RIP Equilibrium (Herald trait)

BeepBoopBop.5403

> @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > @narcx.3570 said:

> > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> >

> > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

>

> Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

>

> All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

>

> Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

I would really like to hear why they changed this trait. I personally liked this trait and it didn't feel like "hard-to-use" for me. If they meant to help the revenant then I believe they did the exact opossite. It's a big nerf for those who were usign the trait, which means for 90% of us at least.

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > >

> > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> >

> > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> >

> > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> >

> > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

>

> Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

> @Khenzy.9348 said:

> Why would you play play revenant with Scourge (and condi Mirage) being meta anyways?

> What a bunch of masochists!

Because is hard and feels rewarding when you make it works. I was used to play Warriors and Guards and now feels dirty to me to play builds with access to stability.

> > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > >

> > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > >

> > > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> > >

> > > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> > >

> > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> >

> > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

>

> It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > > >

> > > > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> > > >

> > > > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> > >

> > > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

> >

> > It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

>

> Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

Mmm...ad hominem...clearly this conversation is going places. If you read my comment again with an effort to comprehend it, you can see I'm explaining what I'm seeing someone else say in an effort to better understand what their perception of equilibrium's efficacy is.

If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build. This they can no longer do because they are, as in the instance I am speaking of above, now losing their fights that were expected wins because their opponent bests them with the exact amount of HP remaining that the new equilibrium trait now affords.

Does this sound accurate? These are what the complaints are about, right?

> > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> > > >

> > > > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

> > >

> > > It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

> >

> > Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

>

> Mmm...ad hominem...clearly this conversation is going places. If you read my comment again with an effort to comprehend it, you can see I'm explaining what I'm seeing someone else say in an effort to better understand what their perception of equilibrium's efficacy is.

>

> If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build. This they can no longer do because they are, as in the instance I am speaking of above, now losing their fights that were expected wins because their opponent bests them with the exact amount of HP remaining that the new equilibrium trait now affords.

>

> Does this sound accurate? These are what the complaints are about, right?

All of revenant's attack are well telegraphed with short range. It doesn't have the instant pressure of mesmers (shatters), thieves (steal), guards (smite condition, judge's intervention) among many others.

The only things rev had was Equilibrium, something that needs a brain and a plan to use. It allowed the rev to play a bit defensively but cash in the leftover energy later to do some instant counterpressure every once in a while. Precision Strike, if all hits land, hits for let's say 4-5k, add 3-4k equ to this and that might be enough to make your opponent take their legs off the gas pedal. Now it's just not there.

It made impossible matchups better, vs thief for example rev's not doing that well, if it was a 80-20 before. For sure it's a 100-0 in favor of thief now, your new might stacking is nothing if you can't land a burst.

> > > > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> > > >

> > > > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

> > >

> > > It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

> >

> > Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

>

> Mmm...ad hominem...clearly this conversation is going places. If you read my comment again with an effort to comprehend it, you can see I'm explaining what I'm seeing someone else say in an effort to better understand what their perception of equilibrium's efficacy is.

>

> If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build. This they can no longer do because they are, as in the instance I am speaking of above, now losing their fights that were expected wins because their opponent bests them with the exact amount of HP remaining that the new equilibrium trait now affords.

>

> Does this sound accurate? These are what the complaints are about, right?

Equilibrium was not a huge source of damage (when compared to all of power rev). It was however, a huge source of burst damage, and a key trait that every Invocation power rev centered their playstyle and rotations around. Every other skill on power rev is slow, almost warrior level animations. Equilibrium offered a tool to get around that and offered a way IMO to respond to fast slippery builds, as well as added heavy cleave damage in team fights.

I said this on another thread: I honestly think we may have GAINED total damage. However, without equilibrium, all of our ways of inflicting such damage are very obvious and counterable. So they pretty much lowered the skill cap on revenant by deleting a VERY core trait that only rewarded good play and planning, shrinking the difference between bad revenants and good revenants. At the same time, they also reduced revenants overall ability to carry team fights. Also at the same time, they added a passive overloaded trait that gives us permanent 25 might (which we didn't need, didn't ask for, and already had with Nefarious Momentum). So yes our hit per hit damage may have gone up, but unless everyone forgot how to counterplay the super obvious skills, it's useless.

The hyperbole is so thick in here I don't know how you guys even see your monitors to write these posts, let alone play the game.

