Shroud Decay and Damage

Kalocin.5982

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> > @Anchoku.8142 said:

> > I think the nerf to shroud camping will be a good thing in the long run. Perhaps it will spur the return of longer chill duration.

> >

> > Reaper was described as a slow monster that could own unwary players that entered melee with it. If the balance team looks at Reaper from that perspective, they may end up buffing more power skills, traits, and soft CC like chill to realign the specialization toward its purpose.

> >

> > Shroud camping, condi-Reaper, mobility, and ranged damage are not aligned thematically. Reaper should be susceptible to kiting and ranged damage but not so much for anything in melee.

>

> can you please go and check reaper as it is now, check every trait, runes, sigils, stats combination and please let me know how it is supposed to stay alive in any game mode?

This kind of sensationalism is not productive to the discussion. If you can't keep alive as a Necro in ANY game mode, it's because you are a terrible player; Necro of ALL classes have the MOST easily accessed AFK mode builds, and those builds don't even suck to badly!!! PVE is stupid easy to stay alive, as ANY of the core or elite specs.

Now, I get your bent is about WvW and PvP and you think the carpet has been pulled out from under you. That's fair. But your statements in every thread you post in are just misleading and even incorrect. Yup, Reaper Shroud is not the 'second life' it was before the patch. It's something else ... and that makes sense because it's SUPPOSED to be something else that Death Shroud isn't. The fact is that you have to decide as a player what strategy fits best for what you want to do with the class. You have it backwards. You don't try to shoe horn your build into the strategy that you want to play. Reaper is obviously not any longer a 'outlast' strategy spec; get over it. It was a necessary change. Anet has done something here they should have done three years ago ... Give Reaper it's own unique feel, which is exactly what a espec is supposed to do. It does that now. Time to adapt ... or just be cannon fodder. Your choice.

You know what the best thing you can do right now? It's to play the hell out of the BEST reaper build you can, because Anet is paying more attention to what is happening ingame than any amount of complaining that is going on here .. oh and stop being so dramatic.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > > @Anchoku.8142 said:

> > > I think the nerf to shroud camping will be a good thing in the long run. Perhaps it will spur the return of longer chill duration.

> > >

> > > Reaper was described as a slow monster that could own unwary players that entered melee with it. If the balance team looks at Reaper from that perspective, they may end up buffing more power skills, traits, and soft CC like chill to realign the specialization toward its purpose.

> > >

> > > Shroud camping, condi-Reaper, mobility, and ranged damage are not aligned thematically. Reaper should be susceptible to kiting and ranged damage but not so much for anything in melee.

> >

> > can you please go and check reaper as it is now, check every trait, runes, sigils, stats combination and please let me know how it is supposed to stay alive in any game mode?

>

> This kind of sensationalism is not productive to the discussion. If you can't keep alive as a Necro in ANY game mode, it's because you are a terrible player; Necro of ALL classes have the MOST easily accessed AFK mode builds, and those builds don't even suck to badly!!! PVE is stupid easy to stay alive, as ANY of the core or elite specs.

>

> Now, I get your bent is about WvW and PvP and you think the carpet has been pulled out from under you. That's fair. But your statements in every thread you post in are just misleading and even incorrect. Yup, Reaper Shroud is not the 'second life' it was before the patch. It's something else ... and that makes sense because it's SUPPOSED to be something else that Death Shroud isn't. The fact is that you have to decide as a player what strategy fits best for what you want to do with the class. You have it backwards. You don't try to shoe horn your build into the strategy that you want to play. Reaper is obviously not any longer a 'outlast' strategy spec; get over it. It was a necessary change. Anet has done something here they should have done three years ago ... Give Reaper it's own unique feel, which is exactly what a espec is supposed to do. It does that now. Time to adapt ... or just be cannon fodder. Your choice.

>

> You know what the best thing you can do right now? It's to play the hell out of the BEST reaper build you can, because Anet is paying more attention to what is happening ingame than any amount of complaining that is going on here .. oh and stop being so dramatic.

I thank you for giving me always a reason to reply and bump my threads up, not sure if you doing it on purpose or what but anyway it is working.

