Top Posters In This Topic

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > >

> > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> >

> > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> >

> > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> >

> > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

>

> What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

Nonsense. 3 weeks in and rating starts at 1611 in EU

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > >

> > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > >

> > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > >

> > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> >

> > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

>

> Nonsense. 3 weeks in and rating starts at 1611 in EU

Keep in mind:

a) many players have higher rating, but they don't have required number of matches to be seen on leaderboard;

b) many players have higher rating, but they are affected by decay.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > > >

> > > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > > >

> > > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > > >

> > > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> > >

> > > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

> >

> > Nonsense. 3 weeks in and rating starts at 1611 in EU

>

> Keep in mind:

> a) many players have higher rating, but they don't have required number of matches to be seen on leaderboard;

> b) many players have higher rating, but they are affected by decay.

Ok, now say that in Quaggan.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > > > >

> > > > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > > > >

> > > > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > > > >

> > > > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> > > >

> > > > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

> > >

> > > Nonsense. 3 weeks in and rating starts at 1611 in EU

> >

> > Keep in mind:

> > a) many players have higher rating, but they don't have required number of matches to be seen on leaderboard;

> > b) many players have higher rating, but they are affected by decay.

>

> Ok, now say that in Quaggan.

Ooo, Quaggan would like to remind you that some people haven't been seen in many games, so they can't be seen on leaderboards too. Quaggan believes others could also have their ratings decayed, so they can't be seen even if they have some super wooo-hooo ratings.

Does Quaggan pass?

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

> > >

> > > We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

> > >

> > > We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

> > >

> > > Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

> >

> > What I dislike the most about this change is how you seemingly only considered NA while making this decision. I've seen in this thread that 1600 rating is NA top 250 and that's why you extended it all the way there. 1600 on EU is still considered to be a low rating by some, anyone worth their salt should be able to make it to at least 1700, and then they may still be out of the top 250 range when the season ends, so this is going to affect a lot more people on this region than intended based on NA feedback.

>

> Nonsense. 3 weeks in and rating starts at 1611 in EU

So you are trying to disprove what he said 1 season ago by using numbers taken from a different season? What kind of reasoning is that?

And it's almost like the population numbers got worse or something..

> @messiah.1908 said:

> the simple solution is to add ingame voice chat (like in other shooting pvp games) so ppl can hear and speak or at least hear.

Most of the time, we are playing PuG, I think, this is a very useful idea.

I don't want to give an example from another type of game, but some FPS games' online matches affected very positively, when people push to talk with each other. GW2 PvP can benefit from this kind of in-game voice communication. It can change the course of any given match, and it can enhance player experience.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > >

> > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > >

> > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> >

> > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

>

> We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

>

> We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

>

> Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

as a vet player for over 5 years.... i have recently started voicing my concern for this game and it's "competitive" pvp. The tournaments aren't going to be a solution to any this with xx of players using Hacks or even bots.... we need to stop ignoring this issue before we can bring pvp back to it's old glory , and this season has been shamefully bad for multiple reasons and the community just can't understand why theirs a lack of justice being done.

> @Shaogin.2679 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > Oh, but of course we aren't going to see a dev address this issue. It's just going to be _ignored_ just like every other major issue on the forum.

> > >

> > > What happened to polls? Couldn't you do an in game poll of the entire PvP population about who wants solo que vs who wants team que? Who thought this was a good idea?

> >

> > when the originally did the pol i recall them saying they would do it again in the future to see what the community thought after the change was implemented. yet here we are.

>

> Yeah, they were supposed to poll the players again at the end of the season 5, but that has yet to happen.

Its called they lied bro

PvP in this game *IS* dead. There was a time were PvP in this game was special and rewarding. Your rank used to mean something and only the real hardcore players had nice skins and stuff like that. Then there was a patch in which they've deleted PvP gear were you could combine your own stats and everyone with rank 55 or higher was now "Dragon" rank. That was how the decay of PvP started in this game. Then later came the big trait system overhaul that killed what was left of the "diversity" in this game. Now it's just a place to farm stuff...

Edit: And let's not forget the wonderful times we could CHOOSE (yes I'm not kidding) to solo-queue or queue with two, three, four or five people. And then we are not even talking about what they call "balance".

I agree with the OP, i think if anet added Voice chat it would alleviate alot of issue's at the same time. It will add better organization for solo play and increase the ammount of people teaming up because of voice chat i've meant alot of friends on dota2 just because of joking around on VC.

Here is were some pvp > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > @Eagelseye.6312 said:

> > > > > @AngelsShadow.7360 said:

> > > >

> > > > > With regards to what the pvp team is doing, they’ve mentioned that they’re working on a large project that is still several months out. Several high profile streamers have also referred to this in passing comment. I’m fairly certain this is why we haven’t seen any new maps or ‘development’ so-to-speak.

> > > > >

> > > > Just a quick note to properly set expectations: We're not working on some giant PvP overhaul, so I don't want people to expect that. Most of the changes I mentioned that are a few months out are tournament features.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which means the team won't bring back teamQ and make two seperate Qs for solo and team players! Just a simple question, WHY?

> >

> > Maybe the plan is to go towards complete soloQ and bring more to the ATs as the alternative for team play.

>

> We don't have any _current_ plans to make ranked solo queue only, though we have debated it internally multiple times.

>

> We feel a separate queue for just 5 person teams would likely go really poorly. The queue times would be exceptionally long and when you did finally get into a match, it would probably be of poor quality. There just wouldn't be enough teams for proper matchmaking to work.

>

> Automated Tournaments are our solution for team play. We're adding a 4th tournament next week to make it more likely to find a tournament during your normal play time. Additionally, while I can't guarantee this, swiss style tournaments are on our backlog. This would enable people to get several games in each tournament, even if you lose.

(side note)

There are 4 threads that are in need of a urgent response by Anet, any response would be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13695/why-can-mesmers-insta-down-people#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17435/50k-hit-sad#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16204/22k-deaths-judgement-after-the-fix#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16020/video-zerk-weaver-vs-30-zerg-wvw-vs-sfr-desolation-kodash-elona-riverside-drakkar#latest

> @Frozenblade.6039 said:

> Another problem is; when you block or report a player, you can still play with them in the future matches. Why's that?

So you can't easily match manipulate and and strain the matchmaker by blocking or reporting every player that poses a threat to you winning.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @Frozenblade.6039 said:

> > Another problem is; when you block or report a player, you can still play with them in the future matches. Why's that?

>

> Because low playerbase and possibility of exploits.

You don't need low playerbase for that, Overwatch initially had such a system.

The #1 Widowmaker in the game ended up sitting in que for hours because he was blocked by thousands of players at the top for being too dangerous to play against.

> @witcher.3197 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @Frozenblade.6039 said:

> > > Another problem is; when you block or report a player, you can still play with them in the future matches. Why's that?

> >

> > Because low playerbase and possibility of exploits.

>

> You don't need low playerbase for that, Overwatch initially had such a system.

Low playerbase means that you don't have enough players to grant a fast queue.

Imagine if whiners start to block everybody what could happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Honorable bump, people need to understand this one of the main reasons for the failure of sPvP if this does not change it will continue to decay, pvp communities will never form, Anet for the good of the mode the lesser skilled and the unwanted need to suffer for a short while, the forums will turn into flames you will get hate mail some will threaten to quit the game entirely, and some actually will.

But you would create some sort of foundation for tournaments to grow on, because at moment they are just glorified ads for what a team could achieve if they were good, but they can't be good because they don't have the a queue to practice in or have any way to find other players for there teams.