Turn on the juke box

I, too, was kind of hoping for that gate to become useable with PoF. But there's an NPC in some northern part of Desert Highlands who basically says "This tunnel will never be open", referring to the tunnel connecting Elona to Ebonhawke. So, I think that was ANet's way of saying "It's not going to happen. Stop trying to make it happen."

Edit: Here's the exact text from her:

Tigmi: Stop! The tunnel's closed. There's no passage north to Ebonhawke this way. You can thank the Branded. And no, we're not going to clear it out. We don't have the resources to move this much rock.

Player Character: Are you here just to warn travelers?

Tigmi: Yes. I'm sure they'll put a sign up soon, but for now, I'm here to warn travelers against trying to force their way into the tunnel. Yes, people have tried. No, it dind't work.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> I see your confusion. That's a gate, not a jukebox.

>

> Seriously, though, I'm not sure what you're asking.

WHAT?! that's a gate?! It doesn't play giant music?!

I am devastated... that no one got the joke.

Also

>Tigmi: Stop! The tunnel's closed. There's no passage north to Ebonhawke this way. You can thank the Branded. And no, we're not going to clear it out. We don't have the resources to move this much rock.

Really? Tyria is populated with people who can easily move all that rock LOL.

Elementalists and Engineers FTW!

> @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> In the Desert Highlands there's a spot with an NPC telling you the tunnel collapsed and there's no way to go north now.

>

> Hopefully, living world maps will clear those rocks, open that door and connect both maps.

Agreed, I think it would be a nice connection point to make with LS4, first chapter or possibly second.

Edit: Got your joke @"ShadowGryphon.6257", not a dud at all. The gate really does look like a jukebox. If we can get M.O.X. to have a look at it, he can start epic-playing all those nice tunes he has saved up. The region will never be the same.