Please Revert the rate at which life force is lost while in shroud.

ilmau.9781

This is the second consecutive time that with a patch you guys hit life force from necros and reapers and OFC everytime making it worst and worst to the point it is no more usable. As it is now Necro and Reaper have no meaning to even exist since Scourge is so broken compared.

Please, if you want a tiny bit of diversity revert back the rate at which life force is lost while in shroud otherwise it will be only and only and ONLY Condi Scourge around.

Beacouse as i see this and previous patch purpose was to give ppl a clear signal that YOU HAVE TO BUY THE NEW EXPANSION BEACOUSE IT WILL BE THE ONLY DECENT SPEC VIABLE.

It's obvious that nobody has a clue how to make it work.

* They go one way Deathly Chill gets 1 bleed, then,

* Deathly Chill gets 3 bleeds, then,

* Deathly Chill gets 1 bleed again,

* and in between all that nonsense, they nerf LF and Shroud mechanics into the ground

A NET LOSS. Thanks. I worked for seconds on that pun!

so shroud was 4% decay. with old traits 2%.

you killed the trait and everybody cried super loud because that was too much. 25% baseline decay reduction got implemented hence 3% decay/sec.

and now you made it worse than initial shroud with 5%/sec.

lets make a deal and make it 4% decay. the increased dmg is really cool and is finally a way to use shroud and not being afraid of losing all your dps. but i am not feeling like the overtoned fast decay is worth the increased dps :-/

i guess i will try to adapt just like i did previously - but this time its gonna be a lot harder.

> @TheLastNobody.8319 said:

> I could understand it if necro has some way to mitigate damage other than just Shroud. But we don’t. Plus being melee makes you squishier by default AND we lose access to our utilities.

Apparently, Anet considers our shroud as stronger than any other damage-mitigation.

Hence we have no blocks, invulnerability etc.

Next patch request: dont bother buffing anything just revert to yesterdays decay level. Thats it! Thats all. The rest is good. Just do that... thats all. READ. Allow us -some form of defense- which our shroud was. You are allowed to buff and hold back on a nerf, as ridiculous as that reads. I'm sure alot would agree with me. Great start now finish the job.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> tbh given how large the buffs where the the degen increase is fair. In PvE.

>

> PvP should probably be skill split to 4% degen though.

>

oh my god!!! there was no need to damage boost while the main problem in wvw and pvp is always HOW TO STAY ALIVE..... who cares about do damage when you are dead? how do you land you skills on an enemy who perma evade, perma stealth, perma dodge, perma block and you have to use the only defensive stuffs you got (the shroud) to deal damage instead ?!?!?!

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > @TheLastNobody.8319 said:

> > I could understand it if necro has some way to mitigate damage other than just Shroud. But we don’t. Plus being melee makes you squishier by default AND we lose access to our utilities.

>

> Apparently, Anet considers our shroud as stronger than any other damage-mitigation.

> Hence we have no blocks, invulnerability etc.

This. This is exactly the issue. They don't really play reaper so they only have this abstract idea of how strong it is, which, is apparently some godmode-level mitigation. They're so disconnected from the reality its just painful to witness their ignorance in action over and over again.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > tbh given how large the buffs where the the degen increase is fair. In PvE.

> >

> > PvP should probably be skill split to 4% degen though.

> >

>

> oh my god!!! there was no need to damage boost while the main problem in wvw and pvp is always HOW TO STAY ALIVE..... who cares about do damage when you are dead? how do you land you skills on an enemy who perma evade, perma stealth, perma dodge, perma block and you have to use the only defensive stuffs you got (the shroud) to deal damage instead ?!?!?!

Actually we really needed the damage boost in PvP. Staying alive doesn't mean much if you aren't a threat to anyone.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > tbh given how large the buffs where the the degen increase is fair. In PvE.

> > >

> > > PvP should probably be skill split to 4% degen though.

