Do you game with your kids?

Yep my 11 year old son used to play on my account while I was at work and he just started to farm everything he could for me as he Learned the game. Finally paid for core pack to unlock my F2P account I used to mess around with for his use. We also have several parents in my main guild that let their kids play one of their toons. Every once in awhile we even setup play dates for the kids to get on and group together to do stuff. Let me tell you, the first time you walk into the room and you hear all this talking through discord with open mics is an eye opener for headsets :grimace:

Side note both my girlfriend and 25 year old also play in the same guild.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Daiki.6237 said:

> Yep my 11 year old son used to play on my account while I was at work and he just started to farm everything he could for me as he Learned the game. Finally paid for core pack to unlock my F2P account I used to mess around with for his use. We also have several parents in my main guild that let their kids play one of their toons. Every once in awhile we even setup play dates for the kids to get on and group together to do stuff. Let me tell you, the first time you walk into the room and you hear all this talking through discord with open mics is an eye opener for headsets :grimace:

>

> Side note both my girlfriend and 25 year old also play in the same guild.

Hey, child labor is illegal! Shame on you! ;D

Sounds like a fun and nice guild :)

> @jasonorme.5014 said:

> My daughter is 1 and I absolutely can't wait to start gaming with her. We got her a mini tablet a few days ago and she's already completing jigsaws on her own.

See about getting a piano keyboard app for her. Both of my kids loved those when they were toddlers, and it helped with their finger dexterity (which will be important for future gaming sessions). ;)

I have always gamed with my kids, but as of now my son is into console games. I still play with my daughter we started in Wizard101 then went off to runes of magic. Now we are die hard fans of GW2, she is 32 and still playing. The funniest moments is when she does something wrong or I do , you can hear us yelling at each other she is in one room and I another lol.. In my day Atari was the big thing : )

> @daynay.1089 said:

> I have always gamed with my kids, but as of now my son is into console games. I still play with my daughter we started in Wizard101 then went off to runes of magic. Now we are die hard fans of GW2, she is 32 and still playing. The funniest moments is when she does something wrong or I do , you can hear us yelling at each other she is in one room and I another lol.. In my day Atari was the big thing : )

My brother and I still have an Atari we share. I think it's time to dust it off and introduce my kids to Asteroids lol

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> Need advice.

> Right now my kids 6&8 Have few acc that I changed some bindings for.

>

> Alt is autoattack1

> And movement is arrow keys not wasd.

>

> I can't get them to play with both mouse and keys silmutaniously.

They may have to find their own play style. One of my girls (both 10) only uses the mouse for tagging and only if using TAB doesn't fit the situation, the other uses it for tagging and skills. Having never played a WASD game before they really struggled early on. I tried to get them to use the mouse more but they resisted. Eventually around level 10 or so they each found their own play style and they are much different than mine.

> @DeadTreeJig.6714 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > Need advice.

> > Right now my kids 6&8 Have few acc that I changed some bindings for.

> >

> > Alt is autoattack1

> > And movement is arrow keys not wasd.

> >

> > I can't get them to play with both mouse and keys silmutaniously.

>

> They may have to find their own play style. One of my girls (both 10) only uses the mouse for tagging and only if using TAB doesn't fit the situation, the other uses it for tagging and skills. Having never played a WASD game before they really struggled early on. I tried to get them to use the mouse more but they resisted. Eventually around level 10 or so they each found their own play style and they are much different than mine.

Thank you for the reply

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > I don't have kids myself, but I know guildmates who do and who play GW2 with them.

>

> What are you waiting For?

>

> Inb4 you are only 15 or something...

LOL - I'm not going to let some stupid brat ruin my life.

Parenthood can suck it!

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > I don't have kids myself, but I know guildmates who do and who play GW2 with them.

> >

> > What are you waiting For?

> >

> > Inb4 you are only 15 or something...

>

> LOL - I'm not going to let some stupid brat ruin my life.

>

> Parenthood can kitten it!

Oh

Em

Geee

You are missing out

Ps the REAL brat/life stealer ain't the kid ;)

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > I don't have kids myself, but I know guildmates who do and who play GW2 with them.

> > >

> > > What are you waiting For?

> > >

> > > Inb4 you are only 15 or something...

> >

> > LOL - I'm not going to let some stupid brat ruin my life.

> >

> > Parenthood can kitten it!

>

> Oh

> Em

> Geee

>

> You are missing out

>

> Ps the REAL brat/life stealer ain't the kid ;)

Pfft. Disposable diapers? All I have is disposable income, boooiii!

> @dusanyu.4057 said:

> My niece used to watch me play GW1, she later started drawing some of the things she seen while i was in game. She now does fan art for cartoons and they are displayed at a booth that travels to different camic-con events. Quite a talented artist, I could see her applying to arena net someday.

Does she share her artwork online? On deviantArt or another site? I would like to see her pictures :)

> @Myrdreth.6829 said:

> > @dusanyu.4057 said:

> > My niece used to watch me play GW1, she later started drawing some of the things she seen while i was in game. She now does fan art for cartoons and they are displayed at a booth that travels to different camic-con events. Quite a talented artist, I could see her applying to arena net someday.

>

> Does she share her artwork online? On deviantArt or another site? I would like to see her pictures :)

She is only 12 and I dont't think she is on devient art

My oldest was running around with us in World of Warcraft when he was 5. He made a night elf ranger and named him "Offcourse," which my husband and I found hysterically funny because he would run around on the roads like a drunkard. He would memorize all the spells in the gem and pretend to cast them on the playground at school. Yes, he was "that kid." When he was around 10, our guild would take him on lower level raids.

Both my kids have been playing GW2 since release. It was the first MMORPG that my youngest ever played and he bought his copy with his birthday money. He was 7 years old. He completed the Wintersday jp before I did and never let me live it down. I'm not even going to get into how much he razzes me about the fact that he got an ascended chest the first time he ever did Tequatl, while it took me over 2 years of almost daily runs.

We also play other games together (video and modern board games) and my oldest and I were in a Firefly tabletop RPG campaign a couple years ago. My youngest is has been trying to get me to run a regular family pen& paper RPG campaign, but I'm too lazy. I really enjoy my kids. They're pretty neat dudes.

They are also currently fighting over the computer in the other room because my youngest wants to get on to play GW2 and get his jackal mount, but the oldest wants to finish watching a show he and his girlfriend are streaming.