What is the mother of all issues in WvW ?

ThomasC.1056

Population imbalance was bad, but you could escape it if you wanted. The Xpacs inroduced power creep and class imbalance (aka a paywall), which you can only escape buy (excuse the pun) shelling out cash. IMO GW2 devs assumed that the GW2 playerbase was like the CoD playerbase, and would go and ask mummy to buy them the newest game when it came out...

Jokes on them, my mummy hates me.

Believe it or not, Xpacs are an indirect paywall to WvW - you either buy the Xpac, or get hit for 17k by your local deadeye... and Anet have designed it as such.

The success of WvW depends heavily on the number of people playing it, so putting up barriers against new and existing players does not help WvW at all. IMO if WvW reverted to vanilla classes only and 2013/2014 balance, it would be much healthier, but also much less profitable than it is now.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"Haematic.4913" said:

> >

> > > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > > @"Haematic.4913" said:

> > > > There will always be class imbalance, but they do actively balance classes and specializations.

> > >

> > > Not for WvW they don't, the first three years of the game balance was virtually entirely around PvP, then when they added PvE raids they also started balancing around that, wvw has never received anything but the odd crumb when it comes to class balance.

> > >

> > > Which is why if you look at large scale for instance, for the entire game you've had a class like guardian required in vast numbers, whilst half the classes have been surplus to requirements or you might want a couple in some niche role like veilbots.

> > >

> >

> > They've balanced quite a few classes and skills due to balance issues in WvW.

> >

> > In response to surplus classes - every class has a role in WvW, some guilds or commanders just choose not to integrate them into comp. I maintain a build sheet and comp sheet for our server to use and update and include changes that work and even ones that don't (yet).

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/NZlF6Nh.png "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/4T9Tcbi.png "")

> >

> > The issue is still population balance.

>

> There is no group stealth with Ranger/Soulbeast. Smokescale gives short stealth to the player only, not his peeps.

smokescale gives a combo field wich then can be used by multiple people to blast for AoE stealth.

i cant decide if its mainly the people playing this mode or the brainless combat that is the greater issue. both cause this mode to kind of being unfun at times and drains my motivation to play the game thats why i am now more here in the forums and less ingame :D