> > >

> >

> > oh my god!!! there was no need to damage boost while the main problem in wvw and pvp is always HOW TO STAY ALIVE..... who cares about do damage when you are dead? how do you land you skills on an enemy who perma evade, perma stealth, perma dodge, perma block and you have to use the only defensive stuffs you got (the shroud) to deal damage instead ?!?!?!

>

> Actually we really needed the damage boost in PvP. Staying alive doesn't mean much if you aren't a threat to anyone.

again i am asking you, why should someone struggle to stay alive and do damage with Reaper while Scourge is so broken compared???

so let me know what you think if this is not a clear attempt to force players to use the new class turning the old one unplayable?

all i know is, i am getting some serious anet-nerfing fatigue. They must think their players are supreme idiots. Lets boost the damage in shroud, make it look like an epic buff, then quietly half the amount of time your in shroud (this is not even counting if your getting hit) so you cannot do the increased damage.

In the long run, speaking from wvW here, this is a srtaight up nerf. You cannot stay in shroud long enough to see the dmage increase. The dps is about the same as it was before the patch, only now our survivability has been neutered. I cannot speak for Pve though. I guess if you never get hit you can stay in shroud longer and this might be perceived as a buff.

> @mulzi.8273 said:

> all i know is, i am getting some serious anet-nerfing fatigue. They must think their players are supreme idiots. Lets boost the damage in shroud, make it look like an epic buff, then quietly half the amount of time your in shroud (this is not even counting if your getting hit) so you cannot do the increased damage.

>

> In the long run, speaking from wvW here, this is a srtaight up nerf. You cannot stay in shroud long enough to see the dmage increase. The dps is about the same as it was before the patch, only now our survivability has been neutered. I cannot speak for Pve though. I guess if you never get hit you can stay in shroud longer and this might be perceived as a buff.

Let's hope some dev with brain step up and fix that shit since as it is now i am about to take a long break from the game.

yoyo i do not forget still no revert so i am still here, you won t get rid of me until you fix the mess you created.

We want reaper to be a viable class for WvW and PvP and to do that we need to do damage and stay alive, both aspect has been totally nerfed at same time, so i am asking you, don t you think you overdid a bit?

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> This has effectively killed minion master. In order to keep any time in shroud at all i have to drop death magic and run with spite, soul reaping and reaper and all signet build. So much for diversity, expected so much more this go around after the last poor balance build-wise anyway, what a fool i am lol!

I would say a good MM build doesn't even touch shroud in the first place ... the strength of the MM build is to take advantage of minions, which you can't do if you pop in and out of shroud.

Anyways, the thread is loaded with sensationalism ... Anet will not revert this patch changes .. it's the 'price' that is needed to give the class the burst it was given in RS. Adjusted? That's more likely, though it will still not come for free.

We're so used to nonsensical dmg tht when we receive a juicy buff it is glorious, but - does it cut the mustard or is it just.........heading in the right direction. Do you out there feel that the amount of dmg gained is equivalent to the shroud degen/defense lost. Perhaps we dnt spike for enough? Maybe there's a build we're yet to discover. All I can say is that its been figured out. They have the grand design theyre just ever so slowly giving it to us...piece by piece to keep us threading like mungbeans, emotionally invested..all of it. They're smart. Little joey given all his xmas toys at once wont be playing for long, but incrementally hit him in the head with one every 2nd day and perhaps he wont bother you that quickly. What say you brethren?

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > tbh given how large the buffs where the the degen increase is fair. In PvE.

> > >

> > > PvP should probably be skill split to 4% degen though.

> > >

> >

> > oh my god!!! there was no need to damage boost while the main problem in wvw and pvp is always HOW TO STAY ALIVE..... who cares about do damage when you are dead? how do you land you skills on an enemy who perma evade, perma stealth, perma dodge, perma block and you have to use the only defensive stuffs you got (the shroud) to deal damage instead ?!?!?!

>

> Actually we really needed the damage boost in PvP. Staying alive doesn't mean much if you aren't a threat to anyone.

But if u cant stsy alive u arent a threat either