Sounds like you just need to delete your Revanants and move on since the class is so utterly useless now (/s). Hopefully you all get your equilibrium trait back so it brings happiness back into your lives.

> The hyperbole is so thick in here I don't know how you guys even see your monitors to write these posts, let alone play the game.

>

> Sounds like you just need to delete your Revanants and move on since the class is so utterly useless now (/s). Hopefully you all get your equilibrium trait back so it brings happiness back into your lives.

"I have nothing to offer but I'm here anyway"

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build....

You play thief, right? Is Backstab the "core source" of your damage? If not, is it still important to you then?

> @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > > > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > > > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> > > > >

> > > > > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

> > > >

> > > > It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

> > >

> > > Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

> >

> > If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build....

>

>

> You play thief, right? Is Backstab the "core source" of your damage? If not, is it still important to you then?

Yes, no, and no. I see what you're getting at, but equilibrium doesn't have nearly the weight that backstab has to a build. You're talking backstab's 7-9k crits vs equilibrium's 2-3k crits. That's basically an auto attack every 8 seconds.

its seems that anet want to push revenant to sustain dmg and not burst one. so this trait which give nice burst for a good player has change to more sustain during fights via boons you get. also a more team player with boon sharing option.

see what they did:

Lasting Legacy: push the dmg modifier to renegade over invocation and fast 15 might stacks when you have 5 stacks of kalla.

Charged Mists: now more using your nrg and with Forceful Persistence with drain nrg you gain 7% more dmg (or 6% with herald). also good for support ventari which needs more nrg for burst heal and cleanse. works nice with ventari jallis swap to gain 50% dmg reduction with rotgd twice.

Shrouded Mists: This trait has been reworked and renamed Song of the Mists, - more sustain abilities with nice heal 2k with out healing power, weakness and barrier, conditions. could buff the dmg though.

Equilibrium: This trait has been reworked and renamed Spirit Boon - some boons are really not needed but the proc without nrg. but you lose dmg but you gain 7% more and more migh if you choose to. so more sustain dmg over burst dmg. so gain more boon sharing without nrg cost.

Cruel Repercussion: This trait has been reworked and renamed to Forceful Persistence- more sustain dmg

Incensed Response: Increased might stacks from 2 to 5. This trait now requires you to be the source of fury in order to gain might. - combined with renegade you got fast 25 might stacks . just watch out of corruption.

all in all we see our role turn into sustain dmg over burst dmg (thief and mesmer job). we push more and more into team fight with boons and support abilities. and push to try harder renegade power traits. alos our self sustain for support role has buffed with more healing, aoe stability, aoe weakness and more nrg.

> > @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > > > > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > > > > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

> > > > >

> > > > > It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

> > > >

> > > > Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

> > >

> > > If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build....

> >

> >

> > You play thief, right? Is Backstab the "core source" of your damage? If not, is it still important to you then?

>

> Yes, no, and no. I see what you're getting at, but equilibrium doesn't have nearly the weight that backstab has to a build. You're talking backstab's 7-9k crits vs equilibrium's 2-3k crits. That's basically an auto attack every 8 seconds.

Well, it could go up to 5k and it's instant, which is the main reason, so you could land an auto and equi at the same time, and that's almost a backstab already.

> @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > > > > @"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:

> > > > > > > > > @narcx.3570 said:

> > > > > > > > > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Go fight a holo, I think power revenant vs holo match up has been made WAY worse after removing Equilibrium.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It sounds like you're telling me that you were winning all of your fights vs holosmiths because of this one 6k damage dealing trait and now you're losing all your fights vs holosmiths because this 6k damage isn't 6k anymore.

> > > > >

> > > > > Weren't you implying in your last post that equilibrium was weak? Now you're implying it was too strong? Can you pick one?

> > > >

> > > > If I am to believe this forum's complaints, equilibrium was a core source of damage for power Rev and everyone was managing their energy precisely enough in PvP to make this trait a _significant_ amount of their damage output for their build....

> > >

> > >

> > > You play thief, right? Is Backstab the "core source" of your damage? If not, is it still important to you then?

> >

> > Yes, no, and no. I see what you're getting at, but equilibrium doesn't have nearly the weight that backstab has to a build. You're talking backstab's 7-9k crits vs equilibrium's 2-3k crits. That's basically an auto attack every 8 seconds.

>

> Well, it could go up to 5k and it's instant, which is the main reason, so you could land an auto and equi at the same time, and that's almost a backstab already.

