[POLL] What do you want to see in future Mount skins?

Chorne.8195

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> I don't want new skins, I want new mounts. Totally disappointed with the Halloween skin rip-off (why the default skins have only one dye channel is beyond me).

Its called marketing. You make the base product good enough for public use, and then you make fancier products later. Its like you know how most clothes stores have a rack of plain single colour shirts for 5 euros, and fancy printed shirts for 10-20 euro.

Same with game content. The basic glider is also simple looking, and only has 1 dye channel.

Although i do agree a simple texture change is hardly worth 1600 gems. I won't be that much unless it's new models

Horses don't have to look like horses as we know them - the game's changed other creatures somewhat (cheetahs, for example). It would be cool to have some kind of equine in the mix.

I have to say, though, I'd be interested in the a range of the options in the poll - steampunk stuff, spirit beasties, plus racial-themed creatures and armoured creatures would all be good ways to go, IMO.

Honestly before skins. I want the devs to make the body parts of the mount to be able to add dyes. Like the head, arms, legs, body all be able to switch colors. But if it was skins, I would want my mount to have some type of armor skin, for the mount. Pretty much any skin we have, should be able to apply to a mount. Or just make new mount armor skins for the mounts.

Give each mount of each class a theme based on that class. Ex: An Engineer's Raptor/Skimmer/ect would all be mechanical based. A Nercos world be demon/minion/ghostly based and a Elementist's would all be based on fire/water and so on.

As for 'new mounts', POF hasn't been out long enough IMO to start adding new mounts. The skins alone could change even their over all 'creature type' so long as the game mechanics stay the same.

I'm sure mounts are going to get many differing and varying skins. I'm sure I am going to enjoy many of them.

I just want the bunnyroo to have something make it look less humiliating to ride. The springer is terrible.

Turn that thing into a spider or freaky looking grasshopper or anything else that can jump. Anything that doesn't look like you are riding something that escaped from the Toys-R-Us toddler section.

They just made a randomized mount skin item on the gem store. Thanks guys, more gambles. This is totally what we were asking for. And they even threw in unrandomized mount skins that apparently will cost 2000 each. It only takes me a week to save up that much money. This is completely worth it.

God, I hope that maybe after we get halfway into S4 or something this will all cool down and the prices will drop a bit. I can't afford this s--t.

> @LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

> > @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > I don't want new skins, I want new mounts. Totally disappointed with the Halloween skin rip-off (why the default skins have only one dye channel is beyond me).

> You know why just as well as everyone else, and it's the same reason the default glider is ugly as sin: to help sell skins. High fashion ain't free.

1. The Halloween mounts were anything but "high fashion".

2. Compared to the latest rip-off, the Halloween mounts were "a bargain".

What I'd really like to see is something available by means other than the gem store. It could be reward for scavenger hunt or a reward for the next LS or whatever. I have no problem with 99.99% of the mount skins being gem store purchase. Just saying it would be nice if there were one or two available as in-game rewards. Either way, I'm not likely to buy them from the gem store but I'm not saying I'd never buy them. If there's one I'd consider buying it would be the steam punk skin.

-I would love to see more like the Lantern skin for the Skimmer. Something glowy, not related to any element or this starry celestial thing.

-A feathered raptor.

-A Jackal with asura-tech instead of the djinn-runes, while keeping the sand-core. Also a version with sylvari-vines instead of the runes.

-Angora-bunny skin for the springer(make it fluffy!)