Druid nerfed? Soulbeast un-changed?

ZhouX.8742

Pack alpha isn't fixed ether, only F2 ability cooldown got reduced, not the pets own stuff, havent tried it yet but im sure the Iboga's consuming bite still only gets affected by 1 condition applied for extra damage

Edit: Also the Gotl change, so boring, not talking about it being nerfed just that it's a really really boring trait, couldn't it have changed to something different instead of just might steroids

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just becomes more apparent for every patch that none of the balance devs actively play ranger. The target increase for spirits are nice, the stance trait buff is a step in the right direction (Griffon stance is still crap, Vulture stance seems okay-ish now). They even managed to nerf torch and sharpening stones, as if condi ranger is a thing in pvp or condi soulbeast is overperforming in pve. Whirling Axe damage buff is welcome, but it's not what it needed. It either needs stability and protection or mobility.

The Grace of the Land change doesn't kill druid, and I can see why they changed it. It could never be replaceable in the raid meta as it was. But there is little compensation to make the druid's healing on par with stronger healing builds. I'd also rather have the beta version of Grace of the Land to fight condis in pvp than having a mightbot trait.

Edit: OH, the Pack Alpha fix only applied to F2 skills, not all their skills. Come on, Anet.

> @Lévis.5489 said:

> Torch and Sharpening Stone nerfed., druid nerfed, no shorbow changes, 15% more damage to whirling axe. It's almost as if Anet does not want you to play ranger.

But Vulture Stance got buffed and is better than flame trap now. So atleast in PvE the changes are minimal.

Ikr, they gutted Druid for whatever reason,

Now there's no reason to bring Druid anymore, just bring a Firebrand for both high damage and good healing.

GotL nerf is huge. Now Druid is officially the most useless healer class that bring nothing to the table anymore.

And no, might is not why people pick Warrior. It's cuz warrior has Empower Allies and Banners, which is a huge dps buff to the pt.

Also they barely change anything for stance, and barely fix the pet bugs. (Griffon stance still lol)

At the same time they buff many other classes to crazy degree.

Yep, ofc Anet is clueless.

> @Lazze.9870 said:

> It just becomes more apparent for every patch that none of the balance devs actively play ranger. The target increase for spirits are nice, the stance trait buff is a step in the right direction (Griffon stance is still crap, Vulture stance seems okay-ish now). They even managed to nerf torch and sharpening stones, as if condi ranger is a thing in pvp or condi soulbeast is overperforming in pve. Whirling Axe damage buff is welcome, but it's not what it needed. It either needs stability and protection or mobility.

>

> The Grace of the Land change doesn't kill druid, and I can see why they changed it. It could never be replaceable in the raid meta as it was. But there is little compensation to make the druid's healing on par with stronger healing builds. I'd also rather have the beta version of Grace of the Land to fight condis in pvp than having a mightbot trait.

>

> Edit: OH, the Pack Alpha fix only applied to F2 skills, not all their skills. Come on, Anet.

They don't actively play most classes, period. At least not in PvE.

I seriously hope most of you guys are joking... The GotL was a much needed and REQUESTED change by the community. If you've ever sat foot in a raid, or T4 fractals for that sake, you would know that Druid, PS warrior and Chronomancer's are almost considered mandatory, and having 60% of a group comp being set in stone for 2 years, it gets boring and it's BAD game design. This was the first step in a right direction, and I'm happy to see Anet bring forth this change. If you look at reddit or the forums, there are lots of theorycrafting going on, people discussing different comps, and the reason we can have these discussions are due to Anet managing to lighten Druid, PS, Chrono meta. It's not perfect (heck, Chrono wasn't even touched...). But now we can start theory crafting, and Druid will still be relevant due to 10 man spirits, might stack, fury from tiger, spotter, decent cc and moderate to great healing. Soulbeast were at around 38k dps, that's alot. Of course you got stuff like Weaver and Firebrand, but in turn, they might be gutted in the balance patch. It's no secret MMO companies tend to balance out to have some FotM classes, and we got to enjoy that for a good couple of weeks now with great dps numbers. The forums have been filled with complaints about bugged pets, and skills not working. Well guess what? Anet fixed that! We cried for stance changes, we got them! Sure I agree some of them are still piss weak, but I now some of them are worth considering at least. We got a good deal of fixes, Anet has managed to loosen up the stale PvE meta comp, and Ranger is still a relevant class. Anet did far better than what we've seen them do previously with ranger, and I think we should be rather well satisfied with what we got.

