firebrand or dragonhunter ?

maxray.8452

I think all classes and specs are good for open world gameplay, as long as you find what works for you. Maybe check out the skills on the wiki or in-game and see which appeals to you more? Also I know it would take twice as long, but you can get both. You don't have to pick just one. You can just only have one equipped at a time, of course.

It's really a matter of personal preference.

I am a huge fan of dragonhunter in open world. Despite all odds (like kitten low dps), I use Longbow + Greatsword (but yea, mainly I stay in GS). Yet nowadays I play a lot with my firebrand. And as a guard main I'm very happy with both e-specs. And yes, I'm having trouble on deciding what I like more, but at this point I'll probably just switch from time to time between DH and FB. Both are fun.

FB tho is more flexible in terms of options - you can either be more supportive, or crazy selfish burn-them-all condi spec. This gives you 3 options to play with - power DH, burn FB, support FB which you can use in all content, not only open world. And there's some mixes I didn't even try, so guard gives you a lot of options, just take time to check them out before deciding on particular one.

So I would strongly recommend getting both elite specs.

Dragonhunter is just more convenient because of higher mobility. The pull in VoJ and the sweet block on VoC.

If you wanna play fast and straight forward then i would recommend DH.

FB isnt my thing but a lot people enjoy its more intricate design and the versatility of the tomes.

Both of them are viable for Open PvE

I am trying to decide which to choose for my guardian before I make my ascended armor to do fractals. I love playing a Dragonhunter but the Firebrand can burn things to a crackly crunch though I find it awkward and difficult to play. I am waiting until the balance patch next week before I make my decision. If they nerf Firebrand damage, then it's Dragonhunter for sure for me.

FB is definitely my pick for open world gameplay. The speed at which you can melt huge piles of mobs is amazing. Elites and champs go down pretty easily as well. Just make sure to drop out of ToJ before everything dies so you get the tome reset. If you do that then you can just move through melting everything with basically no downtime.

> @Anela.3867 said:

> I am trying to decide which to choose for my guardian before I make my ascended armor to do fractals. I love playing a Dragonhunter but the Firebrand can burn things to a crackly crunch though I find it awkward and difficult to play. I am waiting until the balance patch next week before I make my decision. If they nerf Firebrand damage, then it's Dragonhunter for sure for me.

Guardian main here!! Well Dragon hunter is super safe to play, you get your Bow, greatsword or Sword / focus / scepter grab meditrapper build and you are ready to go, BUT with firebrand you can either play as A heavy tank suppor, Or a pyromaniac book nerd decided to burn everything to the ground xD (that can also opt to help your team)

Dragon hunter is super easy to play while Firebrand you need to learn your rotations and every skill. I usually play like use protection skills then burn everything to the ground xD

> @Altion.9576 said:

> > @Anela.3867 said:

> > I am trying to decide which to choose for my guardian before I make my ascended armor to do fractals. I love playing a Dragonhunter but the Firebrand can burn things to a crackly crunch though I find it awkward and difficult to play. I am waiting until the balance patch next week before I make my decision. If they nerf Firebrand damage, then it's Dragonhunter for sure for me.

>

> Guardian main here!! Well Dragon hunter is super safe to play, you get your Bow, greatsword or Sword / focus / scepter grab meditrapper build and you are ready to go, BUT with firebrand you can either play as A heavy tank suppor, Or a pyromaniac book nerd decided to burn everything to the ground xD (that can also opt to help your team)

>

> Dragon hunter is super easy to play while Firebrand you need to learn your rotations and every skill. I usually play like use protection skills then burn everything to the ground xD

After trying very hard to love the Firebrand I have decided to stick with my Dragonhunter. I realize there are MANY more options when you are playing the Firebrand but it just wasn't fun for me and it should be all about having fun. I know others who love it but it just never felt good to me. I want to jump in the air with my Wings of Resolve and stab things in the throat with my Spear of Justice and there is nothing more satisfying than a whole group of pocket raptors being eaten by my traps.