Haha yeah everyone thinks they can tank staff auto then bam legend swap.

Can we have Equilibrium back now?

> Yes, no, and no. I see what you're getting at, but equilibrium doesn't have nearly the weight that backstab has to a build. You're talking backstab's 7-9k crits vs equilibrium's 2-3k crits. That's basically an auto attack every 8 seconds.

It's not that equilibrium was such a strong trait and that rev is 'unviable' without it, but more that equilibrium was a playstyle defining trait. When the sigil update happened, with the removal of hydro/leeching and geo/doom , a lot of builds had to change their playstyle. When i first picked up rev back in season1, viper rev was a thing. The main reason i picked up rev was because i loved the weapon-swap + legend-swap combo, being able to proc all 4 on-swap sigils at once. With equilibrium gone, the last remaining thing in that playstyle is now completely gone. Never again, will i be able to completely turn a fight around with a well timed precision strike+equilibrum+surge of the mist wombo combo. Timing your burst with your legend swap and making sure your energy level is above 50% is no longer a thing.

Balance wise, removing equilibrium may not have been a big thing, but the fact that this particular playstyle that plenty of rev player, including myself, enjoyed so much is now gone is pretty sad.

> @Spoichiche.1290 said:

> > Yes, no, and no. I see what you're getting at, but equilibrium doesn't have nearly the weight that backstab has to a build. You're talking backstab's 7-9k crits vs equilibrium's 2-3k crits. That's basically an auto attack every 8 seconds.

>

> It's not that equilibrium was such a strong trait and that rev is 'unviable' without it, but more that equilibrium was a playstyle defining trait. When the sigil update happened, with the removal of hydro/leeching and geo/doom , a lot of builds had to change their playstyle. When i first picked up rev back in season1, viper rev was a thing. The main reason i picked up rev was because i loved the weapon-swap + legend-swap combo, being able to proc all 4 on-swap sigils at once. With equilibrium gone, the last remaining thing in that playstyle is now completely gone. Never again, will i be able to completely turn a fight around with a well timed precision strike+equilibrum+surge of the mist wombo combo. Timing your burst with your legend swap and making sure your energy level is above 50% is no longer a thing.

>

Exactly. By removing equilibrium and forcing former equilibrium revs into incensed response, our burst damage has been heavily nerfed (again lol) while our sustained damage has been buffed. It's too bad we often don't have the sustain to see that sustained damage through, or weakness destroys the sustained damage, or people dodge the sustained damage because who doesn't know to double dodge unrelenting assault or kite away from autos?

• 4 weeks later...

> @Salvo.8290 said:

> "We also took a hard look at the Invocation trait line and removed several of the harder-to-use traits based on energy thresholds."

>

> You actually have it in writing now that the developers want to reduce the skill ceiling.

They have been lowering the skill ceiling for YEARS. They have gone with the quantity of player over the quality of player. Now its either "spam all the buttons the moment they are off cool down" or "spam that single button until target is dead" Depending on class of course. Somehow Anet manages to make the balance worse every single time. When you think they have hit rock bottom, they manage to dig through that rock and find another way to be worse.

For a development and balance team that takes SIX months to do an actual balance update, they do such a shoddy job. Having to question what changes were intended and what is bugged, what changes they made but didnt list. What new bugs and issues they have added but somehow didnt both to TEST before release that wont be fixed until the next balance update that will take place in another 6months that will just repeat with adding more bugs and issues.

As mentioned by Miles Smiles it could go up to 5k crits but not all changes are PvP only, there are rare occasions where it’s made due to WvW and because devs just don’t like the way a trait works anymore. I know in WvW equilibrium and hydro could burst half your health away with no tell and it had a variety of follow up skills whether you were on staff or sword to end the fight quick. I suspect it was changed because power rev could spike out far too much damage with the trait too frequently.

> @apharma.3741 said:

> As mentioned by Miles Smiles it could go up to 5k crits but not all changes are PvP only, there are rare occasions where it’s made due to WvW and because devs just don’t like the way a trait works anymore. I know in WvW equilibrium and hydro could burst half your health away with no tell and it had a variety of follow up skills whether you were on staff or sword to end the fight quick. I suspect it was changed because power rev could spike out far too much damage with the trait too frequently.

You could get hit for huge damage from it in WvW, it was insanely unbalanced. It would be. Start in Glint. Spam everything on the target, Legend swap. proc Eq as well as likely Hydro and boom, face melted.