> @Ackzar.9156 said:

> I seriously hope most of you guys are joking... The GotL was a much needed and REQUESTED change by the community. If you've ever sat foot in a raid, or T4 fractals for that sake, you would know that Druid, PS warrior and Chronomancer's are almost considered mandatory, and having 60% of a group comp being set in stone for 2 years, it gets boring and it's BAD game design. This was the first step in a right direction, and I'm happy to see Anet bring forth this change. If you look at reddit or the forums, there are lots of theorycrafting going on, people discussing different comps, and the reason we can have these discussions are due to Anet managing to lighten Druid, PS, Chrono meta. It's not perfect (heck, Chrono wasn't even touched...). But now we can start theory crafting, and Druid will still be relevant due to 10 man spirits, might stack, fury from tiger, spotter, decent cc and moderate to great healing. Soulbeast were at around 38k dps, that's alot. Of course you got stuff like Weaver and Firebrand, but in turn, they might be gutted in the balance patch. It's no secret MMO companies tend to balance out to have some FotM classes, and we got to enjoy that for a good couple of weeks now with great dps numbers. The forums have been filled with complaints about bugged pets, and skills not working. Well guess what? Anet fixed that! We cried for stance changes, we got them! Sure I agree some of them are still kitten weak, but I now some of them are worth considering at least. We got a good deal of fixes, Anet has managed to loosen up the stale PvE meta comp, and Ranger is still a relevant class. Anet did far better than what we've seen them do previously with ranger, and I think we should be rather well satisfied with what we got.

And PS War/ Chrono is still on mandatory list because of "unique banner, alacrity, quickness, while only Druid is left behind , and GotL is considered as the lower end of buff compare to banners /alacrity/ quickness due to inconsistent buff uptime. (You can never keep it up 100%)

Don't get me started PS War actually does some dm compare to Druid which does almost none.

And you find that only gutting Druid is the reasonable choice while the other 2 should still stay mandatory while Druid can easily be replaced?

> @Ackzar.9156 said:

> Well guess what? Anet fixed that!

That's something you'd say if the were even remotely close to clear out all the bugs and inconsistencies. They're not. These are fixes they should roll out ASAP, not as a few changes as a larger part of a balance patch. They didn't even fix Pack Alpha properly. Adressing stances and finally making spirits affect 10 people like banners have for months were only to be expected, the spirit change should have been done at the same time as they changed banners.

I don't mind the GotL change. It made druid irreplaceable. No other class would ever have the same unique buffing potential.

I'm not sure how this can be seen in a step in the right direction. This update added a lot more might spam to professions, and for what?

Meanwhile, they could have made PvE splits to Barrier, Auras, and even alter Heroic Command to grant allies the amount of Kalla's Fervor stacks on a Renegade to nearby allies instead of might to really mix things up. GotL could have been kept the same with Spirit target cap being increased, with maybe the removal of increased condition damage on GotL so it's more power-oriented to help power builds out.

But instead, this is just an odd way to "shake up the meta."

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> > @Lazze.9870 said:

> > It just becomes more apparent for every patch that none of the balance devs actively play ranger. The target increase for spirits are nice, the stance trait buff is a step in the right direction (Griffon stance is still crap, Vulture stance seems okay-ish now). They even managed to nerf torch and sharpening stones, as if condi ranger is a thing in pvp or condi soulbeast is overperforming in pve. Whirling Axe damage buff is welcome, but it's not what it needed. It either needs stability and protection or mobility.

