Devs on WvW fight guilds

Raven.1524

Wouldn't it be better for devs to get a faster knowledge about the game mode if there was a program where they could join a different WvW focused fight guild per week and raid with them being on discord/TS to see more closely how the game mode progresses on a more competitive level and see how which changes could and could not implement more clearly?

The WvW team (and those not on the team) play a lot of WvW. Sometimes they tag up as themselves; sometimes they run on a different account so they can play without getting too many questions. They are very likely more aware of all the issues and proposed solutions than nearly any of us posting here or on Reddit. It's not as simple to do anything with WvW as people seem to think, given how many different styles of gameplay there are and how we all want different sorts of things to change. For example, everyone (even ANet) agrees that matchups could be better; no one agrees on how to define the problem, let alone what solutions would come closest to addressing them.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The WvW team (and those not on the team) play a lot of WvW. Sometimes they tag up as themselves; sometimes they run on a different account so they can play without getting too many questions. They are very likely more aware of all the issues and proposed solutions than nearly any of us posting here or on Reddit. It's not as simple to do anything with WvW as people seem to think, given how many different styles of gameplay there are and how we all want different sorts of things to change. For example, everyone (even ANet) agrees that matchups could be better; no one agrees on how to define the problem, let alone what solutions would come closest to addressing them.

Yeah but im not talking about them using the anet tag, but formally join a guild for a while on a formal raid, not like a random +1 pug. The game mode changes a lot if you are playing as a random or playing as a more sturdy member of a squad composition with stats, classes and sync that match the guild commanding play style.

Maybe they do play like that off the record though.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> I wonder if they do already. If I were them, I certainly wouldn't show the Anet tag as a roamer or havoc (you'd get focused first for sure)... unless you meant large scale fight?

They could not use the anet tag, and it would be like an undercover agent to know what's going on in WvW big fight guildies :P

They did that like couple years ago, needless to say things didnt really change. Think it was called "Adopt a dev" or something like that. Guilds had to apply for it to get a chance to have a dev with them. In the end it seemed like a waste of time for both sides.

Not saying it couldnt work but just skeptical after seeing it happen last time.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> I wonder if they do already. If I were them, I certainly wouldn't show the Anet tag as a roamer or havoc (you'd get focused first for sure)... unless you meant large scale fight?

To be fair, I find it very unlikely at least on small scale. I doubt that they would use their little free time to do the most unrewarding and frustrating experience in WvW. Also, everytime I see a Arena Net tag it's always with a blob, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's all they do.

In fact, I know a few large scale guilds that have Arena Net people.

> @Raven.1524 said:

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > I wonder if they do already. If I were them, I certainly wouldn't show the Anet tag as a roamer or havoc (you'd get focused first for sure)... unless you meant large scale fight?

>

> They could not use the anet tag, and it would be like an undercover agent to know what's going on in WvW big fight guildies :P

That was my point. They may have been doing for years exactly what you're calling for, but we didn't notice because they haven't been tagging up while they do.

> @Raven.1524 said:

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > I wonder if they do already. If I were them, I certainly wouldn't show the Anet tag as a roamer or havoc (you'd get focused first for sure)... unless you meant large scale fight?

>

> They could not use the anet tag, and it would be like an undercover agent to know what's going on in WvW big fight guildies :P

I'd like for the anet tag to only be visible to their allies and not the enemy. I like that they show a presence in wvw, but they are focused to hell to the point they become a rally bot because lets face it, killing them is satisfying.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > It was indeed adopt a Dev and was abandoned.

> >

> > that program was way outdated

> > the new meta on the forum was attack a Dev

> >

>

> People been attacking devs since 2012... There is nothing "new" on it.

ill rephrase, must have typo

the meta on the new forum was attack a Dev

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> This game still has fight guilds?

>

> BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>

> omg, good one.

I know right! More so when we **watched** them all leave. Other than one shot gankers, PPT zerg guilds, and PvE rewards. There is nothing left in WvW. ANet made sure to that, which the last 3 or 5 balance patches to snuff out fight guilds and all of their tools. By buffing the living hell out of Unorganized Zerg META.

Can't have stacking and burning zergling PvEers come into WvW and find out. That stacking and throwing overwhelming numbers at the enemy don't work, can we? Oh and I forget to add, all the zerg empowering tactivators that ANet added to force out any other playstyle but the **Server Stacking and Burning** one.

> @Raven.1524 said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > The WvW team (and those not on the team) play a lot of WvW. Sometimes they tag up as themselves; sometimes they run on a different account so they can play without getting too many questions. They are very likely more aware of all the issues and proposed solutions than nearly any of us posting here or on Reddit. It's not as simple to do anything with WvW as people seem to think, given how many different styles of gameplay there are and how we all want different sorts of things to change. For example, everyone (even ANet) agrees that matchups could be better; no one agrees on how to define the problem, let alone what solutions would come closest to addressing them.

>

> Yeah but im not talking about them using the anet tag, but formally join a guild for a while on a formal raid, not like a random +1 pug. The game mode changes a lot if you are playing as a random or playing as a more sturdy member of a squad composition with stats, classes and sync that match the guild commanding play style.

> Maybe they do play like that off the record though.

They do play like that. Nearly all of them join guilds, just like anyone else. Some play WvW really seriously, some don't (also like us).

I've had devs in my guild. But there are only like three devs at Anet working on WvW(part time at that), and those ones I don't believe are in any WvW guilds(maybe I'm wrong). The devs who have grown attached to their WvW guilds such as Escrow on YB, are generally not involved with WvW at all in terms of job responsibilities.

if they are playing on servers that no one else can join, then they are missing the mark. The lower pop servers have to fight extra hard and learn to roam - because many times no one is around -or everyone is spread out trying to cover part of the map - if the devs are playing in a 1% pvp environment - it is a completely different style of fighting - having been on a "sub server" i've had the opportunity to see the difference being paired up with a few "closed servers" that you can't transfer 2.

This is not intending to dis T1 fight style as some "you'd be a scared child without your blobs in T4" - the T1 - T3 fights were quite fun and exciting, but that's a reality for 7 servers. ( based on America servers - scales relatively same for "all" servers )

This is why the idea of changing stats is a big deal "To Me" - every day is different, sometimes more people log on, sometimes, well...you gonna have to cap that camp alone and be able to run away fast when a group of 5 - 50 pop in out of nowhere.

I'm pretty sure most of the complaints of op builds comes from smaller pop servers, because the buffs are plentiful in "full population" servers. in smaller servers we don't have guardians galore to heal us. - this isn't bad, it's just different.

who would be the majority of players ....7 "full servers" - or 17 open servers ?

also - this isn't saying all fights should be super populated so we can all have the same user experience.....smaller fights are simply different, so if you are tweaking the game for T1 - t3 fights only, then you don't see what 17 other servers see.

There are plenty of ANet devs that play WvW, and yes, do run with fight oriented guilds. The ones I personally know (and know of) aren't WvW Devs, but they're with ANet anyway.

Most likely, the WvW devs in particular avoid joining specifically WvW focused guilds, or if they do, stay fully incognito. Two reasons: One is, well, you only have to read this thread to figure out how they'd be treated if they showed themselves openly. **Yes, I'm calling out those of you who would keep trashing on them as if it's 2015. I mean, those of you who say they never see devs? _You're_ the reason for that Please get on with the times.**

The other is that they have to stay clear of being biased. Don't even try to deny that if you knew a dev personally, you'd try to persuade them to make whatever playstyle you personally prefer, at the cost of playstyles others prefer.