Poll has been conducted in the slightest, yet it was stated we would receive one.

I agree with the latter part of the post but I don't understand all this defense for legendary players getting sniped. Yes the matchmaking sucks and 1600+ players might get on alts to try and snipe a legendary player, but you're 1800+, god forbid you need to sweat to keep your position there. And any change that is suppose to safeguard these legendary players only really benefit a small percentile of the player base. Not to mention sniping is extremely time consuming and idiotic to begin with. There'll always be some way to troll, if you can call sniping trolling to begin with.

Don't get me wrong though, I think this new change is half arsed as well, should just make the whole thing soloQ.

Ranked should flat out never have been anything other than Solo Queue.

And now that we have the Automated Tournament system up and running there's is no need whatsoever for teams and duos in Ranked.

Automated Tournaments needs more players, if the way to do this is to force people who want to play in full teams to do AT's I'm fine with it. If your pug gets stomped in AT's maybe you should all invest some time in getting better at the game, do some scrims or duels, work out the kinks, learn what your teammates are good and what they are bad at try to resolve those things and then proceed to do your best.

The only thing I think needs changing is the frequency of daily ATs. They should be 6 times a day rather than 3.

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @"R E F L H E X.8413" said:

> > I support the removal of duo que alltogether

>

> Can you actually give a coherent reasoning other than blaming your own incompetence at duos? No offense but that's what most people with this opinion do.

>

> Fot the record I only soloQd the last few season (anet can check for all i care) and still oppose this awful duo change.

There is no incompetence at duos I'd prefer a full on split of full on team que and a full on solo que to depict ratings as accuratley as possible not giving any advantage at all of pug vs premade at all as well as I dont find the need to find one friend for a limited potential experience even though it does give some advantage and advantage should not be given it should all be even ground. Incompetence or extreme competence for making the game as fair and accurate on ratings as possible?

Crying to take it away is almost the equivalent of wanting full on pug vs premade its crying because an advantage is taken away when no advantage should be possible in ranked environments. The incompetence lays on the other side of needing an advantage in a mostly solo environment.

Not to mention pre-hot the last guild I formed was playing pug vs premade 5 manned and it wasnt even competition nothing even felt remotely even making me want a full on team que with solos removed from my que just to get good games. The guild was short lasted but very successful in that meta with all celestial builds.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > >

> > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> >

> > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> >

> > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> >

> > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

>

> Why have Duos at all especially if the decision to restrict Duo at 1600 is because Duo Plat could snipe Legendary positions what about Duos up to 1600 sniping top 250 positions? Why allow anyone the advantage of queuing with a Duo essentially fixing 2/5s of their Team? Why punish hose players that are doing well in Pvp by forcing them not to play with their friends but rewarding players for doing badly?

>

> If the idea is to have ATs as your team centric gamemode why have Duos in Solo Que?

>

> This should be an all or nothing decision not a half attempt.

>

>

> >“Evan Lesh

>

> > #After the end of Season 5 we will re-evaluate the experience and poll the community again to decide if the change should become permanent for all ranked seasons. Thanks for voting and we look forward to the changes coming to ranked play!”

>

> https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/PvP-Season-5-Ranked-Queue-Poll-Closed/6370640

>

> So far no Poll has been conducted in the slightest, yet it was stated we would receive one.

Why would a poll be needed? The devs think they know what the community wants. That's why pvp is dead they "think" this or that may work and now coming onto 5 seasons (5-9) they haven't done well. Heck there wasn't a vote about tossing stronghold from ranked that was a silly dev idea.

So.. the future holds nothing but circle dancing maps where deadeye will never show up but you can use a core teef to teleport cross map and win just by standing on little circles. So someone comes to stop the decap and the teefy dances on the circle across the map from where he just was. All awhile mid is a zerg vs zerg fest. no improvements like tossing out conq style maps so pvp will continue to die off.