> >

> > The Grace of the Land change doesn't kill druid, and I can see why they changed it. It could never be replaceable in the raid meta as it was. But there is little compensation to make the druid's healing on par with stronger healing builds. I'd also rather have the beta version of Grace of the Land to fight condis in pvp than having a mightbot trait.

> >

> > Edit: OH, the Pack Alpha fix only applied to F2 skills, not all their skills. Come on, Anet.

>

> They don't actively play most classes, period. At least not in PvE.

Don't really care. Soulbeast is doing fine from a pure pve perspective, even though it would benefit from pet swap in beastmode and most other changes I would have in mind there aswell.

might stacking druid . its interesting change to meta .

condi soulbeast is overperferming in pve . if you didn't notice that all condition spec which had >35 k + dps got nerfed in this patch including firebrand , rev , and condi weaver .

druid is strong just you dont need two druid and you can play more builds without huge loss of group dps .

yeah power build buff feels lacking . but comparing other anet balance patch . this one did more good than harm for most classes in pve .

Oh stop your whining about GotL. Druids will still be mandatory in fractals and raids. The only thing that changes is that you now **need** only 1 druid and 1 warrior per raid. That's two more spots for class diversity.

In fractals nothing's changed. Druid-Chrono-Warr will still be a must. Chrono will be needed for obvious reasons, and druid will be needed for the heals/spirits/empowered glyph/might stacking. The only thing that could change is that warrior might now go dps instead of PS, which will alone make up for the damage loss of GotL. Will still be mandatory though, for EA and banners without droping from a top-dps spot.

> @Yelloweyedemon.2860 said:

> Oh stop your whining about GotL. Druids will still be mandatory in fractals and raids. The only thing that changes is that you now **need** only 1 druid and 1 warrior per raid. That's two more spots for class diversity.

>

> In fractals nothing's changed. Druid-Chrono-Warr will still be a must. Chrono will be needed for obvious reasons, and druid will be needed for the heals/spirits/empowered glyph/might stacking. The only thing that could change is that warrior might now go dps instead of PS, which will alone make up for the damage loss of GotL. Will still be mandatory though, for EA and banners without droping from a top-dps spot.

It sounds more like a powercreep because now you can play 6 dps classes. They should have used this as an incentive to buff raid boss hp by 50% (they even died too fast before power creep).

> @Yelloweyedemon.2860 said:

> Oh stop your whining

That'll never happen in these forums.

Anyhow, I barely play nowadays, but the stance changes are pretty strong.

I've been fighting against both condi Mesmer and condi scourge in PvP as a power ranger and am having excellent results. This is mostly thanks to the improved bear and doylak's stance. In addition, One Wolf Pack is incredibly strong now. Using it while traited with your pet out can double its' damage output.

> @Soilder.3607 said:

> > @Yelloweyedemon.2860 said:

> > Oh stop your whining

> That'll never happen in these forums.

>

> Anyhow, I barely play nowadays, but the stance changes are pretty strong.

>

> I've been fighting against both condi Mesmer and condi scourge in PvP as a power ranger and am having excellent results. This is mostly thanks to the improved bear and doylak's stance. In addition, One Wolf Pack is incredibly strong now. Using it while traited with your pet out can double its' damage output.

Dolyak stance wasn't changed though

> @Lazze.9870 said:

> > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > @Lazze.9870 said:

> > > It just becomes more apparent for every patch that none of the balance devs actively play ranger. The target increase for spirits are nice, the stance trait buff is a step in the right direction (Griffon stance is still crap, Vulture stance seems okay-ish now). They even managed to nerf torch and sharpening stones, as if condi ranger is a thing in pvp or condi soulbeast is overperforming in pve. Whirling Axe damage buff is welcome, but it's not what it needed. It either needs stability and protection or mobility.

