[Suggestions] Permanent Harvesting Tools

Embered.5089

I like that permanent tools are unique in their cast speeds. I really appreciate that the Unbound Gathering Tool hits 3 times.

I don't like that specific tools give specific materials that you can't otherwise get from harvesting. it's Watchwork Sprocket complaining time again!

I wish they would put a skin interface on the hero panel / wardrobe to allow you to select the skin for all gathering tools and we crafted account bound unbreakable tools as ascended gear. They could still sell the skin unlocks on the gem store plus if part of the wardrobe we'd have to use a transmutation charge to change. The bonus gathering could be tied to the skin currently in use. If they were to do something like that they could do away with the system that you have to use a specific grade tool for a node. The difference in tool types (copper, iron, etc) could be a rating of how many uses you get on all nodes.

Copper = 25 uses

Iron = 50 uses

Steel = 100 uses

Darksteel = 150 uses

Mithril = 200 uses

Orichalcum = 250 uses

Ascended = unlimited

Let's just ignore the fact that the unbound (and a few other) gathering tools have an advantage over most of other tools and just worry about the speed at which they gather, I think that anet should average out the speed at which every possible tool gathers and make that the speed at which every tool, gemstore or otherwise, gathers.

I just want the animations unlocked like skins whenever you buy any permanent tool. Were that the case, I'd buy more. I've never cared much about harvesting speed. I care even less now considering that mounts let you catch up with a zerg in record time anyway.

I mean I'd like to get the unbound tools, but I'm not giving up my harvesting flute tunes or dreamcleaver axe effect.

> @Embered.5089 said:

> Can you make all similar permanent harvesting tools the same speed? All logging axes the same speed, all mining pickaxes the same speed, and all harvesting sickles the same speed... just so I don't feel like I have to buy the consortium sickle just for the speed, or avoid buying other tools because they're super slow...

> You could make them harvest at the same speed and then the extra animation continue to play. It does that anyway when you've finished chopping trees down and the tree falls, but you're still swinging >_> So basically, bring all sickles up to the same speed as the consortium sickle. and same thing for the pickaxes and axes. Then I think a lot more of us would actually buy tools for their looks ^.^

My watchworks mining tool is as slow or even slower (seemingly) than a plain old ori pick.

We paid for these tools, they should be faster than the fastest one is BECAUSE we supported the game with more than just words or videos.

Can we get the speeds adjusted properly and a way to trade in the ones we regret buying? ill pay more gems to trade it out. im looking at you creepy jack in the box/glitter bomb skritt... if they werent so expensive when i go them id trash them.... just let me swap them out. Hell id even take the molten ones with no bonuses.

> @Chamelion.9536 said:

> Funny... all I would have wanted is an 'autoloot' function for harvesting.. you run over or next to the node and it auto gathers so you can continue what you're already doing.

>

> LOL

> oh, well.

> C

I think most games try not to do this to discourage the bots.

• 6 months later...

It would be a really decent move if the team made perma tool act like an outfit or a mini does in that they can be applied easily between every character not to mention, take away the danger of deleting them accidentally. They are expensive and since they take time to design different themes so that they might fit your play style and character, I think it would make sense to make them a collection in a way.