I ofc can stay alive in open world PvE and Dungeons, i can not stay alive in WvW nor i have to try to as Reaper since Scourge is so fucking broken compared that there is no reason to play Reaper right now, that is maninly what i am complaining for. About PvP only way i have to stay alive is to be sneaky and attack players already fighting and avoid at all 1vs1 otherwise you are dead, war, firebran, weavers, thieves can kill you without you even landing an hit, or ppl can just disengage you when they are in troble and leave you there without any possibility to chase. I do not know about Raids nor Fractal beacouse i do not play them.

Btw, i am still waiting a working Reaper build for any game mode, maybe you got some ?

I get your complaint, it's just like every other player's complaint who does not want to adapt to game changes. you're not exceptional or unique in that regard. I've seen your type ... you aren't more persistent than Anet is; it's much easier to stay silent than it is to continue a ruckus. The truth of the matter is that you are just going to have to be patient and in the meantime, decide to force a build into a service it can't do or adapt. I'm rather indifferent to your plight for a working Reaper build; it's simply a thinly veiled ruse that you will use to soapbox how bad it is. You don't need anyone to feed you. Considering your self-proclaimed level of experience, if you can't think of a build yourself, then it's probably not the game that's bad.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> I get your complaint, it's just like every other player's complaint who does not want to adapt to game changes. you're not exceptional or unique in that regard. I've seen your type ... you aren't more persistent than Anet is; it's much easier to stay silent than it is to continue a ruckus. The truth of the matter is that you are just going to have to be patient and in the meantime, decide to force a build into a service it can't do or adapt. I'm rather indifferent to your plight for a working Reaper build; it's simply a thinly veiled ruse that you will use to soapbox how bad it is. You don't need anyone to feed you. Considering your self-proclaimed level of experience, if you can't think of a build yourself, then it's probably not the game that's bad.

It is not a problem to think of a build if it was possible to set up one. As Anet changed the reaper it is not doing damage, nor condition damage, nor staying alive in a way it is viable in any game mode, and even if it is viable there is a class (a new one often) who is doing better then same thing.

To sum up, i am still asking, any working build out there worth to be played or not ? Beacouse if there is not i would like to ask a revert to the latest changes due to their immense failure.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kjGo2Gs4GwyGgeTssMYTfgAQJIeGWD/hU3glQOA-j1BBABBcKAA4JAYp6PRqEUP9BCt/QXK/IFgoy0A-w

Worked before players fell addicted to _vital persistence_, worked while player were addicted to _vital persistence_, worked after the changes to _vital persistence_, still work.

Look at the incoming zerg, blow Wh#5 and one of the 2 spectral skill before entering the shroud and wrecking havock in the enemy zerg. When you start to see your life force fall, just leave the enemy zerg. You are a hit-n-run front liner that exploit a short window of extrem resilience to fart your burst and then leave to catch your breath. It's very easy to play and have always worked, the decay being 3%, 4% or 5% change nothing to the strategy and barely hinder your gameplay.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> It is not a problem to think of a build if it was possible to set up one. As Anet changed the reaper it is not doing damage, nor condition damage, nor staying alive in a way it is viable in any game mode, and even if it is viable there is a class (a new one often) who is doing better then same thing.

You really need to stop using the phrase 'in any game mode' when you're actually just talking about PVP/WvW. Open world PVE, Dungeons, and Fractals are all technically game modes.

Well. Guess there shold be a trait, that reduces lf-loose. Oh wait. They took it away.

Its just a fcking joke from anet what they did to us necro players. Lets take a look at weaver. U can play him full offens. Do 20k crits without might, and have super good sustain.

And what do we have? A greatsword which is slow as a snail, an axe that only does a little bit og dmg with one skill. No real good offhand weapon, no survivability spells, no team support, no mobility and still we only get 1/2 of the dmg an ele can do. And all because we have 8k more health?

Not understandable.

Any other class can just oneshot these 8k health, and then its even health, but necro is just behind in everything else.

I gues they want necro to be a afk minion class. To only be viable in open world pve. Nowhere else.

Please please PLEASE! Dont do it.devs Dont think about necro that way. Or at least. Say that you think about necro that way.

Its getting really annoying to play the class, thats getting the worst "balancing" of any class in the game. Id even say, in any mmo i ever played.