> > >

> > > The Grace of the Land change doesn't kill druid, and I can see why they changed it. It could never be replaceable in the raid meta as it was. But there is little compensation to make the druid's healing on par with stronger healing builds. I'd also rather have the beta version of Grace of the Land to fight condis in pvp than having a mightbot trait.

> > >

> > > Edit: OH, the Pack Alpha fix only applied to F2 skills, not all their skills. Come on, Anet.

> >

> > They don't actively play most classes, period. At least not in PvE.

>

> Don't really care. Soulbeast is doing fine from a pure pve perspective, even though it would benefit from pet swap in beastmode and most other changes I would have in mind there aswell.

Condi is, which stupidly is what received attention as opposed to our languishing power builds.

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> > @Ackzar.9156 said:

> > I seriously hope most of you guys are joking... The GotL was a much needed and REQUESTED change by the community. If you've ever sat foot in a raid, or T4 fractals for that sake, you would know that Druid, PS warrior and Chronomancer's are almost considered mandatory, and having 60% of a group comp being set in stone for 2 years, it gets boring and it's BAD game design. This was the first step in a right direction, and I'm happy to see Anet bring forth this change. If you look at reddit or the forums, there are lots of theorycrafting going on, people discussing different comps, and the reason we can have these discussions are due to Anet managing to lighten Druid, PS, Chrono meta. It's not perfect (heck, Chrono wasn't even touched...). But now we can start theory crafting, and Druid will still be relevant due to 10 man spirits, might stack, fury from tiger, spotter, decent cc and moderate to great healing. Soulbeast were at around 38k dps, that's alot. Of course you got stuff like Weaver and Firebrand, but in turn, they might be gutted in the balance patch. It's no secret MMO companies tend to balance out to have some FotM classes, and we got to enjoy that for a good couple of weeks now with great dps numbers. The forums have been filled with complaints about bugged pets, and skills not working. Well guess what? Anet fixed that! We cried for stance changes, we got them! Sure I agree some of them are still kitten weak, but I now some of them are worth considering at least. We got a good deal of fixes, Anet has managed to loosen up the stale PvE meta comp, and Ranger is still a relevant class. Anet did far better than what we've seen them do previously with ranger, and I think we should be rather well satisfied with what we got.

>

> And PS War/ Chrono is still on mandatory list because of "unique banner, alacrity, quickness, while only Druid is left behind , and GotL is considered as the lower end of buff compare to banners /alacrity/ quickness due to inconsistent buff uptime. (You can never keep it up 100%)

> Don't get me started PS War actually does some dm compare to Druid which does almost none.

>

> And you find that only gutting Druid is the reasonable choice while the other 2 should still stay mandatory while Druid can easily be replaced?

>

>

PS Warrior is mandatory? 1 Warrior yes, for banners same as a ranger. PS warrior is completly dead and useless now. 1 Druid can maintain 25 stacks mights on 10 people easily.

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> And PS War/ Chrono is still on mandatory list because of "unique banner, alacrity, quickness, while only Druid is left behind , and GotL is considered as the lower end of buff compare to banners /alacrity/ quickness due to inconsistent buff uptime. (You can never keep it up 100%)

> Don't get me started PS War actually does some dm compare to Druid which does almost none.

>

> And you find that only gutting Druid is the reasonable choice while the other 2 should still stay mandatory while Druid can easily be replaced?

>

>

PS warrior is not mandatory, but the banners and EA buff is still going to be brought 100% of the time. But it's not a bad thing that Anet gets rid of the stupid unique buffs such as GotL, and now there will be contesting for might stacking. A lot of classes can stack 25 might. "Oh no, poor druids!!" well, we still got spirits, empower allies, spotter, cc, good heals AND we can single handedly give out 25 stacks of might, pretty much permanently. This is good for the health of the game, it frees up 2 new spots in raid compositions as we don't need 2 PS and 2 Druid per group. It's a step in the right direction, and I think we should be glad Anet is trying to fix some of the really bad composition issues we've had for 2 years now

