Winds of Disenchantment Change is worse. bubbles invisible

hunkamania.7561

> @Nomad.4301 said:

> Lol, Was it really that hard to just use the same "Red Winds" effect that the hostile harpies all over PoF use? It looks like a thief dropped a shadow refuge on top of the bubble now.

>

> Edit* Here's a pic of what i'm talking about:

>

Harpy Spellbreaker Bubble

>

Yeah not sure why they didn't just go with that. The changes to this game just crack me up sometimes.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> WvW can be considered dead as long as this skill is not nerfed or has its cd increased. Long live pirateship.

This skill can't be nerfed any further, what you are asking for is a rework. The CD is already very long along with the cast time and the fact that warrior needs to cast it as a melee spell.

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > WvW can be considered dead as long as this skill is not nerfed or has its cd increased. Long live pirateship.

>

> This skill can't be nerfed any further, what you are asking for is a rework. The CD is already very long along with the cast time and the fact that warrior needs to cast it as a melee spell.

Bubble is fine, Enchantment Collapse isn't.

Also it doesn't matter if the CD is long and the warrior has to be melee to cast it since bubble paired with Enchantment Collapse causes a group to get cc spammed into death. (Gravity wells are insane paired with it)

> @Vermillion.4061 said:

> > @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > > WvW can be considered dead as long as this skill is not nerfed or has its cd increased. Long live pirateship.

> >

> > This skill can't be nerfed any further, what you are asking for is a rework. The CD is already very long along with the cast time and the fact that warrior needs to cast it as a melee spell.

>

> Bubble is fine, Enchantment Collapse isn't.

>

> Also it doesn't matter if the CD is long and the warrior has to be melee to cast it since bubble paired with Enchantment Collapse causes a group to get cc spammed into death. (Gravity wells are insane paired with it)

Bubble creates an environment for things to happen. For an elite spell with such a long cd and melee cast radius as well as long cast time, stripping enemies of 1 boon is ridiculously underwhelming. True that Winds prevent more boons from being casted but given the dynamics on the field, stripping is far more effective than prevention. In short, what's the point of bubble if things do not happen. <-fullstop

Furthermore, warriors are like a 1-trick pony zerg-wise. Guard beats warrior hands down in usefulness for the zerg. I can't imagine taking away the one thing that makes him useful.

But what do I know, I'm just a scourge that everyone hates.

The new colour is pretty difficult to see in well-lit areas. In dark areas, at night, in tight quarters, and on uneven terrain, it pretty much impossible to notice unless the whole AOE is completely within the field of view (at a distance). With low settings is is barely more than a slightly-less-lit area of the screen with no discernible boundaries, especially when red circles completely litter the field. At least with the old colour, I could tell the boundaries of every winds of disenchantment from any distance, even whilst inside any number of them.

The problem is that the new colour does not stand out. It is worse than that though, since the effect actually blends into everything because the colour is so dark.

Please revert the colour change until a better choice is figured out. Or just revert it and leave it as it was before. I would actually be fine not being able to tell the difference of whose winds of disenchantment it is at first glance, just so long as I can see it. At least the old colour will give me something to react to, because right now not seeing the AOE effect is making WvW unplayable for me.

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > WvW can be considered dead as long as this skill is not nerfed or has its cd increased. Long live pirateship.

>

> This skill can't be nerfed any further, what you are asking for is a rework. The CD is already very long along with the cast time and the fact that warrior needs to cast it as a melee spell.

90s is not a "very long" cd. Several elites skills are 120+ cd. There is plenty of room for nerfs. For example: reduce the pulsing frequency

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> Couldn't they just use red bubbles for enemy teams lol...

I keep asking myself the same thing. But, after the change yesterday I'm am utterly convinced they WANT Warrior and their "Winds" to be OP, and hard to see/avoid. There's no other explanation for not just making the enemy bubble red.