@"BenPhongluangtham.1065" Will we ever get anything but circle dancing conq maps? Can we have a ranked que options for TDM, conq, and SH? Circle dancing conq got old after about 5 months into pvp.

Hundreds of skills and trait changes have happened over 5 years but still.. you can use a teef with bow #5 to victory. Hell you don't even need a second weapon set just bow #5 to win all day in conq. If it's conq, conq, conq, or conq for season 9 then looks like ill get plat 2 on my 10 qualify matches as usual then stop playing ranked since it wont be worth the time. Onward to unranked!

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

MMR rating basically works as a percentile mark.

Doesn't matter which region you are from. A 1600 rating will mean you are the top X% of the population. As far as I understand, EU does have a larger PvP population base so naturally you have more players above 1600 rating. But percentage wise it is the same for any region and I think that is what devs care about.

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > >

> > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > >

> > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> >

> > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

>

> We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

>

> We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

>

> Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

Thank you for this! I hope you guys consider making ranked q to be just solo.

> > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

>

> > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> >

> Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

>

Thanks for letting me know. Now i def will NOT come back in a few months. PvP, as it is, needs to be scrapped and completely re-done.

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > >

> > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > >

> > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> >

> > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

>

> We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

>

> We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

>

> Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

Then why not implement a game mode with less people per team "3v3 for example", there would be less people per team which would mean more teams, not to mention the amount of new people this would bring to the game. And you can que up with a full roster and also get a working matchmaking?

> @Nova.3817 said:

> PvP in my opinion has been in steep decline since they implemented duo que it hasn't helped the health of the pvp scene i remember i used to hustle to log on so i could team with friends and they kept me logging on to play and i them....but now its just solo the "community of pvpers" i once had is all but gone i have 2-3 people i duo with and thats it....

>

> i haven't played in over a month bc there is just no drive 2 do so....(and i played for 4 years straight)

>

> to me when they killed team que they killed the community (and i agree smaller suo Q or solo Q would provide a more competitive environment for the SOLO players) but the end goal in my mind for anet would be to turn a solo player into a community player idk maybe im kitten...

>

> as far as the whole "oh you have tourny for teamplay" that's bogus since that mode has no matchmaking to speak of...... most games are usually extremely lopsided either you crush your opponents or get steamrolled then after you would have to wait what 8 hours before you could play again.

>

> IMO you either make tournaments every hour on the hour in swiss format (which was already confirmed a thing by anet) so to give more games regardless if you win or lose... and that way as soon as one is over you can do another with your team if they have time... of course rewards would need to be balanced but then you would have a actual team format available to you at all times... or you could just make a ranked team que (or add pip reward system to unranked)

>

^This is pretty much entirely my experience as well. ATs are a bad replacement at the moment unless they get heavily modified. Way too lopsided.

>

> >“Evan Lesh

>

>

>

Also this. This either needs to happen or something should be said stating that it will or will not happen. As I've mentioned in other threads before, I pretty much stopped pvping after solo/duo due to the inability to play with my friends and I know many people that have done the same.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> >

> > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > >

> > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> >

>

> Tournament features? Like the ATs? A handful of people actually play them, so in a few months, we'll get changes that affect only people who play in the AT?

>

> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If they make separate tournament brackets based on divisions, or make the first round group play like world cup soccer. Both of those changes would get people that aren't going to be competitive in the monthly a reason to play 5 man tourneys.

The interface for seeing results could use some improvement as well.

Would it be possible in the future to get a global pvp server? Don't know if it is technically feasible, but it would be fun playing with/against NA players, and that would help increase the pool of players to get better MM. There would probably be ping issues, but i'd like to have the choice. I could live with 100-150 ping.

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

So... you need to play alongside a friend to make it to 1700? If that's the case...I dunno how that translate to you "being worth your salt" and if that not the case..this change won't affect you at all..a win-win situation.