> @Miellyn.6847 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > @Ackzar.9156 said:

> > > I seriously hope most of you guys are joking... The GotL was a much needed and REQUESTED change by the community. If you've ever sat foot in a raid, or T4 fractals for that sake, you would know that Druid, PS warrior and Chronomancer's are almost considered mandatory, and having 60% of a group comp being set in stone for 2 years, it gets boring and it's BAD game design. This was the first step in a right direction, and I'm happy to see Anet bring forth this change. If you look at reddit or the forums, there are lots of theorycrafting going on, people discussing different comps, and the reason we can have these discussions are due to Anet managing to lighten Druid, PS, Chrono meta. It's not perfect (heck, Chrono wasn't even touched...). But now we can start theory crafting, and Druid will still be relevant due to 10 man spirits, might stack, fury from tiger, spotter, decent cc and moderate to great healing. Soulbeast were at around 38k dps, that's alot. Of course you got stuff like Weaver and Firebrand, but in turn, they might be gutted in the balance patch. It's no secret MMO companies tend to balance out to have some FotM classes, and we got to enjoy that for a good couple of weeks now with great dps numbers. The forums have been filled with complaints about bugged pets, and skills not working. Well guess what? Anet fixed that! We cried for stance changes, we got them! Sure I agree some of them are still kitten weak, but I now some of them are worth considering at least. We got a good deal of fixes, Anet has managed to loosen up the stale PvE meta comp, and Ranger is still a relevant class. Anet did far better than what we've seen them do previously with ranger, and I think we should be rather well satisfied with what we got.

> >

> > And PS War/ Chrono is still on mandatory list because of "unique banner, alacrity, quickness, while only Druid is left behind , and GotL is considered as the lower end of buff compare to banners /alacrity/ quickness due to inconsistent buff uptime. (You can never keep it up 100%)

> > Don't get me started PS War actually does some dm compare to Druid which does almost none.

> >

> > And you find that only gutting Druid is the reasonable choice while the other 2 should still stay mandatory while Druid can easily be replaced?

> >

> >

>

> PS Warrior is mandatory? 1 Warrior yes, for banners same as a ranger. PS warrior is completly dead and useless now. 1 Druid can maintain 25 stacks mights on 10 people easily.

cPS is most likely not dead

> @musu.9205 said:

> might stacking druid . its interesting change to meta .

> condi soulbeast is overperferming in pve . if you didn't notice that all condition spec which had >35 k + dps got nerfed in this patch including firebrand , rev , and condi weaver .

> druid is strong just you dont need two druid and you can play more builds without huge loss of group dps .

>

> yeah power build buff feels lacking . but comparing other anet balance patch . this one did more good than harm for most classes in pve .

Condi druid is no-way compare to soulbeast condi...> @Ackzar.9156 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

>

> > And PS War/ Chrono is still on mandatory list because of "unique banner, alacrity, quickness, while only Druid is left behind , and GotL is considered as the lower end of buff compare to banners /alacrity/ quickness due to inconsistent buff uptime. (You can never keep it up 100%)

> > Don't get me started PS War actually does some dm compare to Druid which does almost none.

> >

> > And you find that only gutting Druid is the reasonable choice while the other 2 should still stay mandatory while Druid can easily be replaced?

> >

> >

>

> PS warrior is not mandatory, but the banners and EA buff is still going to be brought 100% of the time. But it's not a bad thing that Anet gets rid of the stupid unique buffs such as GotL, and now there will be contesting for might stacking. A lot of classes can stack 25 might. "Oh no, poor druids!!" well, we still got spirits, empower allies, spotter, cc, good heals AND we can single handedly give out 25 stacks of might, pretty much permanently. This is good for the health of the game, it frees up 2 new spots in raid compositions as we don't need 2 PS and 2 Druid per group. It's a step in the right direction, and I think we should be glad Anet is trying to fix some of the really bad composition issues we've had for 2 years now

>

Ranger doesn't has empower allies.