Duo-que gives a massive advantage given the rather "unorthodox" balance, all you need is a "friend" using one of the "sustain" spec and troll half the enemy team for all match, while you play a burst stealth build...seen that many times

> @troops.8276 said:

> > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > >

> > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > >

> > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > >

> >

> > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

>

> Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

only way i see that working is if they make it so there is a tourny every hour so no matter when your team logs in there would be a option to play in a tourny. makes much more sense to just split the que and let the time of ques sort itself out.... its not like we can play pve or roam in wvw while we wait for que.

> @Nova.3817 said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

> only way i see that working is if they make it so there is a tourny every hour so no matter when your team logs in there would be a option to play in a tourny. makes much more sense to just split the que and let the time of ques sort itself out....

When I played team arenas/codex in gw1 I didnt mind waiting a few countdown timers for my next match for the quality of the matches. I think ats should be more often to give incentive to make a team maybe the hourly ones with lower reward then you wouldnt mind unranked as much inbetween or a full on team ranked que which if thats what you want to play you shouldnt really complain about a little bit of wait time I wouldnt if I had a team.

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

Swiss format would be great +1 to that

Guess there's just not enough ppl with an overlap of views. Personally I really don't care about the rewards at all. I don't even bother looking at them. The gameplay itself is the reward. As far as wait times go, I wouldn't mind either. As it is those matches where it goes down to the wire and I get actual enjoyment are so few and far between that waiting an hour would be better than what sometimes feels like days in between them. I'm also quite happy with the thought of improving myself in ranked then looking at joining a team for, hopefully more frequent swiss, ATs. But I'm not part of a big enough demographic I suppose. And right now I don't think it's actually worth the time investment. Depends what tuesday brings.

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > >

> > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > >

> > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > >

> > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> >

> > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

>

> So... you need to play alongside a friend to make it to 1700? If that's the case...I dunno how that translate to you "being worth your salt" and if that not the case..this change won't affect you at all..a win-win situation.

I've checked my comment 5 times now after reading your reply and I still don't understand how you got to the conclusion that I NEED to duo..

In season 9 the reward for climbing will be that you can no longer play with friends.. people throwing games just so they can keep playing together is something I could see happening, and oh boy will it be a shitshow.

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > > >

> > > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > > >

> > > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > > >

> > > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> > >

> > > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

> >

> > So... you need to play alongside a friend to make it to 1700? If that's the case...I dunno how that translate to you "being worth your salt" and if that not the case..this change won't affect you at all..a win-win situation.

>

> I've checked my comment 5 times now after reading your reply and I still don't understand how you got to the conclusion that I NEED to duo..

>

> In season 9 the reward for climbing will be that you can no longer play with friends.. people throwing games just so they can keep playing together is something I could see happening, and oh boy will it be a shitshow.

I don't know. If someone' competitive enough to climb in the top 250, chances they won't be inclined to do that and will just roll a smurf to play with their friends.

Not saying it won't happen, video game skills hardly correlate with intelligence afterall, but i think its likely to be a minority within a minority. Should we really worry about that?

> @Griever.8150 said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > > > >

> > > > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > > > >

> > > > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > > > >

> > > > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> > > >

> > > > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

> > >

> > > So... you need to play alongside a friend to make it to 1700? If that's the case...I dunno how that translate to you "being worth your salt" and if that not the case..this change won't affect you at all..a win-win situation.

> >

> > I've checked my comment 5 times now after reading your reply and I still don't understand how you got to the conclusion that I NEED to duo..

> >

> > In season 9 the reward for climbing will be that you can no longer play with friends.. people throwing games just so they can keep playing together is something I could see happening, and oh boy will it be a shitshow.

>

> I don't know. If someone' competitive enough to climb in the top 250, chances they won't be inclined to do that and will just roll a smurf to play with their friends.

>

> Not saying it won't happen, video game skills hardly correlate with intelligence afterall, but i think its likely to be a minority within a minority. Should we really worry about that?

Like the top 250 are a minority and the ones from the top 250 sniping others are an even smaller minority within their minority?